Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueFireZ88

GTWY2000.wad

Taken directly from the release notes I made (please read all of it):

"I TAKE ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS WAD!
THAT GOES TO THE ORIGINAL CREATORS, WHO OR WHEREVER THEY MAY BE NOW!

This wad was originally given to my father during his time working at Gateway Computers from 1997 to 2002. The wad was developed by employees of the company and they gave it to my dad for us to play. Besides this copy I have, this wad has never been uploaded anywhere on the internet, making it probably one of the rarest Doom mods."

I'm sorry if this is not my work, but I honestly have never seen this anywhere beyond my own hard drive. Please give it a chance, as this is a rare piece of Doom history.

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/GLr5D-M-kU/gtwy2000.zip

I'll try uploading video footage of it a bit later tonight.

Sounds interesting - and also not tbad actually! I've never liked 1994-1998 WAD (only with some exception) but it's definitely playable =)

Thank you for sharing this "relic" with us! =)

real mixed bag, but I liked this a lot. The intermission screen is awesome and I like the new sky texture.
Some real strange monster placement and it seems every monster gets it's own megasphere.
The new textures follow the same trend, some are really nice, what is with the cow print texture and the random guy (presume he is one of the employees of said company). I liked the demon sprite replacement, though the sounds get a little annoying.
Either way on my view of this wad, thanks for uploading this rough diamond from back in the day when the Spice girls were the biggest thing in the world (shudders)

Pretty awesome looking. Tucking it away in my map library. Anyway to get that intermission pic?

That Intermission pic looks very similar to some box art for one of the Quake II expansions/Unoffical TC's. I've always wanted a high res version without text, and this somewhat works. I wonder if there's a bigger version?

ah, here's the pics I meant

I mean, there's some differences, but it's damn similar.

Katamori said:

I've never liked 1994-1998 WAD (only with some exception) but it's definitely playable =)

Blasphemy!!!!!!!! '90s Forever!!!!!!

cannonball said:

. . . from back in the day when the Spice girls were the biggest thing in the world (shudders)

Scary Spice is still hot! MelB Forever!!!!!!

the videos look funny and interesting at the same time.
thank you for showing this, even though i might not play it i enjoyed reading and watching.

Elaxter said:

Pretty awesome looking. Tucking it away in my map library. Anyway to get that intermission pic?

Yes.

CacoDoomer said:

The Intermission screen is LANDSCHAFT by HR Giger.

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like it's better-known among Anglophones as Landscape XIX. It seems darkly appropriate to bring up the Giger connection, since he died just yesterday.

This needs to be uploaded to /idgames. If I was still able, I would do it in a heartbeat. Thanks for preserving this history!

I do most of my gaming on an old, white, clunky Gateway keyboard. I just now remembered my dad worked at gateway when I was a youngster. During that time he got me Shareware Doom.. Good times.

These maps look like they're designed for old deathmatch settings, based on the number of powerups and the general layouts. I'd love to do a DM here, since they didn't specify, do you think they would mind ever-so-slight alterations to make them flow better in modern DM? This stuff may seem average now, but it's pretty ahead of the curve for 1996.