Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmxexii

Doomed: Doom WAD Reviews Tumblr

http://doomwads.tumblr.com/

I made this awhile ago when I saw someone on NeoGAF complain that my blog wasn't in Tumblr. You might have noticed it if you frequent my blog and saw the feed in the upper-right hand corner of the site. It still isn't Tumblrized (I won't do that), but my goal is to update it whenever my blog updates, whether it's a new post or a stealth-update like new screenshots or additional levels like Pirate Doom bumps. At the very least, you can enjoy the screenshots!

Read title as "Doomed" being the name of a particular PWAD that was going to be reviewing Tumblr. Well, this topic is a little disappointing. :p

Phml said:

Read title as "Doomed" being the name of a particular PWAD that was going to be reviewing Tumblr.

I suppose that could be arranged

Well, this gives WAD reviews a bit of a modern look, huh?

Still doesn't beat the look of nostalgic 90's-esque simple-html webpages.

But the modernity of it does make it easier to navigate.

All this really did was remind me to play KBOOM again... So uh, mission accomplished in my eyes!

Snakes said:

All this really did was remind me to play KBOOM again... So uh, mission accomplished in my eyes!

Yeah KBOOM is Hell of cool

Is it possible to make so all posts would begin at the same ummm... height? I think this really hurts the readability.

Memfis said:

Is it possible to make so all posts would begin at the same ummm... height? I think this really hurts the readability.

I changed it to grid recently to see whether I liked it or not but yeah it does look like an eyesore without any kind of equal spacing. Switched it back to a normal single column.

It looks really cool. One thing I like about Tumblr is the visual impact it creates at first sight. Congratulations

And it's been a while since I visited your blog last time. It's great to see that you already started with the reviews on Odessa. I'm eagerly waiting for the other ones.

Zed said:

It looks really cool. One thing I like about Tumblr is the visual impact it creates at first sight. Congratulations

And it's been a while since I visited your blog last time. It's great to see that you already started with the reviews on Odessa. I'm eagerly waiting for the other ones.

Thanks. Odessa has been ready to be posted for awhile but I like pacing my reviews. The fact that it, KBOOM, and the UCA series had been sitting in the queue forever got to me so it's getting mainlined.

Very cool reviews and nicely taken screenshots.

I'm also on Neogaf, did you post in that big doom community thread?

SlashBane said:

Very cool reviews and nicely taken screenshots.

I'm also on Neogaf, did you post in that big doom community thread?

No, someone linked my review blog and I followed the link back through my Blogger traffic source thing to the thread in question. I don't think I even knew NeoGAF existed until then TBH

Phml said:

Read title as "Doomed" being the name of a particular PWAD that was going to be reviewing Tumblr.

Now that shit would be the motherfucking ass

SlashBane said:

Ah alright.

Yeah it's pretty cool you did that.

Thanks, it wasn't that hard to do so if it helps anyone out I'm happy to do it.

gemini09 said:

Love the crab :D

My choice of wording might have been poor - the crab is from a Neo Geo game called Crossed Swords.

Cool reviews, some days ago i started following you in tumblr :P
i'll link your page in my site in next update (that means some day this year, lol)

Ledillman said:

Cool reviews, some days ago i started following you in tumblr :P
i'll link your page in my site in next update (that means some day this year, lol)

Thanks for reading!

kmxexii said:

http://doomwads.tumblr.com/

I made this awhile ago when I saw someone on NeoGAF complain that my blog wasn't in Tumblr. You might have noticed it if you frequent my blog and saw the feed in the upper-right hand corner of the site. It still isn't Tumblrized (I won't do that), but my goal is to update it whenever my blog updates, whether it's a new post or a stealth-update like new screenshots or additional levels like Pirate Doom bumps. At the very least, you can enjoy the screenshots!

I very seldom post on here, since I know absolutely nothing about mapping and thus, cannot contribute to these forums in any way. With that being said, I'm an avid Doom fan.

I adore Doom WADs and never go a day without playing one. I just saw your Tumblr and I really, really, REALLY like it. I could read your reviews for hours. They're so comprehensive and thorough. I hope you're always able to make them, because as long as you are - I'll never stop reading them.

Fournaridis said:

I very seldom post on here, since I know absolutely nothing about mapping and thus, cannot contribute to these forums in any way. With that being said, I'm an avid Doom fan.

I adore Doom WADs and never go a day without playing one. I just saw your Tumblr and I really, really, REALLY like it. I could read your reviews for hours. They're so comprehensive and thorough. I hope you're always able to make them, because as long as you are - I'll never stop reading them.

Thank you for reading! It's good to see the Tumblr blog drawing in a larger audience. As for whether reviews continue indefinitely, I hope I don't get burned out so bad that I end up stopping for good, but I've come back from breaks before! Supercool user-created content keeps bringing me back.

Aha, so you are the person who runs that. I found you through imx-doomer's reblogging.

Glaice said:

Aha, so you are the person who runs that. I found you through imx-doomer's reblogging.

Yeah, props to IMX, his reblogging made the follower count explode

I think I might copy your idea and make a Wad review tumblr of my own.

I originally wanted to review via video on youtube but I don't think that'd work out.

SlashBane said:

I think I might copy your idea and make a Wad review tumblr of my own.

I originally wanted to review via video on youtube but I don't think that'd work out.

The best thing that could happen is to get more people talking about Doom PWADs

kmxexii said:

The best thing that could happen is to get more people talking about Doom PWADs

I'm trying to do so at the moment. I've got a list of single player wads of 2013 I'm trying to play through and upload all playthroughs at the moment. I figure I would cut and snip them later to review each one.