Abyssal Speedmapping Session 7

(I need a logo)
First session.
Second session.
Third session.
Foruth session.
Fifth session.
Sixth session.

Alright, the seventh official(heh) Abyssal Speedmapping Session is tentatively set for Monday the 23rd of June, 10am New Zealand time: this should fall on Sunday for everyone else and it'll mean I don't wake anyone up on Sunday mornings anymore. :P Look for Obsidian on Skype(I use the PLUTSKUL avatar) and make sure you say who you are are on there: I had one contact request in Estonian, which was interesting to say the least. Feel free to suggest themes to use in the session as well. :)

Also Tarnsman, I take it you're not submitting your map from the last session? Let me know if you want it in the next compilation.

Monday, eh? A little tricky seeing as it's smack bang in the middle of my work hours, but I should be able to sort something out. No promises though!

Alfonzo said:

Monday, eh? A little tricky seeing as it's smack bang in the middle of my work hours, but I should be able to sort something out. No promises though!

Like I said, it'll fall on Sunday for mostly everyone. I think that includes Australia...

Obsidian said:

Like I said, it'll fall on Sunday for mostly everyone. I think that includes Australia...

11pm on a Sunday for the UK... Yeah, that'll work well enough for me. Is this one a straight up mapping challenge or are you thinking of doing something with DeHackEd again? Session 6 didn't appeal to me, hence me not coming through on what I said about getting a map in despite missing the Skype session :p

Oh that's a pretty cool map in the background of that logo OH SHIT THAT'S MINE :O

Also I'm coming to this as usual, it's 6am again but evidently I don't care. :P

Phobus said:

Is this one a straight up mapping challenge or are you thinking of doing something with DeHackEd again? Session 6 didn't appeal to me, hence me not coming through on what I said about getting a map in despite missing the Skype session :p

Nah, no DeHackEd this time around. If you like you can suggest a theme or two.

DO NOT SUGGEST THE TAJ MAHAL. >:-(

Could get in on the limit-mapping trends and go for 1-monster, 1024 or something... Or even a choice or combination of limits :p

I'd be in, lol that estonian message was automatic, didn't think to change it.

11PM on a Sunday night when I have work in the morning? Hm, not so sure about this one. Put me as a maybe.

LETS SEE IF I CAN MAKE SOME CRAP

Edited by Darsycho

Probably not going to be around when this happens, but I might make a speedmap using one of the themes when I get home anyway. Dunno!

Maybe choose drastically different times each session? Even when I'm awake at 2am I'm usually not in the mood for speedmapping. :p

I'll stick with 10am unless there's a giant outcry from the Russian Doom community. Also, 1 hour to go!

Well 23-rd came quick, wasn't prepared at all, also i'm a bit hammered and it's 1 am here so wrestling with sleep here + forgot to buy decent headset, think i'll miss out this time, maybe next time i'll participate.

Name: Super Bollocks
Author: Jimmy
Music: "The Worst Decision I Ever Made" (written in about 30 minutes)
Build Time: 2 hours
Theme: 10 sectors
Compatibility: Boom

see music name

Map: Bletcherous
Author: James "Phobus" Cresswell
Music Credit: Stacy Anne Christiansen ("Use Your Head" MIDI from Earthworm Jim)
Challenge: 2 flats x 2 textures
Theme: Hilariously ugly TEKWALL clusterfuck
Compatibility: Vanilla... Probably.
Time: 2hr 40mins roughly (my first foray into Alfonzo Time!)

So named because "bletcherous" means "poorly or disgustingly designed". I'll give it a test myself tomorrow and then actually balance it to not be shit... Assuming I've not lucked out and gotten a working map through pure spamming of stuff.

I may or may not have forgotten to post here when the session started. :D Thanks to everyone who joined and I'll try get the wad up as soon as possible.