Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HXCpr0n

After fooling around with my map in Slade... I can't edit it anymore..

..But it still works, I can still play it. All I did in Slade was adjust textures and add a texture lump and a new sky.

I just can't access it in a map editor though. Here's my map. I wonder if it loads at all in DB2 or GZDB... I can open other maps but not mine.

http://speedy.sh/Vfbuw/SSTMAP18.wad

I get this error, it says some unexpected error has occurred and if I click continue, the map won't load and it asks me to save changes.

----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
SlimDX
Assembly Version: 2.0.13.43
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/SlimDX/2.0.13.43__b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9/SlimDX.dll
msvcm90
Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.4940
Win32 Version: 9.00.30729.4940
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4940_none_50916076bcb9a742/msvcm90.dll
BuilderModes
Assembly Version: 2.1.2.1553
Win32 Version: 2.1.2.1553
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Doom%20Builder%202/Plugins/BuilderModes.dll
System.Design
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

First guess: Your .dbs file might be corrupted. This is where Doom Builder stores information like which game configuration and texture wads you last loaded with your map. Check in your map folder for a filename like SSTMAP18.wad.dbs, and delete it.

esselfortium said:

First guess: Your .dbs file might be corrupted. This is where Doom Builder stores information like which game configuration and texture wads you last loaded with your map. Check in your map folder for a filename like SSTMAP18.wad.dbs, and delete it.

Yeah the wad got corrupted for some reason and I think it had to do with Slade. No biggie. I made a backup copy not too long ago. I'll just have to work from there.

That's too bad, I get a crash trying to open it in DB too.

If you overwrote the file with SLADE, it should have made a backup copy as SSTMAP18.wad.bak

BTW I noticed a high-res version of the sky you had, would you rather have a skybox with that instead? GZDoom and GL Zandronum can display true-colour images just fine, no need to make it use the Doom palette other than it can look out of place to have a high-resolution sky next to a bunch of normal Doom textures.

plums said:

That's too bad, I get a crash trying to open it in DB too.

If you overwrote the file with SLADE, it should have made a backup copy as SSTMAP18.wad.bak

BTW I noticed a high-res version of the sky you had, would you rather have a skybox with that instead? GZDoom and GL Zandronum can display true-colour images just fine, no need to make it use the Doom palette other than it can look out of place to have a high-resolution sky next to a bunch of normal Doom textures.

eh it doesn't matter now. I've already caught up to where I was. I've learned to make backup copies from another map loss I've had in the past. The most recent couple backup files doesn't work either for some reason and I have no idea why...

Actually I found another sky texture within the wad I'm mapping for that looks better with my map and it wraps nicely. I use this

http://i.imgur.com/3uKZUde.png

There are a few issues in your wad.

1. Your texture1 lump is corrupt. Only one byte.
2. You have the (optional) p_start and p_end markers, but they contain nothing. All the patches are outside.

Of those two oddities, I think the first is what trips Doom Builder.

Gez said:

There are a few issues in your wad.

1. Your texture1 lump is corrupt. Only one byte.
2. You have the (optional) p_start and p_end markers, but they contain nothing. All the patches are outside.

Of those two oddities, I think the first is what trips Doom Builder.

Is it fixable? What exactly is corrupt with texture1?

Yeah all the patches are outside of those markers. I'm not exactly sure what they do though, should I put my texture patches in between them?

It's tidier if you do, yeah.

As for TEXTURE1, in the state it's in, the only cure is to delete it. It doesn't have any data.

Gez said:

It's tidier if you do, yeah.

As for TEXTURE1, in the state it's in, the only cure is to delete it. It doesn't have any data.

Darn it. I already got rid of the wad. I've had wads break beyond repair before in XWE editor so I assumed it could be the same with that one. Oh well, I am pretty much almost where I left off anyways.

HXCpr0n said:

Darn it. I already got rid of the wad.

Download link still works for me. Deleting that broken TEXTURE1 lump fixes the problem with DB2, so all you need now is to build a new texture lump.