Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Corridor 8. Possible Community project?

Hey I want to know what people would think of making this unfinished game into something. And something I hope to be a very nice and polished iwad. I have the beta its not very playable though. I also have the disc for corridor 7 well my dad decided to take it but its mine lol.

Edit: Looking for People to do the following I can map well, can code somewhat, write a decent story structure, and I'm terrible at making sprites/textures.

Sprite
Texture
Map
Code
Story

Here the new resources ripped and edited by me.

Textures https://www.mediafire.com/?3ed47if6bhycsec

Please explain your ideas and post some screenshots, if you want something for us. =)

No offense, cause I may join, but I won't unless you show something. I had two single maps that were made for community projects but then went into loneliness.

Katamori said:

Please explain your ideas and post some screenshots, if you want something for us. =)

No offense, cause I may join, but I won't unless you show something. I had two single maps that were made for community projects but then went into loneliness.

Corridor 7 is a PC game that came out in 1994 on the wolfenstein engine. I have nothing made as of yet. I enjoyed the game and want to see who else would like to make an community project. Thats a made from scratch iwad new textures, sprites, music, code and the like. I am fairly skilled with gzDoom builder. But would need help with the rest I don't want to rip from the previous game. I also will try and contact the games developers to see what they had planned for the sequel. I want something the community can do together.

Creating a game (either if it's a sequel or not) on ZDoom base is a little bit hard since there are way too many licenses that is hard to maintain and handle.

I'm not really into it, but someone may go here to explain. Esselfortium, maybe?

Katamori said:

Creating a game (either if it's a sequel or not) on ZDoom base is a little bit hard since there are way too many licenses that is hard to maintain and handle.

I'm not really into it, but someone may go here to explain. Esselfortium, maybe?

Actually its pretty easy since the doom engine is open and capstone and its second company both got closed down the same story as the atari wolfenstein games.

Edit: Capstone made Corridor 7 the IP is up in the air as wolfenstein was back in the day. I'm only keeping a slight similarity to corridor 7 which is the basic story. And everything will be built from the ground up.

Katamori said:

If you want to sell it bundled up with ZDoom, sure.

Otherwise, you have no reason to care. Keep in mind you're making data, and the licenses of the engine have no relevance to the data.

Gez said:

If you want to sell it bundled up with ZDoom, sure.

Otherwise, you have no reason to care. Keep in mind you're making data, and the licenses of the engine have no relevance to the data.

I have no intention on selling my stuff. Especially not something I put up as a community project. I'm merely looking into an iwad sized project. like Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch or Action Doom

Oh, yes, I remember now, sorry.

Anyway, if you wanna be the project leader, then please try to rip off the textures from the game and try to put them into a .WAD file as a resource file for beginning.

Then, we may start making maps, and we may even ask some people for sending new texture suggestions.

That's how does it work, I guess at least.

ok I will get started on it for now here's this that I found

New Link
http://corridor7.tripod.com/

Its the first map, enemies, and items. Gonna play it now.

Edit: Disregard the link it has none of that :/ He meant it had Doom items/monsters placed

Look at first post.

That resource is missing alot. I have extracted the textures myself and currently am placing them into a wad. They are currently in bmp format but I will be converting the ones that serve as midtextures into png format.

They are all 64x64 but I would like to have some 64x128 and larger if anyone can help me.

After the textures I will make the monsters and weapons.

If anyone wants the raw resources not made up into a wad pm me I will share Corridor 7 is abandonware.

Ok I ripped the textures and sprites from the game. Textures are available in the link on the first post I'll Upload the monsters/props/guns once I convert them and add transparent backgrounds.

Someone would be a huge help if the could make some 64x128 textures based off of some of these. (It uses only 64x64) Also they don't blend vertically at the moment only Wolfenstein styled maps will work.

I'll make some maps if that's what I need to. But check out the textures use them as a base for whatever you want just show me what you make. :P

kalinus said:

Actually its pretty easy since the doom engine is open and capstone and its second company both got closed down the same story as the atari wolfenstein games.

It's quite a bit more nuanced than that. It's not just a matter of "open or closed," it's about the license terms. ZDoom is one of the few source ports still under the old Doom source code license, which is more restricting in some ways and less in others. ZDoom is generally more free to link to non-free libraries (for example, it uses FmodEX as its sound engine) but you cannot sell it and are not required to give the source code to others. GPL licensed ports on the other hand are free to be sold, but you are required to give the source code to anyone who wants it and are not allowed to link it to non-GPL compatible libraries.

To note, when I say free, I mean freedom and not price.

Wouldn't it be easier to make this a TC for Doom 2 using DeHacked for the enemies and utilizing the textures you have rather than try and make an entire IWAD? (Unless you want to make money of course)

Just got out of college need to nap in order to think straight for night classes and the comments I got. :P But I do want this as an IWAD so that it won't require doom to run. I am working on concept art of enemies so that they will look somewhat badass. Also I don't know dehacked just lots of decorate and some acs. I do appreciate the comments now to sleep....

Gez said:
I couldn't find the Corr8 design docs anywhere though. [/B]

I thought the design docs were in the download maybe I will upload them in a zip.

doomgargoyle said:

It'd be interesting to see make a Witchaven I and II source port with that codebase.

I don't know much about them but yes. And I am always interested in new source ports.

Sodaholic said:

To note, when I say free, I mean freedom and not price.

I don't think I want to sell this though the game could be sold and bundled with zdoom right?

mrthejoshmon said:

Wouldn't it be easier to make this a TC for Doom 2 using DeHacked for the enemies and utilizing the textures you have rather than try and make an entire IWAD? (Unless you want to make money of course)

What I want to do is something more deep and involved that is why I'm making an IWAD that doesn't mean it won't be free. Also I want something completely original but still rooted with classic fps games.

doomgargoyle said:

It'd be interesting to see make a Witchaven I and II source port with that codebase.

Given the unpopularity of Witchaven and the issues with licensing or lack thereof scaring people off, the prognosis doesn't look so good. I've toyed with it, but OpenWatcom doesn't compile it as is, which given that it was written for Watcom, doesn't bode well for it compiling in anything else without a cleanup effort first. More than I cared to try to sort out at the moment. I've been making efforts to at least come up with a bugfix patch, though, but nothing yet beyond the map patch I made a while back for that one pullchain that didn't work.

Perhabs something based on

can be done today? This TC still quite playable for some folks +/- in case of unique enemies, health chambers and other things. Still additional problem is that TC was based on old version of JDoom. Not ZDoom of any type.