Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've spent the last 3 days developing a "mini-doom2-expansion" composed of 3 maps (ewdoom0.zip). Eventually, ewdoom0 will become ewdoom1 and so on.

Observations:

• I.: The link's on mediafire and this is the available option.
  • II.: The file has over 16 MB due to the fact that it has three custom music files composed by me in the .mp3 format.
  • III.: No, the files could not be further compressed (Audio quality preservation).
  • IV.: If you don't want to spend 2 minutes more of your time downloading it and want to keep oldschool feelings concerning filesizes, this PWAD is not for you (Not MIDI).
  • V.: If you enjoy it or just think it sucks in many aspects, I'll be glad to know it.
DOWNLOAD Link <<<

MAP01:

MAP02:

MAP03:

Oh hey Teller! Nice to see you here.
Anyways, levels are decent, health was a bit scarce on map01, the beginning of map02 and map03 were really harsh, where you IMMEDIATELY fight a bunch of monsters in a cramped space so I ended up dying several times on my first go on this. Especially map02 where it was hard to see. That's all I got for now.

EDIT: I sent you a PM by the way.

Darsycho said:

Oh hey Teller! Nice to see you here.
Anyways, levels are decent, health was a bit scarce on map01, the beginning of map02 and map03 were really harsh, where you IMMEDIATELY fight a bunch of monsters in a cramped space so I ended up dying several times on my first go on this. Especially map02 where it was hard to see. That's all I got for now.

Thank you very much Darsycho! I've played them several times while I was developing in order to be sure that it was possible to finnish without extreme difficulty, but not without dying as well. Nevertheless, I've found the whole experience "too enclosed", or, that all the time there were a lot of monsters. Next time I'll try to combine open and close environments, and places with no monsters at all. By the way, your work is awesome :). Maybe we could work in a WAD sometime.

Judging by the shots it looks good and classy at the same time, I'll let you know what I think about them later.

Not bad, though map03 crashes me at start saying "unused linedefs".

You should get in a habit of labeling exits because...REASONS!.

Anyways I found some texture problems here and there like the stair texture in the middle of the start room on map02.

Other then that the difficulty was pretty good and the rooms weren't bad looking either.