Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cupboard

Mafia Round 2 Town Victory!

Going to spread the love to someone who hasn't spoken up just yet.

Hey, Kirby, how can you lynch a pink puffball who doesn't have a neck at all? :P

Well that's not very nice. And I'd rather not find out :x

I'm tempted to throw a lynch vote already but I'm gonna wait a bit longer and see if everyone registers

Just kidding with you, man. Gotta keep you on your toes.

You can throw a lynch vote without committing to it, too. We're just getting everyone out of the woodwork at the moment.

The townspeople have begun deliberation, now that everyone has confirmed their roles with me.

Vote tally (6 votes to lynch)
Clonehunter (1 vote)
General Rainbow Bacon (1 vote)
Kirby (1 vote)
Membrain (2 votes)

The deadline is 96 hours from this post [4 days] or until 6 votes are tallied for a single player. If a count of 6 votes is not reached by the deadline, a decision of "no lynch" will be decided by the town and the game will move forward to the Night phase.

Membrain said:

Hey, Kirby, how can you lynch a pink puffball who doesn't have a neck at all? :P

You hang a fish by the tail, and I can tell you it's decidedly uncomfortable. ;)

Not having a 10-sided dice, I've written the names down and picked one with a pin.

Vote stewboy

Doominator2 said:

Hmm kissing up to kirby after you insulted him, weird.

Don't need to be a jerk to lynch a guy. Vote's still up, anyway.

Well, since my vote now has some power behind it I once again vote Sodaholic.

OK, so everyone is in. And as of right now there is no information and nothing too meaningful in other posts, meaning anyone could be anyone.

Well crap, now I have to pick a number out of a hat. Or put pressure on someone.

Alright Membrain, you're up on the block with my vote. Convince me otherwise :P

@Kirby: What should I reply to? As of right now, the only evidence against me is that I was too nice before when stating my reasoning for doing a random vote, despite me not repealing the vote.

All I have to say to that is that there are three votes lined up against me right now. The first reacted to next to nothing, the second is bandwagoning, and yours seems to be a counter-vote and possibly a bandwagon. Do you perhaps suspect that I've got a power role and want to take care of me early? It would make a lot of sense considering how fast those first two votes came.

@Clonehunter: Your vote is rather suspicious coming right after Doominator2's. Would you have voted the same way if he hadn't posted, and why?

I hate voting in these things because I really have no reason to lynch anybody and I feel bad about it.
So I'll vote flubbernugget because it won't do anything and I don't want to just vote nothing because then I'll seem lazy.

I only vote if someone gives me a reason too. You, Membrain, were changing moods to quickly. Trying to change an early stance? Trying to make yourself clean? Working damn hard to defend yourself. You seem positive that if you don't defend yourself you will die. Why so paranoid? Hiding something?

Also, on another note, would it be any good of a strategy to not lynch? I realize this gives the mafia a move, I think, for the night phase, and as a result, without a lynch, a mafia may go free. But a townie may die too. But I guess that's the risk. So, I dunno.

Deliberations are in full swing in the town of Doomworld as rain continues to fall. The hangman's noose swings back and forth in the breeze.

Vote Tally (6 to lynch)
Clonehunter (1 vote): Corsair
General Rainbow Bacon (1 vote): Freddboy
Kirby (1 vote): Membrain
Membrain (3 votes): Clonehunter, Doominator2, Kirby
stewboy (1 vote): GreyGhost
GreyGhost (1 vote): flubbernugget
flubbernugget (1 vote): stewboy

undecided: General Rainbow Bacon, Krispy

From now on I will keep track of who is voting for who. So the left name is the candidate. The right names are the voters.

Clonehunter said:

I only vote if someone gives me a reason too. You, Membrain, were changing moods to quickly. Trying to change an early stance? Trying to make yourself clean? Working damn hard to defend yourself. You seem positive that if you don't defend yourself you will die. Why so paranoid? Hiding something?

I was asked to defend myself and show that I'm town. I did so. Simple as that.

How do you think I was changing moods too quickly? I explained that I was just doing preliminary random voting to Kirby and also explained why we make random votes. That is, we do so to put pressure on people to get them active. To be completely honest, I don't have enough of a read on Kirby to say if he's scum or not, but again, that was a random, initial vote, not an attempt at a lynch.

Clonehunter said:

Also, on another note, would it be any good of a strategy to not lynch? I realize this gives the mafia a move, I think, for the night phase, and as a result, without a lynch, a mafia may go free. But a townie may die too. But I guess that's the risk. So, I dunno.

This is not usually a good idea. No-lynch nights often help the mafia much more than a misfire would hurt them.

flubbernugget said:

vote GreyGhost

How's that?

Not exactly the response I was hoping for, but it's progress. :P

Membrain said:

No-lynch nights often help the mafia much more than a misfire would hurt them.

That was my reasoning in the last game, and it sort of backfired on me. This time round I've taken the precaution of ordering electrified window shutters and a portcullis for the front door, though I've no idea when they'll be delivered.

