Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linkrulezall

How to make mowing the lawn fun?

MajorRawne said:

a bit like leading a pig with a carrot on a stick

Do they use pigs for farm work/cart pulling in your neck of the woods? O_o

Nomad said:

This. Sabotage the lawn and convince the parental units to plant a vegetable garden instead.

Then he'll get the weeding and the digging of holes and the watering thing and other assorted gardening things to do. The parental units might take care of that shit but it could backfire. I'd rather just mow the damned lawn. :p

Maes said:

Do they use pigs for farm work/cart pulling in your neck of the woods? O_o

Warning! Minecraft virgin detected! ;)

Just get off your arse and do it. I find if I focus just a little of my attention on the actual mowing and then think about something that intrigues me (the scale of the universe, watching an Earthrise on the moon, Pop-Tarts, etc.) it really does make the mowing go by that much faster.

Membrain said:

Here, use this:

Big Blue

Thanks for that, with some YT magic it let me discover Saitama Saisyu Heiki.

Edit: Holy fuck

baronofheck82 said:

Just get off your arse and do it. I find if I focus just a little of my attention on the actual mowing and then think about something that intrigues me (the scale of the universe, watching an Earthrise on the moon, Pop-Tarts, etc.) it really does make the mowing go by that much faster.

This would have been very helpful if you had said it yesterday, since the lawn is already mowed and now there's a massive downpour going on here. Seriously, it looks like the theoretical God accidentally busted a massive fire hydrant above this town.

But seriously folks, THIS is the #1 lawn mowing simulator:

they should add another attribute: willingness to do chore. if it reaches 0 the player runs in and plays video games. the way to raise that is by portable game systems that appear.

1. Don't mow the grass, let it grow out and become a foot high.

2. Cover all the windows in your house.

3. Start an at-home daycare

4. Invite random people each day to use your driveway as a parking spot.

5. ???

Hire an illegal immigrant, they'll get it done 3 times faster and 3 times cheaper. And yes, I realise you aren't being paid. They're even cheaper than that.

Don't listen to headphones. If you overcompensate the volume so you can hear it over your mowing, you'll hurt your ears.

my lawn is pretty small; takes like 15 minutes. Dragging the mower from the backyard to the front then back again sucks though.