Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Bullied special ed kid records bullies, gets charged with wiretapping

Link

Are you fucking kidding me? Yes, let's charge the bullied kid and not punish the asshole bullies. Fucking American court system.

I recently heard about this story and am utterly disgusted.

A disabled student was being both verbally and physically abused in a Pennsylvania school, and both the teachers and staff chose to ignore it. The student decided to discreetly record it, and it demonstrated how the teachers completely ignored it as it was going on in the middle of class.

His mom went to the principal with the recording, who then decided to call the cops on the victim, and the whole thing went to court and the judge charged him with wiretapping. The bullies were never laid a finger on.

I encourage you to spread this to as many people as you can, and encourage them to do the same.

http://aattp.org/special-ed-student-who-recorded-bullies-tormenting-him-accused-of-felony-wiretapping/

If you feel like it, you can email the scummy principal at:
smilburn@southfayette.org

Not entirely too sure what you were expecting. The abuse is actually pretty mild (Let's pull down his pants. Let's not pull down his pants because buttsmells. Lol bookslam). That, combined with the sudden introduction of school sanctioned iPad, probably means Special Ed here was in a class full of other Special Eds.

Yeah, good luck to the teacher if he is trying to direct that particular herd of fucking monkeys. I imagine he has nothing on his mind other than a refreshing cup of strychnine at the end of the day.

Nothing the bullies did would have resulted in anything other than a chewing out. The effectiveness of which is nil. Whereas recording in school is obviously a lol-pedophile situation; introduce a legal precedent where it's ok in *some* circumstances and that's a loophole that will be exploited to the nth degree.

Sucks, but I see the logic.

Ironically, when I was in school, whenever I had issues with bullying, my teachers would make it very clear they wouldn't act without evidence (and of course they never paid attention when the actual bullying happened). I mean, I know I've been on the other side of the fence, I know how hard it can be to deal with false accusations and whatnot. Yeah, I get recording other students can be problematic, but what the heck are you supposed to do? "Beat it kid, we don't care if you're being bullied, you have no proof," then, "What the fuck are you doing, kid, you're not allowed to obtain evidence."

darknation said:

Nothing the bullies did would have resulted in anything other than a chewing out. The effectiveness of which is nil.

I don't see why suspension or separation couldn't be an option. Allegedly, the school dumps the special-ed kids and the bad behavior kids into the same class.

I can understand the teacher not wanting to deal with it, as it would become very tiresome over time, but it's their job to teach the class and maintain order. If they don't like it, perhaps they should transfer to another class or school, or choose another profession entirely.

darknation said:

introduce a legal precedent where it's ok in *some* circumstances and that's a loophole that will be exploited to the nth degree.

True, that is definitely something to avoid. Still, had the staff taken any action at all, the kid wouldn't have felt the need to do this.

Sodaholic said:

I don't see why suspension or separation couldn't be an option. Allegedly, the school dumps the special-ed kids and the bad behavior kids into the same class.

there are no kids with bad behaviour in america, only lots of fucking syndromes. Hence the shitfeast of Special Ed.

I predict a lot of bawwing about how shitty everyone's school years were. News: School is shit, always has been shit, and will forever be shit. But school isn't just about academic learning, it's also about learning how to interact with your fellow human beings in a such way that they don't feel compelled to beat the ever-loving cunt out of you.

This is an important life skill.

darknation said:

But school isn't just about academic learning, it's also about learning how to interact with your fellow human beings in a such way that they don't feel compelled to beat the ever-loving cunt out of you.
This is an important life skill.

The problem is that lesson is completely at odds with what the school wants you to do. The way not to get your ass beaten at school is to stand up to bullies. The school wants you to sit there quietly and not do anything. Everyone knows that the quickest way to an ass-kicking is being quiet and not bothering anyone - it lets kids know you won't stand up for yourself or fight back.

That, to me, is a serious problem. You teach bullies that the proper form of interaction is to dominate over everyone else, and you teach everyone else that if you stand up to bullies, the system will come after you, not the bully. My sister got suspended once in middle school because another girl tried to beat the crap out of her for no reason and she tried to fight back. I never personally got into a fight with a bully, but I've certainly gotten in trouble for trying to report their bullying - "Oh, clearly you were doing something to them for them to want to pick on you... Oh, he tripped you? Well that means you were running in the hallway, otherwise you wouldn't have fallen."

Sorry to rant, it's just that I really disagree with the "Let things sort themselves out," approach, because the system is stacked against anyone who actually follows the alleged rules of the system. You can sit there and pat yourself on the back and say that bullies only target kids who are acting like little shits and deserve it anyway, but we all know that's a load of bullshit.

Mr. Chris said:

Link

Are you fucking kidding me? Yes, let's charge the bullied kid and not punish the asshole bullies. Fucking American court system.