Vote Clonehunter. You seem a little bent on taking the attention away from yourself.

Well, the the ammount of "shots fired" and paranoia in this thread is escalating quickly o_O

unvote GreyGhost

vote General Rainbow Bacon

Due to the results of last game I think I'm going to try to get the quiet people out of the game as soon as possible. The General has said the least of us all.

While the last thing I want to do is lynch the wrong person I'm at odds for information. I don't know whether to keep my vote or push it onto someone else as it will be a shot in the dark.

One of the problems we seem to be facing is a lot of commentary versus fewer questions. Asking questions helps get people active and will encourage the mafia to slip up. That's why we tend to start with random questions and random votes, just to see if we can glean small amounts of evidence about everyone.

@Corsair: You were mafia last round, and you've been rather quiet since laying your vote on Clonehunter. Do you still think he's mafia? If not, who do you think is most likely scum this round?

Kirby said:

While the last thing I want to do is lynch the wrong person I'm at odds for information. I don't know whether to keep my vote or push it onto someone else as it will be a shot in the dark.

Do you expect the mafia to reveal themselves? I'm starting to agree with flubbernugget. Unvote Clonehunter

Vote General Rainbow Bacon

Membrain said:

@Corsair: You were mafia last round, and you've been rather quiet since laying your vote on Clonehunter. Do you still think he's mafia? If not, who do you think is most likely scum this round?

In last game, you and Greyghost had your first guess right. So I do the same, and see what's coming. I would prefer status quo on lynches, but 2 Mafia players and 9 townsmen increases the margin of error in lynches.

I can still change my vote, but I try to observe. I can't instigate people well, unlike you do. Reason why I don't vote you, be it my blessing, or my curse.

Since we don't have much content to go on, I'm going to pose some questions for everyone to get started on. I really don't want to have a no-lynch night if we can help it.

1. GreyGhost: You were the last townie lynched as well as the insomniac last round.

2. Clonehunter: You were watching the last game. Did a particular power role stand out to you? If you got to choose, which sort of role would you play?

3. Kirby: You seem hesitant to make or switch votes. Since you say that you're afraid of lynching the wrong person, which power role do you feel would be the most catastrophic to have lynched?

4. CorSair: You were mafia last round and avoided getting caught by being silent. Do you think that would help this round, based on what you've seen? Why or why not?

5. FreddBoy: You were mafia last round. If you had that role again, who would you choose to night kill based on what's been said? That is, who seems to be most dangerous to the mafia?

7. General Rainbow Bacon: You were the investigator last round. If you still had that role, who would you want to investigate overnight and why?

8. flubbernugget: We had quite the fun bout last round, but this time you seem to be slightly quieter. Since you were town last round and much more active, this makes me a wee bit suspicious. On the other hand, you could also be quieter because our discussion essentially acted as a cover for the mafia. If you were the doctor this round, who would you protect and why?

9. stewboy: You said that you would not want to vote if you weren't fairly sure of who you wanted lynched. Do you feel like changing votes paints you out to be mafia? If not, why does making a random initial vote cause you distress?

10. Doominator2: You were very quick to make a vote based on little evidence. Do you feel as if a post's content or the actual game actions of players are more important for rooting out the mafia?

11. Krispy: You were also watching last game when silence helped the mafia win. If you were playing the last game, who do you think should have been lynched first, assuming that you didn't have the results of either lynching or from the end of the game?

Ah, damn it. Forums started acting funny.

anyway, since I accidentally posted before finishing a question for Greyghost, I'll just add it here:

Greyghost, if you were the insomniac this round and saw someone come by your house in the night, who do you think it would be, and why? To be clear, I am asking whether you think the doctor, psychopath, or detective seems more likely to visit you.

Membrain said:

8. flubbernugget: We had quite the fun bout last round, but this time you seem to be slightly quieter. Since you were town last round and much more active, this makes me a wee bit suspicious. On the other hand, you could also be quieter because our discussion essentially acted as a cover for the mafia. If you were the doctor this round, who would you protect and why?

I am slightly quieter for the reason you stated, but my phone has also recently been screwy, and that was the main way I was browsing Doomworld.

Right now, if I were the doctor, I would protect you because you keep finding ways to keep the game going. That being said, I highly suggest the detective investigates Membrain tonight. If he isn't mafia, he would be a huge asset to us for this reason. We just need to find a way to prove it without the cop getting killed for revealing his role.

I would also suggest that anyone asking questions asks them, but doesn't state why they're asking. We may catch a few Freudian slips that way ;)

Membrain said:

Ah, damn it. Forums started acting funny.

Long pauses between web pages? I've been getting a lot of that over the last few days. Damn mafia saboteurs.

Greyghost, if you were the insomniac this round and saw someone come by your house in the night, who do you think it would be, and why? To be clear, I am asking whether you think the doctor, psychopath, or detective seems more likely to visit you.

With my luck it would be the mafia, but of the three you mentioned I'd say most likely the psychopath playing amateur detective.