Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

sound cards

hey can anyone tell me if this is out there. i need a program that will tell me what sound card i have as well as its chipset and maker. even if it just tells me my chipset i will be happy. i have had a few for vid cards and now i need one for a sound card. also it has to work with win98 or XP

well i know i could look inside, but it is a laptop and those things are a bitch to open. second i already tried the control panel but it is all a bunch of basic drivers, doesnt help me much. i am putting win98 on it cause the winXP is from a restore disk from compaq. and because of there BS settings it runs slow as a turn stuck in a toilet. so i need a program to scan the laptop and tell me its hardware, mostly sound card. any REAL help would be helpful

Do a google search for the laptop model and see if you can find the technical details. There are bound to be sites out there that tell you.

yea am doing that now, however the presario 700 ranges in hardware greatly and i have yet to find a site deling with newer models. i have a compaq persario 700, with 1.2 GHZ AMD athlon 4, S3 vid card with 16 MB vRAM, 256MB RAM and a 20GB HD plus cdr/rw/DVD drive. really the program is all i ask, but if u own that model or know its hardware tell me about the sound card

A good thing to do is check for linux sites about the machines in question, as they often have technical details about them. Theres a site here about the presario 715 (not 700, but close) which says it has a Via 133. this site about the Presario 700EA says it has a "Apollo Super AC97/Audio" card. I dont know if this is any help.

yea from what i know compaq is extreamly gay with this. anyway i got the driver on but still no damn sound, every one is haveing this problem. it has to be the speakers and their volume settings. the speaker volume is controled on the keyboard so i need drivers for that to work.
PS i did have LINUX on it but i decided to go with win98 until a decent LINUX patch is out for the sound card

yea from what i know compaq is extreamly gay with this

Corrected Quote
yeah, from what I know, compaq is EXTREMELY gay and shitty with everything!

.......... as you can tell, I don't like store bought comps, or most major computer hardware companies..... their little slapped together in .005 second computer systems are usually fucked up to all hell.

P.S. damn I'm stoned!
:P