Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2013 - 54 maps - /idgames link

Final version has been uploaded!

◘ FINAL VERSION v1: DMP2013vF1.zip (54 maps in 3 wads)

==VANILLA AND LIMIT-REMOVING==

MAP# AUTHOR		 TITLE				  	COMPAT   	 SUBMIT#
1    Xaser	 	 Stove Pipe 				(limit-removing) 1
2    C30N9	 	 Brick Break 				(vanilla)	 2
3    Hurricyclone	 6 Sector Tea Jug			(limit-removing) 3
4    Retog	 	 Yergon 				(vanilla)	 6
5    Fernito	 	 Ferno 					(vanilla)	 7
6    Matt534Dog	 	 The Last Stand 			(vanilla)	 14
7    Marnetmar	 	 Pazuzu's Revenge 			(limit-removing) 17
8    minigunner	 	 Raiders of the Lost Shark 		(limit-removing) 20
9    sgt dopey	 	 Technecrosis 				(vanilla)	 21
10   Alfonzo	 	 Postmodern Hydraulics 			(vanilla)	 22
11   an_mutt	 	 Gothicy Beetle 			(vanilla)	 23
12   dobu gabu maru	 The Manifold Fever 			(limit-removing) 28
13   Marcaek	 	 Bentryway 				(vanilla)	 29
14   SFoZ911	 	 Fire Fighter 				(limit-removing) 30
15   schwerpunk	 	 TDSW 					(vanilla)	 35
16   JudgeDeadd	 	 Hatchet Job 				(vanilla)	 36
17   Obsidian	 	 None So Vile 				(vanilla)	 40
18   Z86	 	 Infernal Alignment 			(limit-removing) 41
19   SteveD	 	 Don't Touch That Dial! 		(limit-removing) 42
20   Megalyth	 	 Have a Soup and a Sandwich		(vanilla)	 52
21   Chaingunner	 CHACSTL				(vanilla)	 53

==BOOM==

1    cannonball	 	 Death Metal 				(boom)	 	 9
2    Katamori	 	 1024x32x10x10x3x2x1Monster 		(boom)	 	 10
3    Pcorf	 	 Visation 				(boom)	 	 11
4    Fellowzdoomer	 Hell's End 				(boom)	 	 24
5    TheMionicDonut	 LETS ROCK! 				(boom)	 	 37
6    joe-ilya	 	 Steak streak 				(boom)	 	 38
7    Demonologist	 Ex Tenebris 				(boom)	 	 39
8    Exl & DooMAD	 Waystation M-00			(boom)	 	 43
9    CorSair	 	 Merry-Go-Kill				(boom)	 	 44
10   Memfis	 	 Back in Town				(boom)	 	 48
11   Ribbiks	 	 dwmp13_rbk				(boom)	 	 49
12   BloodyAcid	 	 Tuskmunday				(boom)	 	 51
13   scifista42	 	 The Space Base 2			(boom)	 	 54

==ZDOOM AND UDMF==

1    Du Mhan Yhu	 3 Ways From Hell			(zdoom)  	 4
2    Ed		    	 Twilight of the Gods 		  	(zdoom)  	 5
3    EndGameGamingMain   Millitary Enterance 		  	(zdoom)  	 8
4    The_Trigger	 Water control 			  	(udmf)   	 12
5    Baratus		 Go To Hell 				(zdoom)  	 13
6    Netherstorm	 Incarnate 				(zdoom)  	 15
7    Tarnsman	    	 The Adventures of Pope Steve 	  	(zdoom)  	 16
8    ClonedPickle	 Dripping Oven Oil From Your Third Arm  (zdoom)  	 18
9    Kate Stone	    	 Language Barrier 			(zdoom)  	 19
10   Scypek2		 Ode to everything 			(zdoom)  	 25
11   walter confalonieri ffffabolous secret level 		(udmf)   	 26
12   Ijon Tichy		 Futility 				(zdoom)  	 27
13   Phendrena		 East of Eden 			  	(zdoom)  	 31
14   Eradrop		 End Of Days 			  	(zdoom)  	 32
15   ShadesMaster	 NUKAGE PROCESSING 			(udmf)   	 33
16   obake		 UAC: Unsettling Athletic Corporation  	(zdoom)  	 34
17   jazzmaster9	 A Room with A View			(zdoom)  	 45
18   mrthejoshmon	 SUBBSE				  	(udmf)   	 46
19   BaronOfStuff	 Trial And Error			(udmf)   	 47
20   TimeOfDeath	 Law & Order: Special Doomguy Unit	(zdoom)  	 50

Finally, now I can begin livestreaming this immediately.....as soon as my weekend of work is over! Thanks for giving me something to look forward towards on Monday.

