Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Do wads like this exist

Doominator2 said:

Are there any WADs that add a new Doom experience(like add new monsters,weapons,music,etc.)

Countless. Brutal Doom is perhaps the most famous gameplay mod. Realm667 also has lots of custom monsters and weapons.

NeoDoom by Daniel. Also Demon Eclipse by Eriance.

You can make countless "new experiences" by a combination of classic megawads and modern gameplay mods. Don't let a narrow imagination limit you.

killbotvii said:

Surely you're just drunk, right?

Yep got drunk on 17 cans of Dr Pepper, then I really had to pee.

Oh and thanks Cupboard for the suggestions, most of the WADs I played just felt like map packs with long levels, with annoying monster placment. I did enjoy most of Scythe, untill the final level just made me frustrated.

I can't believe am established community like this would lie to Doominator2 in such a way. Clearly there are no WADs with new monsters or weapons, else he'd have found them with a little searching. You'd be lucky to find any new music, sounds or graphics, even!

rot90fix.wad by Doomkid is a LEGEND AMONG DOOM WADS.

Not really though but you might have fun for a few hours! It's heavily STRAIN/Early MM.wad inspired.

Phobus said:

I can't believe am established community like this would lie to Doominator2 in such a way. Clearly there are no WADs with new monsters or weapons, else he'd have found them with a little searching. You'd be lucky to find any new music, sounds or graphics, even!

Yeah, it's pretty sad Doom mapping/modding never really took off.. :( There was some real potential there too!