Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Yea! Look at this awesome activision "steam sale"

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/acti_pub1

Wow, those are some really awesome deals there. Why would somebody not want to buy the original 11 year old Call of Duty when it's on 25% discount and thus ONLY costs 15 bucks! Or the 4 year old Original Black Ops which is also 25% off and thus ONLY costs 45 bucks!

Activision, you surely know how to tempt the consumer with your awesome deals. I urge all of you to go and grab all of those games right now to reward activision for being so nice to us consumers.

Seriously though, how can they justify charging so much for the Call of Duty games? Does anybody actually pay this much for games this old?

Meanwhile at GOG: Ubisoft sells their old games at 60% discount.

I'm still sad there's no Rayman classic collection on Steam.
Hopefully actual ports, none of that DOSBox nonsense.

I would not buy CoD, even if it would be for $1.
I would rather give $2 for BTSX all episodes. or 3$ for *Ultimate Doom in Zdoom* (UDiZ).

Boy, they certainly think highly of their old CoD titles. Now look, I'm not gonna be a CoD-bashing fanboy, I've played a couple of the older CoD games and I liked them - but like, a new one comes out every year. I would think that, like Madden, you'd be able to get the 2005 version for $.10 in the bargain bin. Or do people still pay such outrageous prices for the old CoD games?

Yeah Steam sales are getting worse over time, but eh whatever. A lot of steam deals happen a week after PSN deals especially Rockstar and Capcom.

Steam has adapted weekly deals for when games are available in lesser known bundles.

hardcore_gamer said:

Wow, those are some really awesome deals there. Why would somebody not want to buy the original 11 year old Call of Duty when it's on 25% discount and thus ONLY costs 15 bucks!

I got a copy free with a graphics card that didn't cost much more than that when the game was still fairly new. :)

Why exactly are you complaining about the price of games you'll never buy?

Quast said:

Why exactly are you complaining about the price of games you'll never buy?

To point out how ridiculous people are about CoD?

I think bought CoD1 on a disc the other day for roughly three or four bucks, sealed jewel case. I think I bought Modern Warfare for four bucks too on a disc. I guess if I want WaW, I'll have better luck in the thrift stores or eBay, like always. Or I can just go back to my Wii version.

Also, 66% off all Star Wars titles. I think I might pick up Starfighter and Empire at War finally.

Sokoro has a custom title! Haven't seen that one for a while.

dew said:

The last decent Activision sale I saw was also on GOG, I took the opportunity to grab a bunch of classic Sierra titles.

I like America tho. Not enough to live there or anything, but it's p cool. I Just like to giving y'all a glimpse of life in upside down kangaroo land.

Tylerisepic1 said:

I hate America as equally as you do, but I live here.

If you hate it, then why continue? I hear Greenland is nice.

Holy shit Captain Red, that is some major price discrimination. You should sincerely make an effort to disguise your IP address to Steam. I would never pay 60 USD for Call of Duty Black OPs, no matter how awesomely addictive the bonus zombie mode is. I never played the campaign, just the zombie maps. I would pay $20, maximum these days.

Clonehunter said:

I hear Greenland is nice.

I hear Canada's nice too, and most of the natives speak American.

TheCupboard said:

Holy shit Captain Red, that is some major price discrimination. You should sincerely make an effort to disguise your IP address to Steam. I would never pay 60 USD for Call of Duty Black OPs, no matter how awesomely addictive the bonus zombie mode is. I never played the campaign, just the zombie maps. I would pay $20, maximum these days.

It's mostly just activision games that get the really absurd prices, and I can usually walk into my local EB and grab an older CoD's (Black Ops older that is) for $20.

Those are still powerfully stupid prices though

dew said:

Thanks for the tip, guess I'll be spending the weekend revisiting Settlers 2 :D

geekmarine said:

Boy, they certainly think highly of their old CoD titles. Now look, I'm not gonna be a CoD-bashing fanboy, I've played a couple of the older CoD games and I liked them - but like, a new one comes out every year. I would think that, like Madden, you'd be able to get the 2005 version for $.10 in the bargain bin. Or do people still pay such outrageous prices for the old CoD games?

i agree, they can be fun to play. But knowing younger titles going out at 9 euros because stores want to get rid of them, getting a box, a dvd, a booklet, and more, these prices seem insane.

i bought modern games at 9 to 15 euros with nice big cardboard boxes and actual dvds for 10 to 5 euros less then what steam was offering.

so these cod prices are just 'INSANE' !

Publishers set prices, both standard and sales. People ranting at Steam for having "bad prices" are really badly misinformed.

On top of that, Call of Duty is expensive, NEWS AT FUCKING TEN.

As an aside, if anyone is tempted by THPSHD, Don't do it, the engine is awful and it feels nothing like the classic games it tries to copy.

Only positive thing I could say about the Activision sale is that at least the free weekend CoD Ghosts Multiplayer lets you play Extinction mode which is the only enjoyable part of the game I like.

25 gigs for Multiplayer seems steep, unless it's installing the whole game in case I decide to buy it. Which I won't. Granted, having only recently acquired a computer capable of playing recent games, I guess I don't know what steep is.