Eh there are proper ways to go about things. Personally, I believe in murder. The kid should have murdered the bully.

geekmarine said:

That, to me, is a serious problem. You teach bullies that the proper form of interaction is to dominate over everyone else,

That is school. That has always been school. Nothing has changed other than, not so long ago, it was the teachers beating the crap out of you as well. Learn to defend yourself, either physically, mentally or verbally, or you'll spend the rest of your days drowning in a sea of shit.

Fair? No, but neither is life. Life is a fucking rapist. I personally think it helps to get some practice in, to be prepared for the monumental ass-fucking that awaits you just outside the school gates.

dn should stick to issues that require his insight, such as "What is the ideal consistency of asshair shit?", and "When you want to impress on a date, what wine goes well with your dickcheese?"

darknation said:

That is school. That has always been school. Nothing has changed other than, not so long ago, it was the teachers beating the crap out of you as well. Learn to defend yourself, either physically, mentally or verbally, or you'll spend the rest of your days drowning in a sea of shit.

Fair? No, but neither is life. Life is a fucking rapist. I personally think it helps to get some practice in, to be prepared for the monumental ass-fucking that awaits you just outside the school gates.

My point was, you defend yourself, you're punished by the staff. And honestly, sorry to say, getting the crap kicked out of you is better for your prospects in the long run than getting suspended or even expelled for the simple crime of fighting back.

EDIT: Then again, even if you do nothing, you still run the risk of getting that "Oh, there are always two sides to every conflict, they wouldn't have done anything to you if you hadn't been bothering them somehow," crap teachers love so much. Like I said, once had to sit out recess writing sentences apologizing for being tripped in the hallway. Still don't understand the logic to that - and who in the holy fuck thinks you have to be running to be tripped and fall down? If you're not expecting it, it's really easy to be tripped.

AndrewB said:

dn should stick to issues that require his insight, such as "What is the ideal consistency of asshair shit?", and "When you want to impress on a date, what wine goes well with your dickcheese?"

you are absolutely correct sir. I defer to your greater experience re; the causes and effects of social retardation.

Was the student also mentally disabled or just physically because I cant open the news link. If yes, dont you have schools there where you put all mental handicaps?

Here's my email, was fun: My principle was about as fucking stupid as you, except my principle liked to attempt shoving kids' heads into walls. It's very clear that poor boy was trying to defend himself--what the fuck were you thinking? Are you a republican or democrat? I bet you're a dumb fuck that still believes in the system, eh? Wiretapping, really? The only person that belongs in a Learning Disability class is you, and probably you're kids--if, of course, you're not fat, bald and have a tongue covered in shit that lucked out and had a few kids with a whore. But that's a long gamble. You're dumbass better hope you didn't create the next shooter because I bet he'll be coming for you first, you deserve it. Congratulations.

The only thing that works here is to show the bullies that you can be just as dangerous and fucked up as they are -at least you get to bust a few noses and cause them some pain, besides getting your own busted -which you would, anyway.

In such cases, EVERYONE is summoned to the principal's office, and when there's violence involved, usually everybody gets punished equally, as principals aren't exactly courts of law and it's not their job to hear both sides. In other words, taking them down with you is the only way. Unilateral complaints at best results in a "You're right, but I can't do anything, son" sort of reply. At worst, you're simply considered a wimpy snitch and don't exactly get the sympathy you thought you deserved (as was obviously the case here).

Speaking from experience, here. Usually a surprise punch in the nose, a vicious bite, a stabbing with a pen, a choke-hold or a beating with a stick work much better than going to to principal's. The tricky part is not causing permanent damage -just enough to get the message across. Also, the retaliation must be public, and bad enough to cause people and teachers to intervene -then you'll have a lot of witnesses. As I said, "who started it" doesn't really matter in those cases.

Well that's a terrible misfortune.

The way schools handle these cases is just awful. Just shows children that even the adult justice system is that unfair.

NASA better find me a new planet to live on real fucking quick.

Maes said:

The only thing that works here is to show the bullies that you can be just as dangerous and fucked up as they are -at least you get to bust a few noses and cause them some pain, besides getting your own busted -which you would, anyway.

In such cases, EVERYONE is summoned to the principal's office, and when there's violence involved, usually everybody gets punished equally, as principals aren't exactly courts of law and it's not their job to hear both sides. In other words, taking them down with you is the only way. Unilateral complaints at best results in a "You're right, but I can't do anything, son" sort of reply. At worst, you're simply considered a wimpy snitch and don't exactly get the sympathy you thought you deserved (as was obviously the case here).

