Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Cheap Wii / 360 Guitar Hero Guitars?

Woah, what the fuck happened to the prices on Guitar Hero controllers? I sold my Wii controller + GH3 disc about 4 years ago for $40, which was a good deal for me at the time - I wasn't even expecting that much.

Now, the cheap Chinese knock-off Guitars are $70+ and the used/partially damaged ones are going for $100+? What kind of garbage is this? 100 bucks for some flimsy plastic guitars? I've seen real guitars that are actually half decent for less than this! Why isn't a company like MadCatz pumping these things out for 30 bucks a pop?

Any suggestions? The discs go for about $4, regardless of which version you want - So I'm not having any trouble there, at least.

(Yeah, I know GH is a lame franchise, but I was thinking it'd be a cheap and fun game for me and my fiancee to play together.)

$70+? that's insane man.
I just checked out gamestop.com and they priced the wii/360 guitar hero controllers for 11-12 bucks man. It was pre-owned, but it was at a more sane prince than 70 bucks.

Woah, really? Maybe the price was so inflated because I'm in AUS - but thanks a lot for the tip!

Oh, the cheap real guitars are at Better Music over here. Theyre your typical run of the mill Fender clones, but still, the price is good for beginner guitars.

Honestly, I think any guitar hero/rock band controllers are nothing more than pieces of crap. I encourage people to pick up real instruments, not cheap plastic controllers with colorful buttons on them :P

doomguy93 said:

Honestly, I think any guitar hero/rock band controllers are nothing more than pieces of crap. I encourage people to pick up real instruments, not cheap plastic controllers with colorful buttons on them :P

Yes because playing a rhythm video game and playing real guitar are the same exact thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bashe said:

Yes because playing a rhythm video game and playing real guitar are the same exact thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, you could go get Rocksmith 2014, which is the best of both worlds (a real guitar and a nice on-screen guide to help you figure out the frets and strings you're supposed to be using).

That's true. Rock Band also had a pro guitar that functioned the same. My point though was that it's so silly that in 2014, we still have people going "wow guitar hero sucks play real guitar," because that wasn't old 7 years ago apparently.

Also, screw DDR and take some dancing lessons instead. While we're on the subject, why do people play Super Mario Bros. when they could be pursuing a real career in plumbing? And screw Doom, sign up for NASA, become a REAL astronaut, travel to Mars, and fight the demons yourself.

geekmarine said:

And screw Doom, sign up for NASA, become a REAL astronaut, travel to Mars, and fight the demons yourself.

I actually wrote a similar comparison using Eric Harris but thought it was too distasteful to post.

geekmarine said:

Also, screw DDR and take some dancing lessons instead. While we're on the subject, why do people play Super Mario Bros. when they could be pursuing a real career in plumbing? And screw Doom, sign up for NASA, become a REAL astronaut, travel to Mars, and fight the demons yourself.

I just hope that if I become a plumber I will be able to flush myself down the toilet and arrive in a parallel universe.

Doominator2 said:
I just hope that if I become a plumber I will be able to flush myself down the toilet and arrive in a parallel universe.

Consuming mushrooms first will probably help.

Doominator2 said:

You're been watching The Great Unclogging, haven't you? ;-)