Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Before Doom...

Before Doom, what were you playing?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Before Doom, what were you playing?

• With yourself
    • With your pet dog
    • With your pet cat
    • Wolfenstein on a relatively low-end computer
    • Super NES/Genesis/misc. other 16-bit game systems
    • I was playing nothing. I was waiting for Doom to be released.
    • Other

Heh, it's hard to imagine life before Doom.

Doom was the first computer game I ever got so...I guess board games or something =)

im with archvile46, played nothing, didn't even have computer either, the most remarkable video games ive played was only mario series, contra, and some others, but i only used to play video games like 2 times in a month, not very much

Let's see... all the Cmdr Keen games at that time, Wolf3d, Rockford (don't laugh), plus a Sega Megadrive (Genesis to you Americans) and NES.

Dumb question, Wolf3d of course :-)
There were no other games but Wolfenstein 3d before Doom :-P

Duke Nuk'em - the platform game, that is. Which I thought was much better than commander keen.

cph said:

Duke Nuk'em - the platform game, that is. Which I thought was much better than commander keen.

Duke was good, but you couldn't grab onto edges and climb up from there, look up/down, shoot up/down.
Duke had some cool enemies though (like that 209 rip-off thing).

Commander Keen ownz Duke's butt imho (especially because he's just a kid - imagine him grow up and become one of the l33test of heroes).

Lament said:

Wrong, Commander Keen rocks.

I agree whole-heartedly, i STILL play commander keen, its badass, too bad they never released the 'The Universe is Toast!' Series :( iw as looking forward to it.

Let see, my first venture into computer games must have been with the humble Sinclair Spectrum ZX.
I used play this game called Dizzy, it's about an egg with boxing gloves and was produced by Codemasters.
After that, mostly Sega games like the Streets of Rages series and Sonic.

SNES stuff, zelda, sim city, soul blazer, final fantasy series and others.

Wolfenstein, Civilization, Keen, Duke Nukem, Treasure Mountain...whatever kept me entertained. I didn't play consoles until I discovered emulation in 9th-10th grade. Even to this day, I don't really like them.

Wolf 3d, Paganitzu (man I sucked at that game), Commander Keen, Crystal Caves and Catacombs.

let's see...

Turrican series, Golden Axe series, Protracker, Dune 2, Flashback, Desert Strike, Protracker, Street Fighter 2 (on Amiga and SNES), Super Mario Land (gameboy), Protracker, Double Dragon series, Octamed (Amiga tracker program), Another World, Brutal Sports Football, Pinball Fantasies, Protracker, Star Wars (for the gameboy), Ishar series, some Terminator 2 side-scrolling shooting game, PD's on the Amiga, NBA Jam, some other stuff I can't remember...

ahh.. the good old 1992-1993 days, with my lovely Amiga 2000, gameboy and SNES.

deathwarrior said:

let's see...

Turrican series, Golden Axe series, Protracker, Dune 2, Flashback, Desert Strike, Protracker, Street Fighter 2 (on Amiga and SNES), Super Mario Land (gameboy), Protracker, Double Dragon series, Octamed (Amiga tracker program), Another World, Brutal Sports Football, Pinball Fantasies, Protracker, Star Wars (for the gameboy), Ishar series, some Terminator 2 side-scrolling shooting game, PD's on the Amiga, NBA Jam, some other stuff I can't remember...

ahh.. the good old 1992-1993 days, with my lovely Amiga 2000, gameboy and SNES.

You said "Protracker" four times.