Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting back into Doom and Doom II again after years. Looking for Doom Doom II Wad console utilities. Load up various Wads into a GUI and then select which Wad to load/play and also turn on/off various games options.

Recommendations appreciated - RG

Try Jdoom if you want some beefed up graphical enhancements. For ease of use though I would recommend ZDoom.

Yeah it's a good time to be a doomer, all the main engines are getting to the point where they're all pretty damn good. You can't really go wrong anymore...

I don't know. The perspective plays hell with my eyes.

Geez, 21 and I'm already going blind.

DC

If it's messing with your eyes, turn off the mouselook :)
I prefer [insert drumroll here] ZDoom. Why? Don't ask why, just download it, play and you'll see why.

ZDoom is another one that play well Doom games and maps.
And a new version will release soon.

Why should I sacrifice gameplay just because the port sucks? Legacy, EDGE, JDoom, they all do it right, why can't ZDoom?

In my opinion, if you want quality, you'll have to move between EDGE and one of the BOOMS(PR or GL).

DC

Doom-Child said:

Why should I sacrifice gameplay just because the port sucks? Legacy, EDGE, JDoom, they all do it right, why can't ZDoom?

w o r d

Shaviro said:

ZDOOM has excellent gammeplay you hippies :)

For me it doesn't, partly because the sound and grahics are rooted. Sometimes the sound plays like trying to play Vanilla Doom on WinXP. :P

What exactly is this 'gameplay difference' people say ZDoom has?

I honestly don't notice any difference between the original doom(2).exe, and ZDoom with mouselook disabled on 320x200 (plus all other special graphical features turned off)...

SlayeR said:

What exactly is this 'gameplay difference' people say ZDoom has?

Basically, the controls and movement are way off (as far as the player is concerned). I don't notice different behavior with enemies though.

SlayeR said:

Funny, I don't notice any difference in movement/controls...

Heh, well, pay closer attention :P

Or better yet, just play back a vanilla doom demo in ZDoom and see how out-of-sync it gets.

Lüt said:

Or better yet, just play back a vanilla doom demo in ZDoom and see how out-of-sync it gets.

Hmmm, theres a point, but most source ports don't support the original demos anyway... or are they just deciding not to play the demos?

SlayeR said:

Hmmm, theres a point, but most source ports don't support the original demos anyway... or are they just deciding not to play the demos?

ZDoom decides not to, the console tells you they would desync horribly.

Sorry ya'll.... but Zdoom is mah bread and butter, dawgs. Dat port seems to be da illest one so far, and will DEFINATELY be da best once it implements Doomscript.

esco: Why do you keep coming back when you're not wanted? If you have any respect for doomworld and/or it's admins/moderators, then you should stay away. They have from time to time banned you and stated you were not wanted. You were banned for a reason.

Little Faith: I wasn't Ip banned dawg, Ling just disabled mah last account..... I'm not quite sure why da fuck he decided to just ban it like dat, seeing as how lots of other peeps have posted much more, and even fucked with da forums and ain't gotten there nicks banned for it........... but oh well! I ain't too concerned about it.

............ and I'm at work right now, NOT sitting at home stoned, and bored outta mah fuckin mind at 3AM on a Saurday night.... so it's all good!

P.S. thanks for da support dawg, it is appreciated! ¦]-~

Don't do the trick that Ling got you banned on again. Ling clearly doesn't like it. It was one of the reason why Orion got banned (the other being his endless drug banter) and Fredrik is also in deep shit for the same reason.

I was also incriminated for doing one of the same things on the polls forum, but I got cleared. Please behave this time. The admins are aggro right at the moment.

Don't do the trick that Ling got you banned on again. Ling clearly doesn't like it. It was one of the reason why Orion got banned (the other being his endless drug banter) and Fredrik is also in deep shit for the same reason.

I was also incriminated for doing one of the same things on the polls forum, but I got cleared. Please behave this time. The admins are aggro right at the moment

It wasn't no trick dawg, I just posted a whole bunch of replies, which I had been meanin to post at work! Unfortunately for mah dumb ass, I was a wee bit stoned (OK, OK... I was literally a walkin smokestack at da time) so I got a little crazy wit it. I still don't seehow dat was bad enough to get mah nick banned again, considerin how many other peeps have spammed MUCH worse than dat before and got away with it. I've never even spammed da forums at all before. I already aplogized to Ling for it anyways.

..... and why da flip are da admins "aggro" at da moment anyways? Lüt don't seem pissed at all, neither does Zaldron.

Meowth.... er maonth: I would pretend I care what you think and reply to ya..... but I don't, so blow me.

Then you were just plain unlucky. I have adopted a cautious approach to posting because of the recent events. It's basically something about only answering to half the post where you had something to say and then head over to another forum.

The fact that I am no multiplayer (and therefore doen't post much in the muliplayer section) has saved my butt a number of times.

Yeah... probably... it just kinda surprised mah ass though!

I AM BANNED BECAUSE I PISSED LING OFF AND I AM A DUMBASS