Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pipicz

Bloodstain - I finally made it a website! :-D

Hi all, long time no see, huh?
It's Pipicz here and I wanna tell ya - I'm still alive! :-D

Well, it's been a while since I posted just pure announcement about my 32-map megawad project Bloodstain and link to WIP site. And now I finally forced myself to make this project a website (well, I had to make a website to get credit from one subject at the university, so why shouldn't it be a website someone would actually appreciate, huh? :-D). That website is nothing professional, but it would serve its purpose well, I suppose.

On the website there are current statuses of maps (for you can see I already have something done :-D) and quite a few screenshots you can take a look at, and in the near future possibly even Demo version or something to download, I'll see :-) Of course if something important like that happens I'll let you know here on Doomworld.

And definitely let me know here in this thread what you think about it :-)

Well, so here is the link:
http://bloodstain.ic.cz/index.html

This looks pretty damn excellent! The amount of spheres in the screenies lead me to expect some exciting gameplay too... ;) Definitely another project to keep an eye on.

Dang, this looks cool! Keep on trucking man. :) Also, I noticed you saying that you were a bit undecided about the bossfight at the end: if you want to use a DeHackEd boss in MAP30, feel free to ask me and I'll build something groovy for you.

Obsidian said:

Also, I noticed you saying that you were a bit undecided about the bossfight at the end: if you want to use a DeHackEd boss in MAP30, feel free to ask me and I'll build something groovy for you.

Well, thanks for offer, but I don't think DeHackEd would do too much as I have already done a few things about it like slightly modified Baron of Hell, replacement monsters for Wolfenstein SS and Commander Keen etc. so those frames that are usually used for DEH patch already have their use :-) I meant rather something like 'epic' timed tag sequences using voodoo dolls on moving floors if you know what I mean :-D

Impressive screenshots, even better than I expected. Keep up the good work, man. Can you reveal what the gameplay will be like? In case that slaughter (I'm afraid I assume that, knowing your work), I hope you'll be at least implementing difficulty settings in order to satisfy us players who like, say, lesser crowds and less intense challenge.

Well, difficulty settings are implemented and the gameplay isn't that slaughter at all, maybe at some point in the latter maps or in the final arenas in some levels, but definitely far away from HR style.
There are so many spheres in the screenshots mainly from those larger open areas as they are the most sexy places and it is quite obvious that you want to take screenshot from the best looking spots, heh :-)
And battles' choreography is focused on the environment rather than on slaughters of billions of monsters (of course I can't say that there aren't such moments in the latter levels, but definitely not in the manner you imagine, I hope :-))

Glad to hear that, thanks for the assurance. :) By the way:

Spoiler

Postni ten svùj web taky na ceské liquid fórum, bylo by fajn to tam trochu rozhýbat. :)

(^I told Pipicz to send his news to a Czech forum too.)

Some great looking shots, especially some of the outdoor shots in E2.

This certainly looks promising. The texture/color usage is not exactly to my taste (I prefer a little more variation) but the obvious high quality of design should compensate for that. Looking forward to this.

One little suggestion: Espi made a properly tiling version of SUPPORT2 for his Back to Basics, perhaps you could use it to avoid stuff like here on the left.

well this looks nearly exactly to my tastes, visually :)

extremely sexy stuff man, keep it up!

wow this looks fucking great. design-wise, definitely straight up my alley. can't wait :D

I gotta echo the comments so far; this is looking really nice! The visuals are clean and interesting. Hopefully the gameplay will follow that :)

Buh? I just had to solve a captcha to view the page. Since when is that a thing? o_O

This definitely looks superdamn cool, though. The exterior of the castle of MAP15 in particular is a jawdropper. :D

Ah, it lives, excellent. I remember seeing this on the WADs in Progress website quite some time ago, before said website strangled on its own fluids. Aesthetically the Plutonia influence is obvious, but it all looks a lot more lush. The third episode looks like it's mostly classic Hell, which some folks have lost some patience for after seeing it so many times (although I myself am not really one of those people), but the way you've paired the inevitable blood-red with ash-white instead of marble-green or a lot of black gives it a different feel.

Glad to hear you won't be shying entirely away from stuff like 'Fallen' from Zones of Fear. Of course, the slaughter scene is lively as ever, but maps in that particular older HR/Kama Sutra-esque style don't seem so common anymore. It's a good style, and 'Fallen' was a good take on it, so I'll be looking forward to seeing you put it through its paces here and there in Bloodstain.