Find results in...
Captain Skippy

How many of you still play Doom?

how many of you still play doom  

39 members have voted

1. 1. how many of you still play doom

• yes
    • no

I play Doom a bit. I myself like wads of mostly soldiers. I hate wads like Caverns of Darkness. I admire them for their architecture and stuff but their is a fine line between hard and irritating. Cacodemons buzz around you like flies! *swat!smack!slap!* ARGHH!

Ct_red_pants said:

since starting AV I've got into the habbit of using a 'backup' save game. map24: demonic hordes is starting to get on my nervs a bit though. But i've got the feeling it's only going to get worse...

Map24 is easier that Map25 and the map I was talking about is 26 and it's hell compared to 24 and 25. I strongly suggest you save 2 times at the end of map 25 if you do not want do have the same problem that I had...

Still play Doom 2 mostly, don't really play ultimate doom at all. I gots every Id game from ultimate doom all da way up to quake 3 installed on mah hard drive, but I don't have time to play them shits much lately.... I'm busy with "other" things!
;)

/me gets ready to call his girl on his break.

Played zDoom a while ago, but there's too much stuff vying for my attention - Champ Manager, Civ III, QIII, AVP2, MOH:AA, SS2 etc.

I play ZDoom every day, going back over all the 1000s of pwads I've downloaded on this 56k. I love it as much as ever. I love ZDaemon as well but sadly the ping is always atrocious.

pritch said:

I play ZDoom every day, going back over all the 1000s of pwads I've downloaded on this 56k. I love it as much as ever. I love ZDaemon as well but sadly the ping is always atrocious.

You play-test for me too :P

Archvile64 said:

You play-test for me too :P

Heh, yeah, I make these really incisive techie comments like "this is 1337!"

BTW when's the rest of DOM out?

Linguica said:

I just finished playing ZDaemon :P I was down like 38-30 at one point in that dwango5 map07 level before tying it at 49-49 and losing in that last frag.

Heh, you actually played ZDaemon?

I remember playing someone in that BFG spamming level (map 14 I think) of D5, and they had the name Linguica. I was owning but then both "Ling" and the other dude who were playing quit...I didn't think that was actually you, though, cause faggots always seem to think it's funny to change their names randomly.

pritch said:

Heh, yeah, I make these really incisive techie comments like "this is 1337!"

BTW when's the rest of DOM out?

Uh...when it's done ^_^

Seriously, I actually do work on it, I have about 3 1/2 levels done so far (the released E1M3, plus E1M8, E1M9, and half of E1M4). Don't ask about the random order of making levels, I just make stuff whenever I get a good idea for it.

E1M4 is pretty cool though, it uses a lot of those silent teleports which I find to be extremely cool, especially for idiots like me who are too techie-illiterate to learn scripting or use Edge, which supports 3d floors.