Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Doom3 reference in Far Cry 1.

Hello.

I was playing Far Cry 1 and I was just entering the caves at the Research base and I saw a cutscene where the Doomguy was stalking through the cave and he was eaten by a Pinky. Is this cool or what. Despite the fact that this game is absurdly difficult and I am playing most of the first time through with God mode. I really enjoyed seeing the cutscene. The main research area with the giant fences around the Trigen zoo is a also a Jurassic Park reference. They all get free and attack people.

Damn, turned out it was a Trigen. It looks almost identical to a Pinky when they pounce on an enemy.

Here is a pic of one. I could have sworn the guy who got eaten looked exactly like Doom3 guy.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10291781_644405462310033_5050770206857230687_n.jpg

This is the guy who got bitten.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/10336784_644407242309855_8433378043689387714_n.jpg

The armour and the haircut fooled me big time.

I don't really see the resemblance but fuck me if Doom 3's pinky shouldn't have looked like that instead.

Lol, i can somewhat see a pinky in that.

i tend to play the demo with altered gameplay lua scripts, i sometimes like to do realy odd stuff with those scripts. :)

Considering Doom 3 came out several months after Far Cry 1, i was in some sort of doubt almost immediately.

If it was reference to original Doom then it would've been more feasible.

One thing I love about Far Cry 1 is its semi-auto Pancor Jackhammer shotgun.

I found an iron sights mod for FC1 not long ago, it works well with some of the weapons, but with others not so much or at least simply difficult.

Avoozl said:

One thing I love about Far Cry 1 is its semi-auto Pancor Jackhammer shotgun.

I found an iron sights mod for FC1 not long ago, it works well with some of the weapons, but with others not so much or at least simply difficult.

Where do you find those FC mods?

FireFish said:

Lol, i can somewhat see a pinky in that.

i tend to play the demo with altered gameplay lua scripts, i sometimes like to do realy odd stuff with those scripts. :)

Do you know LUA scripting?

I think someone found a Xenomorph in Far Cry 3 embedded in the ground too.

Six said:

Considering Doom 3 came out several months after Far Cry 1, i was in some sort of doubt almost immediately.

What about the leaked Doom 3 Alpha? ;-)

I honestly see no resemblance other than the solider happening to wear green and the monster happening to be pink. Aside from colors, eh.

It's not like they could have just straight-up had a pinky and the Doomguy running around without trouble, so it's possible this is a reference, and it's possible this is a coincidence. The only ones who know for sure are the developers, really.

It's most likely not a reference as trigens or whatever are part of the games story, it's basically supposed to be the starting point of the trigen outbreak.

Farcry 1 was quite hard game when it came out, last parts with mutants and mountain were damn tough