Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireFish

92 year old christopher lee, metal album release.

The 92 years old actor Christopher Lee has released a metal album based around the character Don quixote. He claims Don Quixote is the most metal character possible as he tries to change the world all on his own.

Christopher lee is the actor whom played and might be best known for the character count Dooku in Starwars, and from Lord of the rings.

To me this seems to be an intense an even amazing thing for a man of his age to do. I was awe struck reading the number '92', and 'releases metal album'. I would never even have expected this Shakespeare style based classic actor to be into metal at all.

Christopher lee about the album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-DTNRoL95o

The video might have been recorded LONG before the actual release, thus he looks younger in this.

*i can not embed with the [yt] tags it fails every time.
* edit, removed an Epic Fail typo...

I'll definitely be checking this out. He did narration for Rhapsody of Fire too. :D

I fucking love this band.

He has done everything, he even enlisted to fight winter war in 1939 but was only in guard duty for a week behind frontlines, because volunteers were not allowed to fight.

FireFish said:

I would never even have expected this Shakespeare style based classic actor to be into metal at all

Any real metal band worth their salt has at least one song from classic literature. The two are very much inter-related.

Bucket said:

This is his third metal album, I think.

I know he did one about King Charlemagne to which he is a descendent of.

Really cool heroic-type metal, I dig it man, thanks for sharing this with us!

TheCupboard said:

His oration capabilities are up there with Patrick Stewart's.

Seconded.

AirRaid said:

Tell you what, he looks fucking good for 92 years old.

I have several family members in their 90s. After about 70, you stop aging in terms of looks. My mother's 95 year old uncle still has a lot of dark hair with very few grays.

As for him releasing a metal album, that's fucking awesome he's still so able.

Cool that a 92 year old can still do stuff, but the wording in this thread bugs me. Did he write any of the music? Did he play any of the instruments? From what I've read, he's a singer. This isn't pop music where the singer takes credit for everything but does nothing.

He is one of the singers. The more high pitched screams and singing are done by somebody else.

But every media post anywhere writes it the same way, because nobody anywhere would pay attention to 'name you never heard of' released a metal record.

The eye-catchers are the fact that he is 92 years old, and part of a metal band.

TimeOfDeath said:

Cool that a 92 year old can still do stuff, but the wording in this thread bugs me. Did he write any of the music? Did he play any of the instruments? From what I've read, he's a singer. This isn't pop music where the singer takes credit for everything but does nothing.

I'm not positive, but from the sounds of it he's the guy responsible for bringing all the musicians, songwriters, etc. together, and directing the mood/style of the album, as well as the being singer. So it's his "production" in that sense, and not quite the same thing as a singer who's name and face are on the cover of a pop album, when they only showed up to look pretty.