Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FreddBoy

Extracting WAD's from a CD-ROM

Well, I've just purchased the collectors edition of DOOM (for the low price of £1.99), so I now have a hardcopy backup of Ultimate DOOM, DOOM 2, TNT and Plutonia. But I don't know how to extract the WAD files from the CD-ROM itself. Is there a tutorial I can follow on this site or the DOOM wiki I can use?

Cheers in advance.

Just browse the CD with Windows Explorer or whatever, find the wad and copy it?

Thanks memfis, It didn't automatically offer the option of using the explorer, but I put the disk back in and it gave the option then.

Well, now I own a fully working hard copy!

Poke around a little further and you should also find copies of the game manuals in PDF format.

GreyGhost said:

Poke around a little further and you should also find copies of the game manuals in PDF format.

Ohh, now THAT is interesting, might have a poke about later and see what I find!

FreddBoy said:

Thanks memfis, It didn't automatically offer the option of using the explorer, but I put the disk back in and it gave the option then.

Even if you don't automatically get the option, you should be able to go into "my computer" and access the CD drive from there (depending on what's on the drive you may need to right-click and choose explore rather than allowing the disk to ******** when you simply double click it).