Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheCastle

The making of The Earth Base

I still regard NRFTL as one of my favourite level sets ever made, and that's ignoring the Official status. They are eventually getting converted to PSX style as a side project to PSX Doom: The Lost Levels, so I hope you guys enjoy the eventual result!

Side note: I was always hoping Nerve would also port Heretic, Hexen and Quake to consoles, I really liked those Doom/Wolf 3D ports.

I still laugh everytime I see that one monster closet on Vivisection :p

Ragnor said:

I still regard NRFTL as one of my favourite level sets ever made, and that's ignoring the Official status. They are eventually getting converted to PSX style as a side project to PSX Doom: The Lost Levels, so I hope you guys enjoy the eventual result!

Side note: I was always hoping Nerve would also port Heretic, Hexen and Quake to consoles, I really liked those Doom/Wolf 3D ports.

I still laugh everytime I see that one monster closet on Vivisection :p

I am carious to know how PSX version of those levels works out!

Know what would have been super awesome is if we did Ports for Heretic, Hexen and Quake each with a new Episode of its own. Damnit, why didn't I think of this while I still had a job? :/

As a doom addict since around '96, I'd just like to say NRFTL measures up to the legacy of id, in my eyes.

Vorpal said:

As a doom addict since around '96, I'd just like to say NRFTL measures up to the legacy of id, in my eyes.

Its going to be interesting to live up to that when I make my next GZDoom level. XD

FuzzballFox said:

Not to stir hate but I lost interest the moment "Brutal Doom" was mentioned... >: Sorry

Brutal Doom, so many hate it, so many love it. In the end, its a pretty damn amazing mod. I feel it represents what a strong community can create.

Jaxxoon R said:

NRFTL + Complete artistic freedom?

I didn't feel limited at all while working on NRFTL. It was a very liberating experience actually.

ie why it wont run on vanilla engines, its limit removing :p

Anyway, now that you've mentioned it, I'd love to see what you and the other NRFTL designer can come up with for the other Doom Engine games, provided you still make stuff together of course.

Hmm. This all reminds me, I still havent finished off the PS3 Doom port...and NRFTL was next on the list of campaigns to do.

Ragnor said:

ie why it wont run on vanilla engines, its limit removing :p

Anyway, now that you've mentioned it, I'd love to see what you and the other NRFTL designer can come up with for the other Doom Engine games, provided you still make stuff together of course.

Hmm. This all reminds me, I still havent finished off the PS3 Doom port...and NRFTL was next on the list of campaigns to do.

Yeah I had our coder up the limits on the engine so we could do anything we wanted. As far as working together anymore, I am working alone now. I think those days are over. Who knows though.