Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrol1985

A HUGE Wolfenstein/Doom/Quake collection on Ebay

Doominator2 said:

Plush Pain Elementals exist!?

Yup, I've got one too. Along with that caco!

My God. Honestly if I ever won the lottery I guess I'd buy that, holy shit though. That's like everything ID related ever...

Possibly worth it for the long term investment in the eyes of a collector. Nonetheless I know nothing about what the value should be or what it will become. All I know is that I sure as hell can't afford it.

Reminds me of this thread about the German guy selling off various parts of his iD software collections (among others) for hundreds of dollars each.

I remember reading somewhere a theory that people put up these collections and prices without thinking anyone will really buy them, just to show off the collection. Impressive collection nonetheless.

Clonehunter said:

I remember reading somewhere a theory that people put up these collections and prices without thinking anyone will really buy them, just to show off the collection.

I remember that too. It would certainly seem to make more sense for a serious seller to sell the stuff piece by piece; there are some individual items there that I'd be interested in, but all of it together, and at that price? Nah.

Clonehunter said:

I remember reading somewhere a theory that people put up these collections and prices without thinking anyone will really buy them, just to show off the collection. Impressive collection nonetheless.

Very true. I think it's more along the lines of them thinking "I don't really want to sell my collection, but hey may as well put it up for a huge sum of money. If someone actually pays it awesome I make a fortune. If not oh well I get to show it off."

It's apparently a re-listing, with more stuff, after failing to find a buyer last November. Maybe it's just a vanity listing to show off a collection, in which case eBay's a good place to find an audience.

Nice collection, but not enough stuff I don't have to justify the price.

"Free Shipping"

Seriously though that is an extremely massive collection. I'm surprised he's selling it.

Or maybe he's putting such a high price tag as a stealth brag sort of thing.

GreyGhost said:

It's apparently a re-listing, with more stuff, after failing to find a buyer last November. Maybe it's just a vanity listing to show off a collection, in which case eBay's a good place to find an audience.

what of the collection do you have?

GreyGhost said:

You're right, I remember this collection now that you mention it. He must've added a lot because it was nowhere near this massive last time he put it up. He'd probably find someone to buy if it wasn't damn near $10,000.

reality 2.0 said:

what of the collection do you have?

I think it would be easier for him to answer with what he doesn't have. IIRC, he has a fantastic collection.

Wow, and I thought I was going a little overboard when I dropped the $5-$10 or whatever I paid for the Doom Classic collection on Steam just so I could get my hands on a copy of Master Levels. Then again I did end up losing my copy of the Doom Collector's Edition (long story there), so it ended up being a useful purchase (I really need to stop losing my Doom disks, I swear).

I cant even call myself a fan after looking at that... that is absolutely insane...

When you think of it 6500$ isn't much, imagine how much you would have to pay if you bought everything separately and someone indeed had that idea because its now sold.