Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Why does this video have over a million views?

I don't get it, it's just 4 min of somebody yelling fuck while playing the game. And yet, its got almost a million views and almost everybody likes it. Why did this video out of all the good Doom videos become so super popular?

It's a popular youtube channel so it is of course going to get a massive amount of views. Now that I have answered that question, answer me this; why the fuck did you need to ask this pointless question when you could have answered it yourself by thinking a little?

The real question is why does it have less than a million views if the guy has over 7 million subscribers.

Memfis said:

The real question is why does it have less than a million views if the guy has over 7 million subscribers.

Average gamer of today possibly, the type who only cares about how a game looks etc. Not interested in classic games so doesn't bother watching it, possibly wanks over CoD IGN reviews.

BaronOfStuff said:

RQ'ing on Underhalls. 1% health on Underhalls. This has to be some sort of shit joke.

Is he playing on Ultra Violence or Nightmare? Because I've died on Underhalls on those skills a few times... the shotgunners are fucking brutal.

I do not get the point from his i am angry while playing act.
is he ridiculing doom because he sucks at it, or is he actually that bad at playing this game ?

Like somebody implied he might be a graphics freak, or... well...

BaronOfStuff said:

RQ'ing on Underhalls. 1% health on Underhalls. This has to be some sort of shit joke.

It's either NM or -fast. Underhalls is VICIOUS on those settings, one of the worst maps in the entire continuous run.

dew said:

It's either NM or -fast.

He's on nightmare because there is no way to put the -fast command line in the XBLA port.

Springy said:

It's a popular youtube channel so it is of course going to get a massive amount of views. Now that I have answered that question, answer me this; why the fuck did you need to ask this pointless question when you could have answered it yourself by thinking a little?

The question is not pointless. There are lots of good Doom vidoes on youtube, and yet most have only a handful of views, with the more luckier ones having perhaps a few dozen thousand, and the most popular ones a hundred or so thousand.

But this guy just records a vidoe of himself playing the game while yelling fuck and shit, and gets a million views. I don't get it.

EDIT: Also the fact he has 7 million subscribes still doesn't explain why the video has such a high rating. Do these people actually enjoy listening to 4 min of cursing over gameplay footage or something?

Oh no, people over the internet different than me like to do stuff I'm not able to understand! Oh, the humanity!

Doominator2 said:

He's on nightmare because there is no way to put the -fast command line in the XBLA port.

which is apparently just -respawn with a softer version of fast without the fastball pitch fireballs.

Memfis said:

I am a paid YouTube partner and I will rat the fuck out the entire popular larger YouTuber community to answer your question.

There is no possible way to actually earn that many subscribers so they just "buy" them. They literally purchase the ability to be one of the channels people can be automatically subscribed to when they make a new YouTube account and considering how many accounts that are created simply for botting or trolling purposes that can be very lucrative in AdSense terms. YouTube is the most efficient money scam that has every fucking happened.

When I signed my network contract and was accepted, I was given this option, and can still sign up to do it at anytime. That's how he gets so many subscribers, because he bought them and most of them are bots.

That was the most lethargic nightmare mode I've ever seen. No way that had a -fast switch enabled on it; pinky and fireball speed was way too slow.

So yeah, dude sucks / go back to skill 1 / etc.

BlueFeena said:

That was the most lethargic nightmare mode I've ever seen. No way that had a -fast switch enabled on it; pinky and fireball speed was way too slow.

So yeah, dude sucks / go back to skill 1 / etc.

Nightmare! on the XBLA version is an oddity. The "-fast" switch only affects how frequently monsters attack. Everything else (fireball/Demon speed) remains the same as ever. It's somewhere between UV and Nightmare!, really. Something like "Slightly Unpleasant Dream".

This thread is up to 275 and it sucks pretty hard, so that's got be some sort of indicator

Here's my question. How the hell does THIS have almost 70K views?
There's a second part to this, and it doesn't even have 5% of the views the first part has.

This is why I stay away from most of the insanely popular LP channels. That's all they've got: "Scream expletives because profit"

Still, this isn't as frustrating to watch as this.

Revved said:

Here's my question. How the hell does THIS have almost 70K views?
There's a second part to this, and it doesn't even have 5% of the views the first part has.

Heh, I remember being surprised by that too. Well, it's a video of a guy punching out mancubuses after all, so I imagine it might impress even some non-doomers. Most likely it was shared on some entertainment website or so and that's where the most views come from. That happens often with japanese vids for example: I stumble upon some video, it has like 4-6 comments but 30 000 views or something. So the views must be coming from some other website which is used to view it I think.

Here is a real Doom LP

Kikoskia is pretty good.

CHAAAAIIINGUN!

Meanwhile, Ross's informative, thoughtful, and entertaining review of Strife is sitting at roughly 30,000 views as of me checking right now. Oy, that's just sad.

doh. so why does this video have over 2 billion views?

as if one can expect random people browsing youtube to have a clue about playing doom. they came for the dude's hilarious rage, not for his playing skills.

hey, at least people watch doom that way and might decide to play it.