Suitepee said:

http://www.twitch.tv/johnsuitepee

Just letting you know I'm doing part 1 of this project right now on my twitch channel, starting with covering the vanilla/limit-removing wad chunk.

That was fun. Gothicy Beetle stood out the most from what has been seen so far.

I can't wait to see what you think of my map!

http://www.twitch.tv/johnsuitepee/c/4078764 = part 1 of my Doomworld Mega Project 2013 coverage. (covers maps 01-11 of the vanilla/limit-removing mapset)

This is certainly going to be a mixed bag of treats and tricks.

Right from the off, Xaser's opening map sets the tone to expect wackiness and occasional deviousness, with Stove Pipe being a 'troll' map of utter FUCK YOU!
C30N9's map was chaingunner-annoying and otherwise bland, whilst Hurricyclone's apparent obsession for underwater maps was revealed to me, although I did like the Pinky bumrush.
Retog and Fernito had some solid but short maps, and Matt534Dog's map was nicely paced with some decent music to match (apart from that odd 'drumming' bit).
Marnetmar's map was weird, just plain weird. Liked the crusher. Minigunner's map is the first time I've seen a 'run quickly to beat the level' map done CORRECTLY. Up yours Scythe MAP28 and 1Monster's MAP24, this is how it is done!
Sgt dopey's map was good but quite the stroll, while Alfonzo's short but interesting laid out 'hell' trap map was well executed. Loved the map description that an_mutt kindly read out to me before the level started.
An_mutt's MAP11 was the best of this part of my playthrough, despite having a few too many Revenants for my liking. A fast-paced slaughtermap of sorts that actually had me playing aggressively fast for once!

I look forward to what is to come, which will probably be pain since I resume on dobu's map12 with 400+ monsters....and judging by his NOVA map I'm expecting nothing but a difficult slaughtermap from him!

Map14 of zdoom wad seems to be broken and unplayable. It'd take too long to describe, just play it and see it yourself. Besides, there are difficulty issues, UV in original standalone map is different.

@Suitepee Bahaha, my map's only got 11 monsters and it'll still rip ya to pieces. MAP17 awaits you...

Demonologist said:

Map14 of zdoom wad seems to be broken and unplayable. It'd take too long to describe, just play it and see it yourself. Besides, there are difficulty issues, UV in original standalone map is different.

You're right, Eradrop has sent me an updated version with fixed scripts. Scypek also sent an updated map, so I'll add them and upload to /idgames soon.

http://www.twitch.tv/johnsuitepee/c/4096530 = part 2 of my playthrough. (Maps 12-21 covered, finishing out the Vanilla / Limit-Removing mapset)

Overall, the first batch of maps for this project have been a bit of everything, although remaining mostly on the positive side of things despite a few stinkers along the way.

Dobu gabu maru once again steals the show for being my favourite map in a mapset, with another interesting idea on his 'dash for the portals' The Manifold Fever. Dobu is fast becoming one of my favourite mappers in the Doom community!
Marcaek started off with a promising map, but then dives straight into shittiness with that drop into a E1M8-esque pit of bullshit luck needed to get past that obstacle! Which I didn't get, so I opted to IDDQD that bullshit. Terrible terrible terrible, you should be ashamed of that Marcaek.
SFoZ911 and schwerpunk had decent maps to show, although I got briefly confused on SFoZ911's map.
JudgeDeadd's map was short and sweet, nice creativity there.
Obsidian might as well have just been borrowing HEAVILY from 1Monster.wad with his Archvile only map, which was indeed Vile but perhaps not awkwardly so. Interesting use of the BFG's as secrets to ease the pain of dealing with 11 Archviles, and I particularly liked the "vines".
Z86's tribute to Episode 3 of Ultimate Doom was great, although a better music choice would have been a good idea. Perhaps something lengthier considering it wasn't exactly a short level, and NEARLY bordered on being a horrible slogfest. The Unholy Cathedral trap was horrible and reminded me of Knee Deep In ZDoom's take on that. Second best map of the set for me.
SteveD sadly didn't make it in time to hear my full rebuke on his map, but it was intense and mostly good stuff. Maybe a few too many Revenants near the yellow key bit though.
Megalyth provides a jokemap with an actual ending. Good job.
And Chaingunner wraps up the set with an alright map and a nice change of custom textures. I would have perhaps placed dobu or Z86's map last on this list though.

