Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaptainW

Concept sprite for a lever-action shotgun

So I got this thing so far.

Before I go any further, I'd like it if I could get some feedback on the design and more importantly, the style. I'm absolutely aware that there's just something off about the sprite but I can't quite put my finger on what. I'm posting this in case you guys have any idea what that would be that I'm missing.

edit: I literally just remembered that lever-action shotguns don't have an ejection port. You never saw anything!

The thing that looks the most "off" about this sprite is the direction of lighting. Most Doom weapons have the lighting coming from the upper-left side of the gun; this one is lit from the other direction, which makes it look inconsistent with a very large chunk of existing graphics (especially Freedoom's current pistol).

Very duly noted. It instantly looked less weird when I flipped it.

I'd really appreciate it if any comments regarding the design could be made now before any more sprites are made, so that I won't have to reproduce any changes several times over.

Guest Unregistered account

Certainly looks way better than the current cartoony, unsatisfying-feeling one. Let's hope, if this gets in, that the sound will be updated too.

Good work! :D

Looks better than the current one we have.
However the pickup sprite looks a bit strange and i mean the buttstock.
Could use some improvement, don't you think?
Just sayin'.

^ Might do.

Right, so I've had a day half-spent spriting and this is what I've got to show for it so far.

I've made a wad of it and nothing seemed to tear out my eyes in motion. The edges on C and D are way jagged because it was 2AM and I couldn't be arsed. If nobody's got any comment, I'll work out the jagged edges and work on palettising it once I've had a night's sleep.

The reloading has wierd fingers compared to the regular position and the fire could be yellow instead.

Long night, that was. Had a hard time finding a moment between the SGDQ and the comic pages I weekly force out of myself. Here's the stuff tweaked and paletted.