Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Worst PC game ever made. Big Rigs AVGN video.

geo said:

As for why people hate him, I think they just get pissed off he's not AVGN.

It probably also has to do with the drama he was often involved with.

buttspit said:

It probably also has to do with the drama he was often involved with.

I'm not aware of the drama. I just watch the videos.

geo said:

I used to watch his videos, but I found his critiques are just too long. If your critique / sitdown comedy review takes 33% of the length of the movie, that's too much. After watching his videos I felt like I had watched the movies instead of making me want to see the movies.

You summed up exactly why I don't follow that dude anymore. I know he stopped doing the NC vids and moved on to something else, but yeah, he'd spend about 20-30 minutes on something that should have been about 10. Also, his incredibly high pitched voice slowly became intolerable.

The fact that this is nostalgia critic made me turn off the video. I have issue with the guy from trolling his own audience by saying "HURR THERE'S NOTHING LEFT TO REVIEW" and then following it up with "DURR ALL OF THE SUDDEN IM BACK BECAUSE I JUST DID THAT SHIT FOR YOUR SYMPATHY SO YOU'D DONATE TO MY SITE SO I COULD INCREASE MY PRODUCTION VALUES". Fucking tool. That mixed with the fact he treats most people that submit to his site like fucking shit unless they practically suck his cock is just a turn off. So meh.

Also this game came out like 5 years ago and its utter and total shit, so why is this still a thing? Its like an alpha build game was just made to seem like a fully finished product and sold at retail anyway...honestly I kinda do want to know why it ever saw the light of day all now lol.

GoatLord said:

You summed up exactly why I don't follow that dude anymore. I know he stopped doing the NC vids and moved on to something else, but yeah, he'd spend about 20-30 minutes on something that should have been about 10. Also, his incredibly high pitched voice slowly became intolerable.

Yeah that too.... the high pitched voice and my TV will regulated high tones like that and lower them, but it still sticks out as high pitched. Meanwhile his gf/ wife/ bff the Nostalgia Chick can calmly explain things.

NC's bum reviews were really good, because they were 1 minute long. I remember when AOL and Yahoo publicized at least one or two of his bum videos on their home page. He has money. He was one of the first to make a living off videos.

As for him saying there's nothing left to review, there is always something old to review. AVGN over the past 2 - 3 years has made me think he's run out of old shit to review, but really there's still a lot.

If Classic Video Game Room hasn't reviewed everything when it churns out 3 reviews a day, there's still a lot. Speaking of Classic Game Room, I miss them being on Youtube, but their monotization got pulled so now they only review on their website and instead have 5 minute ads saying go to the website.

geo said:

I'm not aware of the drama. I just watch the videos.

I've only read tidbits here and there. But yeah, if you're only following his vids, the dislike can be confusing.

StevieCybernetik said:

The fact that this is nostalgia critic made me turn off the video. I have issue with the guy from trolling his own audience by saying "HURR THERE'S NOTHING LEFT TO REVIEW" and then following it up with "DURR ALL OF THE SUDDEN IM BACK BECAUSE I JUST DID THAT SHIT FOR YOUR SYMPATHY SO YOU'D DONATE TO MY SITE SO I COULD INCREASE MY PRODUCTION VALUES". Fucking tool. That mixed with the fact he treats most people that submit to his site like fucking shit unless they practically suck his cock is just a turn off. So meh.

You might want to check your facts. The Angry Video Game Nerd (James Rolfe) is not The Nostalgia Critic (Doug Walker).

Thanks Shadow Hog, it was about time someone got their facts right: the AVGN and the Nostalgia Critic are two different people.

AVGN's Big Rigs review was boring, everything that can be said about that game has already been and AVGN didn't make it seem fresh. For a genuinely good one, check his Ghosts and Goblins review, which is still my go-to AVGN fix. His four Castlevania vids are excellent too, probably among his best. I can't wait for his film to come out.

buttspit said:

I've only read tidbits here and there. But yeah, if you're only following his vids, the dislike can be confusing.

After googling, it looks like it has something to do with a Cheetahmen 2 kickstarter? Or just AVGN kickstarting his own movie?

https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Angry_Video_Game_Nerd

I see no problem with kickstarting your own movie, but the AVGN character is barely even a character anymore. Its just James.

The Cheetahmen 2 patch thing was a bit strange. There wasn't even a need for it, just to make it playable when there were barely any copies manufactured. What about the guy that easily patched E.T. from Atari. That game sold millions and millions of people know about it, played it and owned it. I was one of them.

MajorRawne said:

Thanks Shadow Hog, it was about time someone got their facts right: the AVGN and the Nostalgia Critic are two different people.

People confuse the two? They don't look, sound or act nearly alike.

geo said:

After googling, it looks like it has something to do with a Cheetahmen 2 kickstarter? Or just AVGN kickstarting his own movie?

https://encyclopediadramatica.es/Angry_Video_Game_Nerd

I see no problem with kickstarting your own movie, but the AVGN character is barely even a character anymore. Its just James.

The Cheetahmen 2 patch thing was a bit strange. There wasn't even a need for it, just to make it playable when there were barely any copies manufactured. What about the guy that easily patched E.T. from Atari. That game sold millions and millions of people know about it, played it and owned it. I was one of them.

I remember that the Cheetahmen 2 fiasco was a big part of it. It wasn't the kickstarter itself but how Mike handled the situation. Deleting criticism, blocking people, even removing posts/comments that simply showed concern (Motherfucker Mike?). The "fixed version" of the game was a complete bust, but that's another story.

AFAIK there wasn't significant backlash to his movie's kickstarter; mostly from less popular internet reviewers (as well as their little fanbase).