Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hypr

Best wads people ever played ( sequel to huge doom levels)

what would you all think is the best wad you ever played or a major site said thay they were the best for

detail , toughness and architechture

Memento Mori, Memento Mori II, Alien Vendetta, Requiem, STRAIN, Icarus, Vengeance (for Ultimate Doom)...that's enough to keep you satisfied for quite a while...

i tried strain , it was pretty good, pretty good monsters alot of music to set the mood for the levels

hypr said:

whats ruinbros about ?

ancient temple style partial conversion.. 7 levels. It really kicks ass.

hmm im going to dload it when i can, it seems pretty good, tough levels probably

Nobody has mentioned "Hell Revealed" and "Hell Revealed II" yet? damn it! "Hell Unleashed" is looking nice as well.

Hell Revealed for great gameplay.Eternal Doom was hauntingly beautiful in parts.Alien Vendetta has elements of both.
Yeah Vrack2 is one of the best but has a certain type of gameplay.Phobia was supurb.
But some of the older wads still take some beating,especially in the gameplay department.UAC_dead, classic.
Here's a few I remember off the top of my head and liked a lot,T_Medevl,Squares,Switches,Archie,Satan666,Tantrum2.

hypr said:

i tried strain , it was pretty good, pretty good monsters alot of music to set the mood for the levels

Yeah, Strain had some really great music, probably the best for a TC outside of MM2.

"Look Daddy, is that a Quaker?"

"Yes my boy, that is a Quaker. They play Quake, silly aren't they?"

Seriously, Slipgate is an awesome megawad. Superb atmosphere, and it still feels very Doom'ish even though almost all the textures were ripped from Quake.

Little Faith said:

MM2 isn't a TC. Merely a megawad and one of the best of it's kind.

Christ, same fucking difference. It's annoying to have people say that EVERY TIME you call something a TC even though EVERY SNGLE ASPECT hasn't been replaced.

Seriously, Slipgate is an awesome megawad. Superb atmosphere, and it still feels very Doom'ish even though almost all the textures were ripped from Quake.

What's this Slipgate megawad all about?

mm2, bleh. mm > mm2

In terms of gameplay, yes. But I was referring to MM2's music, which is the best of any megawad out there.

That depends.

Actually MM's soundtrack was one of the few soundtracks that sounded cool with Doom's inbuilt synthesizer.

The music from map15 (Triangle of Fear) is übercool because the drums kinda melt together and sound more like tribal drums than timpani.

Pfft, MM Map 15's music was nowhere near the best of the MM music...there's maps 1, 5, 9, 10, 11, and 14 first...

Just downloaded MM and I'm at map10 and kinda dissapointed. "Alien Vendetta" and "A warm place" are the best wads I ever played.

Archvile64 said:

Pfft, MM Map 15's music was nowhere near the best of the MM music...there's maps 1, 5, 9, 10, 11, and 14 first...

What exactly is the title of MM map14's music? It's the only one not mentioned on Mark Klem's site but it sounds genuinely like him.

I've been searching for the answer in ages.

Archvile64 said:
Christ, same fucking difference. It's annoying to have people say that EVERY TIME you call something a TC even though EVERY SNGLE ASPECT hasn't been replaced.

Uh? There's a fundamental difference. A megawad is set in the Doom universe. A TC creates a completely new setting. I mean, they're so different that there's even a whole category in between, partial conversions (e.g. Brotherhood of Ruin). Personally I like megawads but avoid TCs. There's a whole world of difference.

And yes, MM rocks - not the most pretty by today's standards but some of the cleverest gameplay around.

Little Faith said:

What exactly is the title of MM map14's music? It's the only one not mentioned on Mark Klem's site but it sounds genuinely like him.

I've been searching for the answer in ages.

I don't think it was made by Klem. I've looked for it too and in the end I had to rip it from the WAD using WinTex and save it as a midi file.

cph said:

Uh? There's a fundamental difference. A megawad is set in the Doom universe. A TC creates a completely new setting. I mean, they're so different that there's even a whole category in between, partial conversions (e.g. Brotherhood of Ruin). Personally I like megawads but avoid TCs. There's a whole world of difference.

No shit, everyone knows the technical difference between a TC and a megawad, I was saying it gets annoying when you call something that is technically a megawad a TC instead and people correct you. I remember when MM first came out, it was considered a TC, so I still call things with all the levels replaced a TC.

Get ambush, rivrdead and artifact from here (and also retres.wad is needed...).

They're all part of the same huge level, and you can see certain parts of the other levels from each of them. IIRC the order above is the order they should be played.

they seem like nice levels to try i recommend mooed.wad, bnbeyond.wad and hades house of horrors (ep4a.wad)

Archvile64 said:
[...] I was saying it gets annoying when [...] people correct you.

Well if you don't like being corrected then use the right term in the first place? ;-)

almost forgot laura beyers levels are pretty good, they were good levels from way back then but i could only get the 1sst 2 or 3 levels and the last 6 were you had to pay her...