Speaking from experience, here. Usually a surprise punch in the nose, a vicious bite, a stabbing with a pen, a choke-hold or a beating with a stick work much better than going to to principal's. The tricky part is not causing permanent damage -just enough to get the message across. Also, the retaliation must be public, and bad enough to cause people and teachers to intervene -then you'll have a lot of witnesses. As I said, "who started it" doesn't really matter in those cases.

It's got to be a good retaliation though (preferably where you come off better), otherwise other people might chance it too. My own experience was that I never did enough damage to properly dissuade bullies and would usually end up in isolation or whatever myself whilst those picking on me would often not be punished unless it was obviously a fight rather than me flying off the handle. That's the problem with having a short temper and being a skinny child with a loud voice - you're an easy target to wind up and draw all kinds of attention when you do blow your top.

Good thing I grew out of all that around about the same time I got big enough to really hurt people, as that could've landed me in prison, or so I was told at the time.

A powerful lesson for the special ed kid. Next time, take matters into your own hands I guess. Way to go justice system...

On a side note, I don't understand why kids want to shoot up schools just because they were picked on. Wouldn't it be much better to target the bullies specifically, in a more reasonable way? For example, some jock picks on you everyday, and you absolutely feel the need to redeem yourself. Why not just slash his tires, and when he's standing around trying to assess the situation, you jump out and smash his knee caps with a crowbar. Say goodbye to that football scholarship. I think other teenagers would find that story to be a lot more bad ass, than some crybaby pussy that shot up his school.

Kontra Kommando said:

A powerful lesson for the special ed kid. Next time, take matters into your own hands I guess. Way to go justice system...

On a side note, I don't understand why kids want to shoot up schools just because they were picked on. Wouldn't it be much better to target the bullies specifically, in a more reasonable way? For example, some jock picks on you everyday, and you absolutely feel the need to redeem yourself. Why not just slash his tires, and when he's standing around trying to assess the situation, you jump out and smash his knee caps with a crowbar. Say goodbye to that football scholarship. I think other teenagers would find that story to be a lot more bad ass, than some crybaby pussy that shot up his school.

You do realize that those kids tend to be mentally unbalanced in the first place, right? Either because of something at home, or maybe just bad genetics, regardless of whether or not it's rational for them to be upset and want to lash out, their thinking isn't rational, therefore the solution they come up with isn't, either.

I mean, just as an example, let's take schizophrenia. Okay, you have the whole "voices told me to do things," business, but schizophrenia is about more than just hearing the voices. Let's say you could cause a normal, sane person to hear voices in their head, even voices telling them to kill or something. Maybe you have some special speaker that makes it sound like sounds are coming from within someone's own head. Point is, even if a normal, sane person heard voices telling them to kill, they'd be rational enough to understand that those voices are probably a sign of mental illness or something and that they should be ignored. A person with schizophrenia, however, doesn't just hear the voices, but the part of their brain that allows them to have a rational response doesn't work properly - thus, there's a chance they may think listening to the voices in their head is a fantastic idea.

Another factor to consider is that those kids who eventually snap often feel like, as we've discussed, that the whole system is against them. That it's not just the bullies, it's everyone else who lets it happen, it's the other students who don't give enough of a shit to stop the bullies, it's the teachers who turn a blind eye unless the student tries to stand up for himself, that basically, it seems like the whole of society actively condones what the bullies are doing. When your fellow classmates won't defend you, when teachers tell you you're wrong to fight back, when parents say you probably deserve to have the shit kicked out of you, it's easy to see everyone as being equally guilty.

And don't misunderstand, I'm not in any way trying to justify school shootings or anything like that, it's just I can see where our culture that says bullies are fine could cause a kid already on the edge to just completely lose it. I mean, I still remember, shortly after some school shooting, I think it was Columbine but it might have been another one around the same time, and there were all these parents outraged over talks of cracking down on bullying. Just friggin' blew my mind that adults were sitting there not only saying that bullying was okay, but in fact that they saw it as a good thing.

Teachers aren't paid to handle bully situations. Good teachers don't care about that though. They seem to be in short order, however.

Clonehunter said:

Teachers aren't paid to handle bully situations. Good teachers don't care about that though. They seem to be in short order, however.

Yeah I feel bad for teachers, especially what I put them through. Teachers should always just send a kid to the principal, let it be their problem. Or heck why not have a specific job that only deals with problem students.

When I was growing up the male teachers wouldn't take shit. They'd just beat up the bullies. I remember my 6th grade teacher throwing a kid into the chalkboard to stop him from making fun of someone. Another teacher in 8th grade would overturn desks on kids for being rowdy. He was 88 and still kicking ass. He retired after my year. He retired 3x, but the school kept calling him back, because they couldn't get a replacement.

Let's not forget my original 5th grade teacher that kept a gun in her desk. Yep a fucking gun. Never brought it out. Uh we kids we go digging. It was in a metal box in the back of the main drawer.