Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

for Ralphis and dew:

I know hockey isn't very popular here, but the NHL Playoffs have been pretty fun so far. Watching LA come back from 3-0 in the series to beat SJ was so awesome. I'd like LA to win the cup again, too bad I don't get the LA/ANA series.

STL/CHI series was fun but I wanted STL to win. Now I hope MIN beats CHI, maybe because Grazza lives there, but I don't think he cares for hockey anyway.

I know Ralphis is a Flyers fan, so it's too bad NYR beat them but at least they made the playoffs. Watching TOR choke to death after the Olympics and not even make the playoffs was garbage.

I don't know if dew is a big Jagr fan, but it was cool to see him play so well this year and lead his team in points despite his age. Reading his interviews are funny because it seems like he'll never quit. Looking forward to seeing him again next year.

TimeOfDeath said:

Now I hope MIN beats CHI, maybe because Grazza lives there, but I don't think he cares for hockey anyway.

What?! I hope Mineola beats Chile just as much as anyone else.

Ya go montreal! Ya habs are great, go Canada! Canada rulz all! (ok i'm sorry, i'm sorry guys, please dont beat me up, I DID'NT MEAN to go that far.)

Grazza said:

What?! I hope Mineola beats Chile just as much as anyone else.

heh, I guess hockey isn't very popular in England, but how about in Minnesota?

Doominator2 said:

Ya go montreal!

I'd normally cheer against them, being rivals and all, but I'm starting to get sick of the Bruins and they hurt my feelings last year, so I agree with you.

Jagr is now on his world tour where he will spend one year with each team in the league.

The Flyers series was disappointing but it was nice that it went 7 games. Locally, everyone was braced for disappointment (as we always are) and we knew that the Rangers matched up well against us. Would've loved to play the Pens.

Speaking of, is there a way both the Pens and the Rangers can lose this series?

I was originally rooting for the Blues out of the west but I can get on board with the Kings taking another go at it. It's always nice to see our players do well...when they go to another team. I guess if I have to pick a team in the east I'd pick the Canadiens on the basis that the other three can kiss my ass

Yeah, I'm a Habs mark FWIW. Haven't followed much of hockey this year, though. Caught one of their Ligntning games last month and a brief watch of their match against Bruins 2 days ago.

I'm an Avs fan since the franchise relocation, I watched the '96 SC win live on TV.

That said, I'm obviously disappointed we lost out to such a mediocre, unspectacular and unfun team as the Wild. In the 7th game in OT, durrr. But our entire season was nothing short of magical and after almost a decade of insignificance, it seems the rebuild is finished and we'll rock the west again. The kids just need more PO experience, you could see how easily they folded when Minny started grinding.

I'd say go LAK, their comeback against SJS was impressive and their super-experienced team plays fun to look at, gritty hockey. Chile can go suck a lemon, I'm tired of their overpowered generational squad already. :) They're the team to beat in the West though, a true final boss. I don't see the Wild doing it and I'm glad - they house that filthy piece of human garbage Matt Cooke. What he did to young Barrie (deliberate knee on knee snipe) should've yielded him much more than just 7 games, but the league didn't want a lengthy arbitration.

Oh and I saw the Blues collapse as inevitable. They were in a terrible slump since they traded out Halak for Miller, heh. That seemed like a SC clinching move at that point, but somehow, it didn't work at all and Miller was a wreck. And holy shit, did they shoot themselves in the foot by getting Ott and sticking him in the first line, hahaha. They went from the uncontested Presidents Cup team to losing even the division in the last two games.

The East? Uhhh... Habs, I guess? Bruins are a terrific team, but I can't say they're very likeable. Pens-Rangers doesn't interest me in the slightest, except I'd love to see another Fleury choke and Crosby bust.

EDIT: Oh and Jagr is staying in New Jersey, so no new addition to the Traveling Jagrs. Devils seem content with him in the top line and don't mix his partners too often, which is what he admitted to hate. He said building proper chemistry takes him up to 20 games and he was getting sick of all the changes.

Ralphis, yeah it's crazy that Richards and Carter were on two of the four teams to have ever come back from a 0-3 series.

dew, are the games shown on tv where you are? I didn't get the AVs series with my antenna, but it was cool to see them do so well this year with Roy as coach. Nice to see a young team win (unlike Edmonton).

Also was nice having all those OT games in round 1, especially the triple OT game with STL/CHI, and the CBJ/PIT game with Fleury missing a bouncing puck behind the net letting CBJ tie it up then win it in OT. Sudden death in the playoffs is pretty epic!

Hockey is shit. Our damn city throws money at building a new arena rather than upgrading infrastructure. I'd like to see everyone involved in professional hockey burned for supporting that crap.

TimeOfDeath said:

dew, are the games shown on tv where you are? I didn't get the AVs series with my antenna, but it was cool to see them do so well this year with Roy as coach. Nice to see a young team win (unlike Edmonton).

They did in '96, haha. I think I could either buy the NHL stream pass, or there's an option to get the Altitude streams on Eurolanche. However I don't watch nearly enough matches to justify that, the Avs usually start at 3AM my time, heh. When I stay up that long, I usually find less honest sources.

And yeah, agreed on Roy & the rebuild showing Edmonton how it's done. How many talents will the Oilers have to ruin before someone realizes they're repeating the same mistakes for a decade? They're still hoping for their new Crosby or Ovechkin instead of getting defence.