Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hypr

Best wads people ever played ( sequel to huge doom levels)

cph said:

Personally I like megawads but avoid TCs. There's a whole world of difference.

And yes, MM rocks - not the most pretty by today's standards but some of the cleverest gameplay around.

Gotta agree:)

cph said:

Well if you don't like being corrected then use the right term in the first place? ;-)

Because back when people first started to make wads that replaced all the levels, they were universally known as "TCs," but then some smartass decided that it would be better to just call them megawads and save the word TC for something that actually did replace every single part of the game. So basically, I'm used to calling everything a TC, because that's what they used to be called.

Most people know the difference, and understand what you mean when you say "Memento Mori is a great TC." Sorry if you don't fit that bill.

i tried eternity , serenity and cliemos 2 but not infinity, i also recommend jcm216.wad its a good episode

You should check out kurt keslers maps, his kboom and kzdoom series has some great looks/gameplay.

what site are his wads at, does this guy have a particular site?

Although not my absolute favorite, It is right there near the very top of the list.

Funny not many people around here mention it. Doubt I am the only one that likes it.

Enigma, 9 levels, by Jim Flynn, of Eternal Doom etc., etc.

A++ levels.

Invasion, Dark7, Invasion2, Vengeance, STRAIN, MM 1 and 2,
Vrack 1 and 2.

I just finshed dark 7 too, and found it awesome!..the final battle wouldve been a better challenge if the archviles had lived though ^-^, still, its finally one of those "good" zdoom wads that isnt totally impossible and can be finshed without cheating (unlike hell factory, temple, paranoia and all the rest...but maybe thats cause i always play on UV XD)

maybe u should put some links so ppl could play them if they haven't or if theyr new

mm & mm2 av are the best ive played lately

i hope its not cuz i got zdoomdos thats the problem
my fav editor only works in dos

ravage: It could be, cos it's likely that the dos version you have is an earlier version than 1.23 beta 33, and as I had trouble running it on v1.22 it is probably that reason. I would download v1.23 beta 33 (windows) from the site mentioned on my previous post.

Sorry for not really keeping to the subject but I got one little noob question coz I`m kinda new in playing mods and I didnt wanna make a new thread. Started with Doomsday but now I wonder how you play the other wads, with which programs?
Thx

i tried industrl.wad its prettty good but friggin massive , there was also i think compound.wad it was pretty huge also

hypr said:

i tried industrl.wad its prettty good but friggin massive , there was also i think compound.wad it was pretty huge also

Hey thanks,how far did you get with Industrl.wad? You're right,it's friggin massive!

i got into the 2nd area but i havent had really much time to play it so i guess i got to play after my exams so prolly ill start on friday and try my best to beat it. it might be tommorow or thrusday time permitting.

hypr said:

i got into the 2nd area but i havent had really much time to play it so i guess i got to play after my exams so prolly ill start on friday and try my best to beat it. it might be tommorow or thrusday time permitting.

If by the 2nd area you mean after the red key you're doing very well.Now you're in for some great battles!

the red key is hard to find tho i should plan this thourghly when i play the wad next time

hypr said:

the red key is hard to find tho i should plan this thourghly when i play the wad next time

'fraid so, it's not meant to be easy:)

i found a good level to play av24sp01.wad its pretty good i thought it was something about ailen vendetta about the 24th map