Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

Doom 3 Article in my local newspaper

That's right, and I'm going to quote it here, because it contains something that I was not aware of...

Id Software's Doom III previewed inside the Doom Room, a custom-built theater designed specifically for the 11-minute game demonstration.
Imagine a realistic 3-D shooter played from a first-person prespective fused with a disturbing horror theme, not unlike the Resident Evil games.
The graphics were so good they rivaled those used in computer-generated movie and television animations. Combine them with 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound (with effects created by Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor) and a good story line (from a professional script writer) and the result is nothing less that breathtaking.

So Doom III's story is going to be done by a professional script writer? Have any other details been released on the path the story will take other than that it is set on Mars?

*source : the Democrat and Chronical*

I read that article online a few days ago. Can't remember where, though.

And yes, Mr. whats-his-name horror writer contributed to the story of Doom. I'm sure someone will come up with his name in one of the post below this one.

That's kind of scary, don't you think? I mean all "professional" means is that they're paid for it. The guy who scripted Jason X is a professional script writer, for example. I'm hoping they got somebody that won't write some stupid B movie story just because this game is going to be horror-oriented. That would soooooo suck.

A few posts before it was about the writer or something. Thats also old news. I am not the only one posting "old" news:p

bigbadgangsta said:

So Doom III's story is going to be done by a professional script writer? Have any other details been released on the path the story will take other than that it is set on Mars?

*source : the Democrat and Chronical*

Dude, that's nothing new - I've known that for a while. I think it was officially stated around E3. This writer wroted the storyboard for The 11th Hour (I think, or it was the 7th Guest) - another very scary game from what I hear.

I'm waiting for a lot of things

1) that people realize it is not the games or the music that cause kids to snap, it is that the kids ARE FUCKING NUTS!!!

2) my school to stfu

3) people to stop fucking with my life

4) to get the hell off this planet

BBG said...
1) that people realize it is not the games or the music that cause kids to snap, it is that the kids ARE FUCKING NUTS!!!

Heh... reminds of a Chris Rock comedy routine...

"Why can't we just call the kids crazy?!... The parents are always saying 'What were they listening to?' What was HITLER listening to!? What was in his CD case??" It was called Crazy White Kids. You can get it off mp3 swapping programs everywhere.

dsm said:

Dude, that's nothing new - I've known that for a while. I think it was officially stated around E3. This writer wroted the storyboard for The 11th Hour (I think, or it was the 7th Guest) - another very scary game from what I hear.

Graeme Devine?

Shaviro said:

Graeme Devine?

No, not him (Graeme Devine did mention that he worked on the 11th Hour with this guy).

dsm said:

Matthew Costello