Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Sniper Elite 2 is free on steam

Heh, they seem to be really desperate: Not only is Sniper Elite 3 20 % off on pre-purchase, but now this as well? If previous pre-purchase discounts on other games are anything to go by, SE3 is most likely going to be a bit fat stinker.

Sniper Elite V2 is genuinely a very good game though, and if anyone doesn't have it, they should try it out.

Shooting Nazis in the Face 3D!

The trailer makes it look like it has too many cutscenes, but maybe that's just the trailer being annoying.

Thanks for the heads up! Free is free. I expect a poor game, but even so, playing a turd every once in a while makes you appreciate how good some other games can be.

Don't know nothing about no Sniper Elite, but I picked it up anyway because I'm a game glutton like that. Might be interesting to give it a try though.

Ha I just bought it in a bundle. I have the first one too. Never played it.

Aliotroph? said:

Shooting Nazis in the Face 3D!

The trailer makes it look like it has too many cutscenes, but maybe that's just the trailer being annoying.

You can adjust the frequency of the "Bullet cam" things, but they are very awesome. You get a cool X-ray effect showing which internal organs you hit, and bonus points for hitting vitals. See this screenshot

geekmarine said:

Don't know nothing about no Sniper Elite, but I picked it up anyway because I'm a game glutton like that. Might be interesting to give it a try though.

It's not a Turd. It's a good game.

Seriously I paid like £10 or something for it and was very happy with it. Even got me to buy the co-op zombie version they brought out after (which is also decent with a couple of buddies)

geo said:

Ha I just bought it in a bundle. I have the first one too. Never played it.

Turns out I bought Sniper Ghost Warrior 2. Different than Sniper Elite 2.

J.B.R said:

Too bad it's Steam because otherwise i would buy it.

Yah, even free games on Steam suck major testicles.

C30N9 said:

It's not free anymore. What happened?

The promotion ended. Kind of funny. You'd think they'd be more likely to make a game about shooting Nazis free on D-Day.

Can we ever talk about Steam without someone having to go out there all self-righteously proclaiming how Steam is the worst thing ever and how goddamn proud they are that they don't use it? I just... I don't understand the Steam hate. Whatever problems it may or may not have, I don't understand why it's so important to loudly declare how much it sucks and how you're such a goddamn superior person because you haven't been suckered in like all those other sheeple.

Steam has its flaws, no doubt about that.

However, it revived the PC as a legitimate gaming platform so I'm not keen on bashing it by default.

Steam's biggest flaw is the UI doesn't scale, so it's illegible if you have bad eyes or a high-res display. It also closes when it can't connect instead of trying again. Usually when it closes due to a connection problem I open it again right away and it works. Stupid.

Steam has it's share of little problems but none of them are major enough to turn me off, Plus its benefits far outweigh the negatives (Constant huge sales, easy to join friends ingame, group chat and other social features, workshop for a lot of games)