Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Venk

changing doomguys face

Tell me, how difficult would it be to take doomguys hud face sprites and replace them with my own face?

Not difficult at all, if you have the proper graphics prepared. Use SLADE3 to add the graphics in your PWAD, they should have the same name as the respective IWAD graphics to properly replace them.

Doomguy's face graphics all have a STF prefix, they are STFST00,01,02, etc., you'll see it in the wad editor.

I won't advise you how to actually create nice graphics of your own face, though. :)

What about photos of myself posing in the same movements as the doomguy sprites

Venk said:

What about photos of myself posing in the same movements as the doomguy sprites

If you have the enthusiasm and patience to take a photo of all the angles, resize the photos to a scale of a few pixels while making it looking good (preferably better than Doomguy himself, so that "other-than-you" players could enjoy the new graphics too) - of course, go for it. I wish you good luck - honestly I don't envy you all this extra work, but perhaps you'll succeed to make it worth the effort and I'll admire you then. If you don't think you will, I recommend letting it be for the better.

The wad "Beyond Reality" has a HUD face from photos of the author I think, and it worked. So I'm not downright discouraging you, custom faces certainly have been done. ;)

scifista42 said:

The wad "Beyond Reality" has a HUD face from photos of the author I think, and it worked.

X-D Oh trust me, that's not Jackie's face in there. I might see if he'll do the idea in future though, it sounds right up his alley.

Obsidian said:

X-D Oh trust me, that's not Jackie's face in there. I might see if he'll do the idea in future though, it sounds right up his alley.

I thought that someone in his thread was asking if the HUD face is his (Jack101's) face and he answered that yes, I either misremember, or didn't get the sarcasm and thought it's actually a brilliant graphic edit of his face. :)