Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dg93

**Deathmatch Revival** FINISHED!

mrthejoshmon said:

Hey, when will you guys be on the server next?

Soon I hope, we're overdue to get an online game in honestly, but I'm starting full time work in a few days. Yay for money, boo for less dooming..

And yes, I was really pleased with all the maps in the final version Joe. Keep it up man.

Doomkid92 said:

Soon I hope, we're overdue to get an online game in honestly, but I'm starting full time work in a few days. Yay for money, boo for less dooming..

And yes, I was really pleased with all the maps in the final version Joe. Keep it up man.

Based on my schedule this week, I'm not sure if I would be around to playing Doom online. I got a big management final exam next week and I have to study my ass off for it or else I will be royally fucked.

I'm happy to hear that you got a full time job Doomkid :)
Just wondering, did you see the latest build of the DMR extras? My only concern with it is that for some reason it has a bug that prevents it from playing using ZDaemon. It works fine with Zandronum (no surprise lol). I'm no bug expert but do you know how to fix it?

@joe-ilya, your maps from DMR are really fun to play especially against human players.

----
And as i noticed this i grazed an imp with hard lead out of pure joy.
The demon could not do but throw red pixels, and i smiled.
In the end, i was standing in front of a mirror...
----

congrats on the release.
I always enjoyed watching and playing the changes on the prison map.
i do not know who took it upon himself to update all or that map, but the idea and feel always stayed perfectly within the bounds of the original. By now i would have expected it to be replaced with something else.

the last beta i tested against bots in low on internet times was the last one, and it does feel nice and fit as a deathmatch mega wad. :)

Thanks for your kind words FireFish :)
The edits were done by Joe Pallai. Your map has received quite a bit of praise from people on other forums and while playing online. DMR is currently hosted on ZDaemon so feel free to join in. Last time I played with Springy, we had over 10 people join that server!

Not that it matters, but nearly all the edits were done by me on that Prison map - it's one of my favorites in the whole pack. Joe made the BFG path look a lot better, though!

My time is going to be kinda tight as well.. I'm going to be working full time soon, but you know on my days off I'll be lingering in the IRC channels - drop me a message if you see me there because it's only been a week since my last DM and I'm already getting cravings ;)

Doomkid92 said:

Not that it matters, but nearly all the edits were done by me on that Prison map - it's one of my favorites in the whole pack. Joe made the BFG path look a lot better, though!

My time is going to be kinda tight as well.. I'm going to be working full time soon, but you know on my days off I'll be lingering in the IRC channels - drop me a message if you see me there because it's only been a week since my last DM and I'm already getting cravings ;)

Ahh I forgot that you were the first to edit FireFish's map lol Joe Pallai did make the route to the BFG look good along with making good connectivity in a sector where there used to be a slow moving lift.

In less than 12 hours, I got to take a big management exam, but I'm down for a few rounds of DMR DM at the moment :)

heh, lets just call it a map with 3 authors then. that would be way more correct considering the revisions.

im stuck on a netbook with no opengl... lucky me. bye bye zdaemon.

FireFish said:

heh, lets just call it a map with 3 authors then. that would be way more correct considering the revisions.

im stuck on a netbook with no opengl... lucky me. bye bye zdaemon.

lol sounds good to me. Let us know when you would be available to DM and if you can't use ZDaemon for whatever reason, we can probably try to host servers on either Odamex or Zandronum.

as i said, great detail has been aded, but there seems to be a giant problem... there are monsters in there for some reason...

FireFish said:

As I said, great detail has been added, but there seems to be a giant problem... there are monsters in there for some reason...

Yeah monsters in DM strike me as a personal no no... so I definitely agree with you there, though it's been done now so, tough shit.

I'll be honest, I wasn't originally keen on the idea of having monsters in DM maps. However, after playing your map online people didn't mind it too much. One person actually liked it because it added more to the gameplay, which was something I actually agreed on. There are only a few maps with monsters and they are mostly there just for decoration, as seen in MAP29. I wouldn't consider it a "giant problem" because who ever hosts a server of DMR can disable monsters.

The monsters are a problem on the Wrath server I connected to on IDE, I was utterly annihilated when I joined on my own (I did this to try and coax people into joining the server, no success).

mrthejoshmon said:

The monsters are a problem on the Wrath server I connected to on IDE, I was utterly annihilated when I joined on my own (I did this to try and coax people into joining the server, no success).

Contact [LAD]St_Anger1 on ZDaemon IRC. He is the one that is hosting the server. Tell him to disable monsters/allow callvoting for map changes under DMflags. Tell him you are part of the DMR team.