Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Monitor and GL Ports

Yesterday I bumped the resolution to 1024X768, and ran a good game of software ZDoom just fine. After that, I see the resolution back down to 648X480, which is my "standard" res, anyway. Then I tried to run a game of GL Legacy, which up till now hasn't caused any problems.
It got as far as the 3dfx splash screen, then it crashed and it couldn't run video mode 6: 640X480X16. Same thing now happens with all the GL ports I have. Help, please?

Stupidity with faulty hardware cannot be concealed.

Jesus Christ man running ports isn't that damn difficult, what the hell is wrong with your machine? =P

Hey now.... play nice deadnail! It's not doomboy's fault dat he was born with a faulty genetic structure, resulting in enhanced stupidity!

............ just playin Doomboy! It's simple dawg.....

DON'T USE DAT RESOLUTION WITH DAT PORT, USE ANOTHER ONE!!!! :P

DooMBoy said:

Yesterday I bumped the resolution to 1024X768, and ran a good game of software ZDoom just fine. After that, I see the resolution back down to 648X480, which is my "standard" res, anyway. Then I tried to run a game of GL Legacy, which up till now hasn't caused any problems.
It got as far as the 3dfx splash screen, then it crashed and it couldn't run video mode 6: 640X480X16. Same thing now happens with all the GL ports I have. Help, please?

Heh, thats strange. I have one suggestion: Get a new video card. Get a Nvidia or ATI card and all your problems will go away. Hell, you don't even need extra copies of the drivers in every game's folder like I used to need to do. 3dfx suck.

Well, lo and behold, I got ZDoomGL to work! The problem is, it crashed on me when I got to E1M4. Then when I rebooted and loaded it up again, everything was blue!
Why is ZDooMGL so crashy?

because it isn't finished yet.

use zdoom v1.22, and be happy. It's idiot-proof, which you'll find useful.. :P

yea zdoom1.23beta has problems with XP. also try running legacy at 1024x768, if u got an ok card( TNT2 or better with 8 megs vram) also zdoom runs and looks great at 800x600. the legacy port is good and stable for a GL port. i run it on a p3 450 and it kicks. anyway good luck with ur port