Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaviro

DOOM Lives! Teaser trailer inside.

Blast it, you beat me to it!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT LIVES! IT LIIIIIIVEES.

Ok, now lets dissect the trailer.

I'm not sure what to make of the design but that door sound was a really cool touch.

EDIT:

Is it just me or is the door at 0:58 a remake of BIGDOOR2?!!

Interesting reveal of the big cyber boy, but I'm unsure whether their return to Doom 3's style of darkness and dread (judging solely based off the teaser, mind you) is a good thing. I guess I'll have to wait until the full unveil to see if this game will be worthy of the "Doom" handle.

Basically jizzed when the Doom Door sound came in, but I'm no holding my breath otherwise. Time will tell, now. But, at least we have something to look at.

I'm impressed it's potentially going to see the light of day. I wasn't looking forward to any games in the near future, but now something has made my list. Low expectations for this, but I wouldn't mind a good surprise.

Clonehunter said:

Basically jizzed when the Doom Door sound came in

THIS!

It's ALIVE! THE GAME IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, can't wait for Quakecon!

dobu gabu maru said:

Interesting reveal of the big cyber boy, but I'm unsure whether their return to Doom 3's style of darkness and dread (judging solely based off the teaser, mind you) is a good thing. I guess I'll have to wait until the full unveil to see if this game will be worthy of the "Doom" handle.

People have already pointed out that the Doom door sound is there, but what impresses me even more is that the door even LOOKS like the one from the original Doom. I do wonder though if this is just an easter egg in trailer or if they will actually use doors like that in the game.

I my reaction was completely different. I actually felt that the trailer wasn't dark enough. It reminded me too much of Gears of war: dark, but more in a fantasy lords of the rings way dark, rather then Doom 3 like dark.

In my opinion Doom 3's dark and dreadful style was easily one of the best things about the game. It's the only thing that prevented it from just being a mediocre shooter. Take the dark and dreadful atmosphere away from Doom 3 and you take away like 75% of the game.

I really hope that Doom 4 combines the Doom 3 atmosphere with classic Doom gameplay. I would be very glad to have some kind of a modern Doom 64 style game.

Take a closer look at the demon's gun - it has a UAC logo on it :D

Something tells me id Software wants to please the old-school fans. I hope I'm right! :D

I think it looks cool!

Here's a transcript of the dialogue from the teaser if someone cares to disect it :)

"We were standing on the edge of discovery. A powerful technology with infinite possibilities. Instead, we let them in. Fused in unholy union of flesh and metal. Now, this brave new world has gone to hell."

I can't believe it, 'wish they had been able to show it at E3! I really didn't expect to come across it at IGN.
I really hope they have a lot more of it in store at Quakecon.

Patrol1985 said:

Take a closer look at the demon's gun - it has a UAC logo on it :D

Something tells me id Software wants to please the old-school fans. I hope I'm right! :D

I actually rather like that part because it explains how the demons got their weapons. One thing that never made much sense to me in the original Dooms is how the demons were able to master human technology. It would make sense that the demons got it from stolen UAC hardware.

Just came here to see if this was already posted. Of course it was...

That's one badass demon... but is that the new Cyb? Looks cool. I do like some of the sounds, especially the door having that oldschool noise but will that be in the actual game.. hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Must have some actual gameply footage.

Considering that they only call it by DOOM, it will me most likely a reboot than a sequel to Doom 2 or 3.

This cyberdemon looks cool.

Unholy union of flesh and metal! HOLY FUCK thats the sentence to sum up DOOM. ARGH!!! I've been waiting for this day for so fucking long.

Chris Hansen said:

I think it looks cool!

Here's a transcript of the dialogue from the teaser if someone cares to disect it :)

"We were standing on the edge of discovery. A powerful technology with infinite possibilities. Instead, we let them in. Fused in unholy union of flesh and metal. Now, this brave new world has gone to hell."

It sounds like they are just repeating the same old story about the demons getting in our world because of teleportation experiments going wrong. I wonder if the game is suppose to be a sequel to Doom 3 or just takes place in a completely different universe. I remember reading it somewhere a long time ago that it wasn't a sequel but not a reboot either.

EDIT: Then I remember the news about the original planned Doom being scrapped and work starting a new. Yea with that taken into consideration it is very possible that this is just a remake like Doom 3 was. I would not mind seeing another remake of the classic UAC teleport disaster though, to be honest. It should be interesting to see how the handle it compared to Doom 3.

Don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit don't be shit

Please?

it is rumoured bethesda / zenimax will show much more on and about the game at the new quakecon of this year.

It is not a rumor, it is fact.

What do you think about the art style? By the sound and looks of the door I get they are trying to make it close to the originals? However, I am not quite convinced by the Cyberdemon...it could also be a Mancubus for all we know.

It's not Doom 4, it's just Doom, so it's going to be a reboot, I think.
Btw, Cyberdemon is too small, I think.

Two words: Holy. Fuck.
That is all.

Even if it sucks, I will still buy it and who knows, maybe the Doom community will make an unofficial sequel using Ascension assets to sate our desire.