Next up: Boom. And the apparent hell I've been warned about that is Demonologist's map....

he he, I can't wait to see you try Demonologist's map...

I am also expecting you to dislike SUBBSE, but we will find out when we get there (And no it does not have hundreds of Revenants)

Fun fact: I didn't have 1Monster that much in mind when I made None So Vile. I just really, really like Archviles.

>:-D

http://www.twitch.tv/johnsuitepee/c/4102543 = part 3 of my playthrough. (covering maps 01-07 of the 'Boom' mapset)

The mixed bag feel of the project continues, but now slanting more towards the difficult side of things in this mapset....

Cannonball's opener initially seemed grossly unfair (but I wasn't expecting an easy ride from him!), but the strategy of clobbering Imps and not rushing around eventually paid off to a very nice slaughtermap. I somehow managed to bug out the final bit where the central "platform" didn't raise up fully to match the rest of the arena, but that was most likely because I'm running Boom compatible maps on GZDoom.
Katamori's map was short and brief, and not challenging at all. Nice transparent windows though.
Pcorf's map started somewhat tricky, but became a stroll of some nice visual attention to detail.
Fellowzdoomer.....Icon of Sin sillymap, nuff said! Figured it out eventually.
TheMionicDonut had an interesting opening, ruined by the Archvile that appeared to block the way pre-weapon acquisition. An awkward feel this map had for me, but I can appreciate the idea behind it. Another fake exit though, alas. Sigh.
Joe-ilya's map was a hyperactive clusterfuck of awkward pain sectors and myself being unable to find how to get the red skull down (again might have been a compatiablity bug due to using GZDoom, but not sure here!). I'm growing to dislike joe-ilya's mapping style, between this and his NOVA contributions.

And so, Demonologist's map. The various warnings I've had about this one were 100% completely with merit, this is an utter utter bastard of a slaughtermap that I honestly thought was unbeatable to the same extent of an asshole Chillax map.
I somehow got lucky on the opening trap as my worst nightmare (that reminded me of dobu's Sweet Dreams, Suitepee) unfolded with many Revenants appearing, and then proceeded onwards. I did alright with the chaingunner stairs, but then the bridge ambush. I entirely disapprove of the 4 Archviles being instantly up there without any real cover or immediate infighting distraction, and I somehow again got lucky to clear it in the end. I found a nice spot to hide by the stairs in the final drop and mouselooked a couple of enemies before clearing the room. Final rush of Archviles was also not appreciated. A secret BFG would have been nice perhaps.
I generally liked the design and monster placement of Ex Tenebris, but what I perceived to be the huge LUCK factor in getting past the opening ambush and the bridge ambush leads me to somewhat dislike this awkward bugger of a map with one hand and praise its tough challenge with the other. The sense of accomplishment beating that opening trap was quite satisfying. I can however say it's the single hardest map I've ever beaten legitimately, and I doubt I will find another one this difficult until I get around to playing something like Sunder or Deus Vult.
I'm sure Demonologist will enjoy my struggles with his map, which I very nearly skipped!

Next time: the rest of Boom.

Wow, congrats on getting through that map at all. I'll have to watch the non-live stream. Are you doing these on a schedule or is it just whenever time allows? What's the best way to find out when your next cast will be?

BTW now that you mention it, I also had that problem on Cannonball's map using ZDoom.

plums said:

Wow, congrats on getting through that map at all. I'll have to watch the non-live stream. Are you doing these on a schedule or is it just whenever time allows? What's the best way to find out when your next cast will be?

I have no schedule for my Doom livestreams.
It's kind of whenever I'm not livestreaming on Dopelives (where I have mainly streamed for nearly 5 years now) and/or I don't have stuff to be doing that isn't video games in "real life". And mainly in the evening time in GMT country.
I do announce all my Doom livestreams on my twitter and Youtube (via a quick promo video just before I go live) when I do them though, as well as most recently in the 'Doom streams' thread on Doomworld!

