Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Doneloud

A quick palette I made which adds a bit of blue and purple to the game, making it a little Quakish.

Feel free to use or edit without my permission, I won't be too cut up about it as it was like a 10-minute editing/testing job. :P

This would make a night-time level look very nice. Looks great on the Earth levels of Doom II.

The palette doesn't resemble Quake, it just throws away saturation, like Quake also does in its own way.

Seeing how the brown colour shades into purple and then quickly into a pitch black, while silver tends to oscilate between purple and green at low light levels, and how everything is dimmed, I'd say I prefer my classic palette. At least for a normal game. But I believe this palette could find its place in some kind of atmospheric or obscure mod, similarly as you've managed it with Jungle Spirits, Jimmy. Nice work.

Sweet, I love alternate palettes. Though a minor thing, they're probably my favorite type of non-map addition to the game. I will give this a spin next time I play some no-frills vanilla maps.

Edit: Is this actually the one from Jungle Spirits, or is it a little different?

seeing as Jimmy does not want the Jungle Spirits palette to be used ATM, and given the OP saying it was a quick 10 min job, i doubt this is that palette.

Gonna have to try this out with my Xodus mod, which is influenced a bit by Quake. Looks pretty cool.

This palette looks almost identical to the one I used in ZDM 14 and TheDevilzWork. Seriously, take a look: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/deathmatch/v-z/zdm_14.zip

Don't listen to the naysayers, the purple palette is awesome and goes particularly well with a midnight sky or lots of water. This may be just over the recommended amount of purpleyness, though.

I didn't try it out in a vanilla port, but tried it in gzdoom and it looks quite nice, actually.

I don't know why but in GZDoom the sprites have a strange bright effect around them when I use this palette.:

Other custom palettes look fine and options such as smoothing sprite edges make little difference. The only thing that got rid of the effect entirely was setting filtering to "linear".

1. I dislike this texture/sprite smoothing filtering and always disable it. (Texture filtering: None)

2. It appears like the filter assumes that the transparent colour is white, for some reason. I don't understand why. I guess the engine is confused because colours that are supposed to be grayscale are actually not accurately grayscale, or fade to such a colour at lower light levels (brighter than expected?). But it may be something completely else.