Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueFeena

This actually got greenlit on Steam

After reading the description, it seems boring as hell. "the most realistic plane simulator" doesn't sounds like a lot of fun if you aren't a true fanatic of airplanes: play "as an engineer and prepare the plane for takeoff"? "take on the role of a stewardess, making sure that every compartment on the plane, from the TVs to the toilets, are clean and that the plane is fully stocked with food ready for the passengers"??? This has to be a joke.

I absolutely love the fact that the guys behind it are called Killjoy Games. That is just so beautiful, I swear.

Zed said:

After reading the description, it seems boring as hell. "the most realistic plane simulator" doesn't sounds like a lot of fun if you aren't a true fanatic of airplanes: play "as an engineer and prepare the plane for takeoff"? "take on the role of a stewardess, making sure that every compartment on the plane, from the TVs to the toilets, are clean and that the plane is fully stocked with food ready for the passengers"??? This has to be a joke.

meanwhile people are putting out their trash in the sims, and cleaning their house... while they would not bother that much in real life...
same boat, but if they get a chance why would anybody want to stop them. :)

This is probably why Steam is thinking about doing away with Steam Greenlight. People love terrible games. Its comedic gold for their Youtube channels. Looks like another Unity game.

Air Control is the most realistic plane simulator out there!

With this game, we give you more freedom and go further into the stages of how a flight is both prepared for and executed than any other flight simulator out there! We aren't just covering the cockpit; we’re covering every single step of the process!

Say, buy a fuckin' ticket today!

Superluigieth1 said:

we’re covering every single step of the process!

Including the pilot taking a dump and carefully wiping, by inspecting every tissue?!

Obsidian said:

I absolutely love the fact that the guys behind it are called Killjoy Games. That is just so beautiful, I swear.

Yeah, I know. I'd say that's irony at its finest.

Lesson: It doesn't matter how good the game is, it may become a success.

I'm confident this is just an old Al-Qaeda flight simulator. Allah knows the graphics look like they've been rendered with some old a Pentium 4 in Pakistan.

Technician said:

I'm confident this is just an old Al-Qaeda flight simulator. Allah knows the graphics look like they've been rendered with some old a Pentium 4 in Pakistan.

Winner. Nothing else said can outdo this.

Attention !
Only for computers with support of 1920x1080 resolution.
RUN ONLY IN 1920x1080 ! ! !

I don't even understand this.

Well, is it bad for Steam? That's what I'm wondering. I mean, even if people only buy it to make "hilarious" and "witty" Let's Play videos on youtube, people are still buying it. The harm would come if people just weren't even buying the games that get greenlit... Which I could easily see happening. Then it's money wasted hosting crap that no one wants. However, I'd imagine with something like this, it'd only take a few people buying it "ironically" to make it worthwhile. And I mean, at worst, all it'd take to fix the problem would be for Valve to put in a little tighter quality control... have a little more editorial control over what gets published, so to speak.

But then, I'm just talking out of my ass here - Just, I've liked Steam Greenlight so far, and I think it'd be a shame if it went away entirely.

If there's an expansion pack where aliens attack Earth and an elite military group joins your crew in order to hunt them down, I'll definitely buy it.

geo said:

This is probably why Steam is thinking about doing away with Steam Greenlight. People love terrible games. Its comedic gold for their Youtube channels. Looks like another Unity game.

I hate this so much, games are being made badly on purpose just so some 20 year old guys can scream and blurt retarded jokes just so they can make money. I miss when there actually used to be a bunch of quality games that people created there self, created by their own engines.

And they always were obscured by a sea of shit if you just looked at what was available in stores. In the 80s for every Elite or Ultima there were probably 100 shitty BASIC games promising to be the best thing ever.

How does Greenlight work anyway? Does it automatically pass a game that gets a certain number of yes votes, or does it work on a threshold and a ratio? If there's a ratio in there then I feel bad about giving no votes to games I don't want, but can see many other people wanting.

Aliotroph? said:

How does Greenlight work anyway? Does it automatically pass a game that gets a certain number of yes votes, or does it work on a threshold and a ratio? If there's a ratio in there then I feel bad about giving no votes to games I don't want, but can see many other people wanting.

People vote on a game that they think is interesting. Next, Valve looks at the top ones with votes. They probably then select the highest ones and/or the one with the most quality.

I think that is my most basic understanding of how Greenlight works.

Aliotroph? said:

Its a threshold and there's even a threshold of time where if its been around and updated for X amount of time it gets passed. There was a bunch of games that were on Greenlight for 10+ months that all 33 were just passed at once.

Steam would rather have the money than let Desura have any.

Another reason why shitty and old games are coming to Steam. Shitty and old game bundles are cropping up and again Steam would rather have you playing them on Steam so your friends can see... 7th Guest, I haven't played that in a decade, time to buy it and play it!

geo said:

This is probably why Steam is thinking about doing away with Steam Greenlight.

Would you believe they're getting rid of Greenlight to make it EASIER for games to get on Steam?

GoatLord said:

Is anyone else reminded of that annoying plane mission from Perfect Dark?

That mission had nothing on the sheer shitfest that was Crash Site: Confrontation. Holy shit that was awful

Rampage470 said:

Would you believe they're getting rid of Greenlight to make it EASIER for games to get on Steam?

Wait, what do you mean, like doing away with the selection process and just letting anyone publish any old crap? 'Cause if THAT is the route they're going, yeah, I could see that ending up very badly. I mean, there has to be at least some form of barrier of entry, or you're gonna end up like the mobile app market.

What kind of idiot restricts their resolution to only 1920x1080?