If I had more free time I'd try to arrange some kind of loose schedule though, but not getting paid to play video games means I just do this whenever I feel like it without any strict timing. (which is a lot to be fair, I pursue this video game playing hobby a fair bit!)

Anyways, thanks for the congrats on beating Demonologist's map!

OK thanks, I'll keep an eye on your twitter. Next block of maps is really good IMO, and I'd like to see how you handle MAP01 of the ZDoom maps too - it's quite a hard level, though of a different sort of difficulty than Demonologist's.

Bloody Hell, I missed it! I wanted to be there when it happened, when Suitepee met Demonologist. Congrats on beating the map, John! I will watch your stream as soon as I can.

Of course, I also missed most of your play of my map, and I do regret missing the opportunity to razz you as death after death piled up! Yes, I was there with my popcorn watching the stream after the fact. IIRC, that was 11 Suitepee pelts! When I can fade a quality player even once I'm happy, so you can imagine how overjoyed I was. Props to you on finding the BFG. I'm pretty sure you're the only one who did, unless DoTW found it also. You also are the only one I've seen climb the blood waterfall and fight the Cyb from there, so your bloodhound nose for exploration is fully functional.

All that said, I look forward to tons of fun watching you die in cannonball's and Demonologist's maps, and later when Realm of Intensified Chaos is ready. ;)

Suitepee said:

Cannonball's opener initially seemed grossly unfair (but I wasn't expecting an easy ride from him!), but the strategy of clobbering Imps and not rushing around eventually paid off to a very nice slaughtermap. I somehow managed to bug out the final bit where the central "platform" didn't raise up fully to match the rest of the arena, but that was most likely because I'm running Boom compatible maps on GZDoom.

John, this is a good example of why every Doomer should have at least 3 source ports in their arsenal. The 2 biggies are G/ZDoom and PRBoom. You use G/ZDoom, but PRBoom allows you to play Boom maps properly, and it's also necessary for playback of demo and FDA (First Demo Attempt) recordings. This allows you to watch some of the top players in action on maps like Death Metal, for example, or Ribbiks beating Demonologist's map on the first try and making it look easy. A couple things you won't like about Boom is that it doesn't have freelook or jumping.

The third port a person needs to have depends on their playstyle. My choice is Risen3D, which is Boom compatible but allows freelook and jumping. I'll try it with Death Metal to make certain it works. Risen3D, unlike PRBoom, also displays the bridge in Map01 of BTSX correctly. Unlike G/ZDoom and PRBoom, however, it is more like vanilla and does not show the monster and secret count of maps in-game. If it does, I'm sure someone will let me know. Lastly, it plays smooth as silk with its uncapped frame rate and, IMO, has the best display of all the GL ports.

One disadvantage of G/ZDoom is that it often fails to properly loop Amiga MOD files. This will be a problem if you use GZDoom to play my Amiga Demo Party maps. You should have one of the other ports by then. ;)

I watched your stream of Death Metal. Corker of a map, and great-looking, too, as cannonball's maps usually are. You played it well, John, and as hoped, there was plenty of classic Suitepee bitching throughout. :) Can't wait for the Demonologist playthrough.

SteveD said:

A couple things you won't like about Boom is that it doesn't have freelook or jumping.

You can actually jump in PrBoom+ in the latest version, if you enable it (options -> general -> compatibility with common mapping errors (press right six times); then enable a jump key in the key setup). Jumping doesn't work when recording demos, to maintain compatibility.

You also have a somewhat unusual mouselook that doesn't affect your aim at all, I think pressing \ enables it.

Also SteveD, I had no problems with ADP music looping in GZDoom using the foo_dumb module replayer.

