Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

Sunlust [on /idgames]

UPDATE 06/12/2015: MAPSET DONE. DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW

Sunlust is a set of 32 boom-compatible maps for Doom II created by myself and Dannebubinga, designed to be played from pistol start. The maps meander through a range of themes, from traditional bases and temples to abstract hellish, void, and tech aesthetics. UV is designed primarily for ubermensch doom-gods, thus we encourage most players to start off on HMP or lower.

The wad is currently in beta. There will undoubtedly be bugs, tell us about them! Additionally, while nearly all the odds and ends are done graphically, we're still in need of a sexy M_DOOM graphic. If you or someone you know would be interested in whipping something firey and delicious up shoot Danne or myself a PM!

What else am I supposed to post.. screenshots? We have enough of those, go play already!

DOWNLOAD: Sunlust [/idgames]

old stuff:

Spoiler

Screenshots!

Looks great and I'd love to play it, but I have too much on my plate to really playtest a whole megawad. I'm sure you'll get lots of response though. If not, I'd be happy to do HMP in like a week or two.

Memfis: I saw that too. Looks like a Cyberdemon head on a stick, or something.

This looks pretty good...although I dunno about being expert enough to do it....buuuut there's nothing stopping me from trying. I tend not to try a lot of hard WADS as sometimes they can be really cheap as opposed to fun challenge.

Fuck yeah. I'll play test this. You guys are the only people who make Slaughtermaps I enjoy.

Or you could just post a v1 wad.. oh yeah, then you'd have to watch like 40 FDAs, nevermind. You should make a secret map called buttlust.

Look out revelations of doom and resurgence! Oh wait a minute..

Seriously I'm looking forward to how you guys mix together. It's going to be a cracking result no doubt! I would love to playtest, but I can't guarantee I would consistently churn out my thoughts, it depends on my life/uni workload at times.

oh man... I've been waiting for this to happen.

I can do some testing on HMP if you like, I've a feeling UV will destroy me

I'll start sending out some wads through pm's later tonight. The first 10 maps aren't that hard compared to the later levels. I think most of you will do fine even on UV.

Ooh this looks great.
Im still a bit busy with playtesting Cannonball's E4 Replacement for a few days but i would love to take a look at this afterwards.

I'm generally not much of a slaughter-y player, but I enjoyed the hell out of Combat Shock 2 and the 2014 Ribbikswads so I'd be up for testing if you're interested in a slightly-less-hardcore player's perspective.

For the record, I eventually did finish the maps in the above in UV, even though it took me aeons. :P

Feel free to hit me with a WIP if you don't mind late responses. I'm sure you don't, because it's a little price to pay for preventing your wad from becoming a bug-ridden trainwreck. :p

Thanks a lot everybody for showing such interest in helping us out with the testing. We sure appreciate it :)

Demon of the well: You are like nostradamus ;)

Sexy looking screenies you got there. I wouldn't mind doing a little playtesting for ZDoom and such ports (Boom ports just don't work on my computer for some reason...). I can also possibly help out with music if need be, as well.

<--- Hyped as Hell

Good luck for this one, Ribbiks & danne !
I'd love to help with playtesting but my free time has been drastically reduced, so it wouldn't be wise to promise anything. I'll make sure to record over-cautious and boring FDAs for you though :)

I need to call a doctor. still hard

Seriously though, I bet you guys are awesome together. I'm really happy you're collaborating on something because I'm sure it would put anything I could ever make to shame.