Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breezeep

Stuff that annoys you in the DOOM Community

Fucking DOOM purists that act as if they are the master race....

People in our community, that hate Brutal DOOM and the people that like it and use the word fanboy for anyone that disagrees with them.

People in our community, that are DOOM 3 fans..... no seriously, I've encountered people in our community that when I say DOOM they think of DOOM 3 and I want to fucking rip and tear!!!!!!!!!

Doomguy777 said:

Fucking DOOM purists that act as if they are the master race....

People in our community, that hate Brutal DOOM and the people that like it and use the word fanboy for anyone that disagrees with them.

People in our community, that are DOOM 3 fanboys..... no seriously, I've encountered people in our community that when I say DOOM they think of DOOM 3 and I want to fucking rip and tear!!!!!!!!!

> People in our community that hate brutal doom
>rip and tear

When I make a speedmegawad in a month and I get 2.5 stars. That's just shit, and then I look at d2ino and after an hour I see it has 16 votes all 5 stars, what?!

This is getting really lame. Who let the kindergarten in?

Far too many newfags at the moment. There just isn't enough scorn to go around for them all.

GreyGhost said:

There's too many fish avatars. If we don't impose some sort of population control measures they'll take over the forums, and in due course the Internet.

@Platinum Shell - Aussie here.

I feel a twinge of frustration every time I see a fish avatar. Who even started that trend???

Doomguy777 said:

Fucking DOOM purists that act as if they are the master race...

...that hate Brutal DOOM and the people that like it and use the word fanboy for anyone that disagrees with them.

People in our community, that are DOOM 3 fanboys...

...that when I say DOOM they think of DOOM 3 and I want to fucking rip and tear!

You have just got to be fucking kidding me.

mrthejoshmon said:

You have just got to be fucking kidding me.

Yeah, actually, that reminded me, I'm annoyed by people who somehow got it into their heads that doom was always supposed to be this sort of serious sam / painkiller - type "mow down hordes of enemies like a badass" game, and scream how Doom 3 is not Doom, when in fact Doom 3 is a fantastic representation of how tense and spooky Doom 1 felt way back in the day. So, people who hate Doom 3 because it wasn't Painkiller (and thank fucking god for that, one Painkiller is already more than the world needs) annoy me greatly.

Antroid said:

(and thank fucking god for that, one Painkiller is already more than the world needs)

The same can be said about Serious Sam, by the way. And other games I don't like!

Painkiller is just shit compaired to Doom imo.

Anyway on topic one thing I tend to dislike in the community is when some people fail to use a space after each comma.

hayabusa479 said:

I feel a twinge of frustration every time I see a fish avatar.

How well do you cope with pony avatars? We had a flood of them a few years ago, some of which were fishified.

joe-ilya said:

When I make a speedmegawad in a month and I get 2.5 stars. That's just shit, and then I look at d2ino and after an hour I see it has 16 votes all 5 stars, what?!

Your just bitter about your maps not making it in due to your refusal to work with the team.

Antroid said:

Yeah, actually, that reminded me, I'm annoyed by people who somehow got it into their heads that doom was always supposed to be this sort of serious sam / painkiller - type "mow down hordes of enemies like a badass" game, and scream how Doom 3 is not Doom, when in fact Doom 3 is a fantastic representation of how tense and spooky Doom 1 felt way back in the day. So, people who hate Doom 3 because it wasn't Painkiller (and thank fucking god for that, one Painkiller is already more than the world needs) annoy me greatly.

This. A lot of people really never gave the game a chance. It had it's flaws, but some people would never have been happy unless they got Doom 1 with upgraded graphics. Doom 4 won't be that either, so these same people will hate it.

Antroid said:

XD My DOOM 3 was actually Half-Life 1. I didn't like DOOM 3 or Painkiller. DOOM 3 was pure horror. Painkiller was pure action and was terrible! Just terrible! No atmosphere, nothing! Half-Life 1 is a perfect example of DOOM. It's just... it had the vibe of the first DOOM. It was able to convey mystery, grandeur, and atmosphere! Something that DOOM 3 wasn't able to convey to me.

And to all of those DOOM 3 fans out there, why do you like DOOM 3 so much? Half-Life 1 is a much better game and is underrated by our community. Also, why do people hate Brutal DOOM?

Is it because of the annoying fans who ask for everything to be Brutalized? On the contrary, I don't ask for Brutalized maps and I don't ask for everything to be Brutalized. I appreciate it as a mod, and I believe a good example of how good Brutal DOOM is...

It's....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-UjRPWHQa0

Antroid said:

Same, I like Doom 3 and I own multiple copies of the game (Mostly console ports: Doom 3, Doom 3 ROE, Doom 3 Collectors edition and the Xbox 360 BFG edition).

Some custom maps try to make it into "mow down hordes of monsters" but it usually turns out extremely shit.

Ragnor said:

Your just bitter about your maps not making it in due to your refusal to work with the team.

That, and the fact it also got a 0 from me as I found the megawad to be somewhat filled with haphazard and spastic design, not fun, uninspired and just generally crap. - No offense

Ragnor said:

Heh, I was going to respond to that post, but I'd forgotten about those events.

Da Werecat said:

I strongly disagree.

In Hell is a good action-centric mission pack, although it's very rough around edges.

In Hell is good, it's like PSX DOOM. That has atmosphere yes. But officially, no DOOM 3 has no atmosphere. Not one second did I get scared in DOOM 3, and not one second did DOOM 3 immerse me the way that DOOM 64, DOOM PSX, and DOOM 1 did.

DOOM 1
DOOM 2
Final DOOM = DOOM 3
DOOM 64 = DOOM 4 (DOOM 4 is awesome! DOOM 64 for life!)
DOOM 3 = DOOM 5 (DOOM 5 sucks!)
DOOM 4 = DOOM 6 (This one is going to be awesome hopefully! :D)

Doomguy777 said:

Fucking BRUTAL DOOM purists that act as if they are the master race....

People in our community, that do nothing but complain that BRUTAL DOOM isn't compatible with certain maps and don't even bother too play the fucking thing in the first place without the mod and who also think that is what Doom should have been if id had the technology.

FTFY! I think you'll find that this is how the majority of the Brutal Doom fan base appears to come across. I have yet to see Doom players that play Doom without the mod act the way that you state they do. EDIT: Saw the rest of your comment. I don't hate Brutal Doom, I just find that it gets boring quickly but then again, I have yet to come across a game play mod which keeps me playing for more than half an hour. Heck, I get bored of Doom after an hour.

@Joe-Ilya No offence mate, but I got bored after the second map of your megawad so stop being so egotistical about your new release, and butt hurt because a different wad got rated higher, maybe then you'll be a little more respected.

Doomguy777 said:

DOOM 3 = DOOM 5 (DOOM 5 sucks!)
DOOM 4 = DOOM 6 (This one is going to be awesome hopefully! :D)

Doom 5 and 6 aren't even announced yet, kid