@ Suitepee: Huge thanks for your vid (that was funny as hell indeed) and elaborate feedback. Don't think that I'm just a ruthless sadist and nothing more though, I can still be simpathetic, and I have to say that your endurance is astonishing. Noticeable frustration ward, too.
I think you agree with me that luck is always present and it can easily become a mean bitch, especially in maps like that, but you're actually exaggerating its role here. Yes, it does affect things, but it's not the defining factor once you know clearly what to do. On the other hand, to know clearly what to do means the prior knowledge of the map and of all its nasty surprises. This is the fact I admit, this map can only be played comfortably (more or less) with prior knowledge and right approach. Not very pleasant thing for a blind playthrough, but I never said it's gonna be easy. Still, you were able to crack it, even though sometimes acted in mysterious ways...
Well, in case you wonder - here's the maxdemo by Ribbiks that shows both reliable strategies for problematic places (i.e. the beginning and the bridge) and also some interesting ways to handle other encounters. By the way - beating the bridge with that cyber dead is also possible, I checked it several times while playtesting, but of course you're not allowed to spend health spheres so easily in that case. It's not obvious in any way, so sorry for that. Well, at least now you know, heh.
Once again - thank you, it was interesting to watch and listen. Congratulations on breaking through, and good luck on your journey deeper into dwmp13, there are still some tough nuts to crack.

P.S. That "to beat this map you have to be the fucking... TimeOfDeath!" made my evening and saw me laughing like fuck, brilliant.

SteveD said:

Ribbiks beating Demonologist's map on the first try and making it look easy

Nope, he actually didn't. But he recorded a demo for it afterwards. I'd be very curious to see a person able to beat this map on his (her?) first attempt... If such a person exists at all.

Guys, I encountered scripting bugs in MAP14 from DMP2013-ZvF1.wad, named "End Of Days". When I press switch (linedef 12217) to open door (sector 1181), nothing happens. Likewise, monster floor traps (sector 219 etc.) in front of the door never come up - I repeatedly fell in and was eaten by pinkies. This happens with both Zdoom 2.7.1 and Gzdoom. It doesn't matter if I go from pistol start, load a game, or come from previous map, the scripts are always broken.

plums said:

You can actually jump in PrBoom+ in the latest version, if you enable it (options -> general -> compatibility with common mapping errors (press right six times); then enable a jump key in the key setup). Jumping doesn't work when recording demos, to maintain compatibility.

You also have a somewhat unusual mouselook that doesn't affect your aim at all, I think pressing \ enables it.

Also SteveD, I had no problems with ADP music looping in GZDoom using the foo_dumb module replayer.

Thanks for the info. I really should investigate those menus more often. ;D

Kinda funny that PRBoom has what I guess you'd call a "psychological mouselook." ;) More and more reasons for Suitepee to add it to his Doom arsenal.

The music in the first Amiga Demo Party map does loop properly on GZDoom. It's completely unpredictable which tunes will and won't loop correctly. Realm of Intensified Chaos uses both Amiga and PC MODs, and among the Amiga MODs, the ones from the game Breathless loop even better than they do in MODPlug Player, but the demo-derived songs in Map01 and Map04 keep repeating the ends of the songs. I can PM you the link if you want to check them out, and if they loop correctly for you, I'll want to copy your exact settings. I've tried every single player and fiddled with the settings in GZDoom and nothing has worked.

PC MODs can have a different problem, because some of them won't play at all. One of these days, I'll try to figure out if certain trackers are more likely to produce duds.

BTW, the other problem I thought I had with MODs leading to choppy play in GZDoom/PRBoom has also occurred in maps with MIDIs, so it seems to be a performance issue with my PC and maybe all the other apps I run while playing Doom. But again, this does not happen with The Almighty Risen3D. ;)

Demonologist said:

Nope, he actually didn't. But he recorded a demo for it afterwards. I'd be very curious to see a person able to beat this map on his (her?) first attempt... If such a person exists at all.

I stand corrected. It was a really impressive piece of work by Ribbiks just the same, and IIRC by Veinen, to get as far as he did.

Now that Suitepee has played it, it looks like I'll have to eat my Wheaties and maybe drink a lot of alcohol to get my Doom courage up and play it myself. And cannonball's map, too. Oh, God! ;D

Thanks for the source port hints SteveD!

And I'm glad you enjoyed my playthrough of your map Demonologist; I was suggested to 'skip' the map on both the opening ambush and the bridge ambush by several people in the stream chat, but I sort of felt there was a legitimate tactic to beating both areas, and was glad to have been proven right. My persistence is quite bizarre at times.

I will try to crack on with part 4 of the project this Thursday/Friday. I've been suggested via a dobu PM that Ribbiks makes a lot of slaughtermaps, so I might be in for another rough ride with his DMP2013 entry....

