Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Last few days of Wii Online [friend codes, etc]

Doomkid92 said:

Has it really? I thought the Wii was a 2007 release? I certainly could be wrong though. Even so, that sits them at a good 6+ years, which is pretty old. Compared to Dwango or x-band and the likes, thats a pretty solid run. I just wish they would extend it by a few months! I'm still loving Mario kart, just got finished with a small marathon and there's always a ton of players online.

I was talking about the Nintendo DS, which was released in 2004. Both systems (Wii and DS) use the same Nintendo WFC service.

Been playing a lot of Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros Brawl & CoD Black Ops online a lot lately so trying to get as much fun out of them before the 20th.

Sadly I can't play any of my DS games with online function since my router has a security protocol thats incompatible with my DSs wifi functionality :(

Doomkid92 said:

About smash bros., I really enjoy the game, but it's a "party" fighting game. Although I'm pretty damn good at it, I don't understand how people could possibly play competitively. There's no balance whatsoever, aside from maybe the 64version. Street fighter 2 will always be my 'competitive' fighting game.

It's easy to play competitively once you remove everything from the game that makes it fun. But then I can't imagine why you'd want to play at all.

Actually, to be honest, I'm terrible at competitive fighting games anyway. I'm happy playing against the computer in Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat, but the moment I go online, I realize I really don't know shit about competitive play. Vs the cpu, it's got a little strategy - pull off a few simple combos, watch your timing, figure out when to attack and which attack to use, but you go online, and suddenly it's this insane barrage of combos and whatnot that I've got no chance against. It's like, I'm not even remotely thinking on the level of the people I play against, and that's not fun to me. I guess it's a question of skill vs. strategy - reacting vs. planning out long strings of moves. I kinda lean toward skill, but competitive fighting games seem to lean toward strategy.

Philnemba said:

Been playing a lot of Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros Brawl & CoD Black Ops online a lot lately so trying to get as much fun out of them before the 20th.

Sadly I can't play any of my DS games with online function since my router has a security protocol thats incompatible with my DSs wifi functionality :(

You can't lower it to WEP? Nintendo has guides on doing it with most routers, should be a few simple options in your router login page. I've done it to all routers I've come across, but maybe yours is super-new or something.

Quasar said:

Well there goes any hope of ever getting enough friend tokens in Metroid Prime 3 to unlock all that bullcrap :P

Action Reply for Wii my friend.