Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kontra Kommando

+DONTHARMSPEICES Flag is not working.

I'm certainly puzzled as to why this flag is not working. Attached is a screenshot of the issue. In Slade, the flag is not highlighted to indicate that it works. I'm doing something wrong here.

Update SLADE or its configs (if a version with the flag, and other new keywords, even exists). That's it. It doesn't mean that the flag won't work ingame.

Besides, what about DONTHURTSPECIES?

scifista42 said:

Update SLADE or its configs

Beta 5 of SLADE was released just a week or so ago. Except for a few very recent ZDoom features, the included configs should be up-to-date, so you might want to grab it (for that, and of course, the new features and fixes).

Link to the WAD:

EDIT: link deleted

I'm still struggling with this issue. Despite my efforts, the enemies are still killing one another. The main issue seems to be with the facehuggers. Its The pool of acid they leave behind( The actor is called acidspit4, and it is found in the Doomimp replacement, the Acid Spitting Drone's decorate file). When the facehuggers die, their acid blood hurts the other xenomorphs.

I find it strange because it seems to work with the other xenomorphs. They all spawn the item, Acidspit4 after death.

Moreover, the combat synthetics are shooting one another.

Also, I tried to install the new Slade beta, but I keep getting an error message saying msvcr120.dll is missing. The file, is not actually missing. I see it in my System32 folder. I even downloaded a new one, and copied and pasted it in the folder. Yet I'm still receiving this message.

Kontra Kommando said:

I find it strange because it seems to work with the other xenomorphs. They all spawn the item, Acidspit4 after death.

I checked the source code for this, and if I'm reading it right, it'd seem that the firing/spawning monster's presence in the game (whether dead or alive) is checked upon at the time when trying to inflict the splash damage.

Each time a splash damage is to be inflicted, the game checks for the presence of the DONTHARM* flags on the source (the spawning/firing monster, in this case). If the source doesn't exist in the game, the check fails, and the game proceed and hurt whoever in there in the splash area.

Unlike other monsters, your Facehugger doesn't leave a corpse on death; it spawns this acid thing and disappears from the game. If you end its death sequence with an infinite duration, thus making it stay in the game, it should work.

Moreover, the combat synthetics are shooting one another.

The DONTHARM* flags are only relevant in the case of splash (explosive) damage. Those monsters use hitscan attacks.

Blue Shadow said:

I checked the source code for this, and if I'm reading it right, it'd seem that the firing/spawning monster's presence in the game (whether dead or alive) is checked upon at the time when trying to inflict the splash damage.

Each time a splash damage is to be inflicted, the game checks for the presence of the DONTHARM* flags on the source (the spawning/firing monster, in this case). If the source doesn't exist in the game, the check fails, and the game proceed and hurt whoever in there in the splash area.

Unlike other monsters, your Facehugger doesn't leave a corpse on death; it spawns this acid thing and disappears from the game. If you end its death sequence with an infinite duration, thus making it stay in the game, it should work.

The DONTHARM* flags are only relevant in the case of splash (explosive) damage. Those monsters use hitscan attacks.

Thanks dude, once again, you've really helped me! I created SKUL U -1 at the bottom, and it did the trick.

Perhaps for the synth, instead of a hitscan, i can create an invisible projectile. But can it be as rapid fire as what I have currently?