@ SteveD: Now it's just a routine task of trying to replicate actions you saw, right? I believe in you, you can do it!

@ Suitepee: Ribbiks' map is challenging, but also very short. But of course, all the maps from now on will feel like a breeze after mine. Forgive me. Please.

...Okay, let's get this over with. Better late than never.

3 Ways From Hell
Well, that's impressive. Really large, elaborate and great-looking, also challenging. However, challenge often comes from ammo shortage that forces you to rely heavily on infighting (or just run away), and some moments felt really harsh (like the one with vast open area with fuckton of nobles and archviles hidden among them on one end and cyber on the other). So in the end - not very pleasant to play, but still outstanding, I admit it.

Twilight of the Gods
This one provokes mixed feelings. Visuals are nice enough for such a strange combination of both busy and minimalistic vistas, but the gameplay is messy, and not in a good way. Progression is also somewhat obscure, I have no idea what's the right order of things, even though I've beaten it. This music is pretty annoying, too.

Millitary Enterance
Meh.

Water control
Not bad, pretty simplistic and has low detail, but still somewhat charming. More or less good usage of scripts to spice things up. Worth a look.

Go To Hell
Meh...

Incarnate
Pretty average map, much like beginner's work, but still considerably better than these two 'mehs' above.

The Adventures of Pope Steve
Borderline jokemap, still beatable though, even remotely fair. Probably. And curse you for putting that music in, it entwines the brain with ease!

Dripping Oven Oil From Your Third Arm
Same as above. Has its fair share of annoying moments and open mockery, but thankfully is short enough.

Language Barrier
A trial-and-error puzzlemap of sorts. Not a fan, though it's somewhat creative.

Ode to everything
Didn't do it for me.

ffffabolous secret level
Ahh, my ears... Ohh, my eyes... WHY?

Futility
I'm not the right person to fully appreciate maps like this one. Thanks for the opportunity to leave it at any time, much appreciated.

East of Eden
This was pretty good actually. Noticed some lighting-related issues in the final areas, defeat the cyberdemon, climb the waterfall again and you'll see... iirc.

End Of Days
Played the separate version with all the scripts working. Actually it's pretty cool map, nice-looking and with some good fighting. One of the better maps in zdoom set, definitely worth giving it a shot.

NUKAGE PROCESSING
Uhh, no. Very cramped and busy-looking, feels like something from a beginner showing his 'madskillz' in gzdoom-based editing.

UAC: Unsettling Athletic Corporation
This one is... strange. I can't find the word that would suit it better. Pretty disturbing.

A Room with A View
Pretty average, like something from the 90s with room-over-room effect implemented for the purpose unknown.

SUBBSE
Minimalistic, even ugly at times, but has some decent action that balances on thin edge between being fun and dickish. I don't know, I sort of liked it, but in fact it's nothing special or truly memorable.

Trial And Error
Hey, this one's great! Had great fun with it, the only problem that makes things a bit worse is symmetric fights. Still, not a dealbreaker. Very cool way to relax while gunning down some cannon fodder. Thanks.

Law & Order: Special Doomguy Unit
I'm not going to describe it, go see it yourself, it's... mindbreaking. PEGI 18.

So here it is. I'd say the best wad for me is the one for Boom (no, not because it contains my own 'masterpiece'), but other wads contain some goodies as well. You just have to dive deeper... into something not that good. Dixi.

Demonologist said:

Water control[/b]
Not bad, pretty simplistic and has low detail, but still somewhat charming. More or less good usage of scripts to spice things up. Worth a look.

Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to go the simple route for this one so that's why it feels that way. I didn't really focus on detailing that much since I wanted to focus more on texture alignment and I hope I did a decent job (those computer textures were really a bitch to align correctly...). I also wanted to focus on gameplay (not the most entertaining gameplay, pretty straight forward but heh, I'm getting here I guess).

Oh, I also did the map just when I finished my own project (Undesired reality) so I guess I wanted to make a simple map for a change. I wanted to have fun making it and I did.

I did the map in 2.5 weeks, might I add (No, I'm not using this as an excuse or whatever but I thought it was worth mentioning).

Glad that you liked it :)

I would really want to try your map but I guess slaughtermaps aren't my cup of tea. I saw john's stream though and it looked enjoyable.