Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linkrulezall

What was your first internet video?

The first video I ever saw on the internet was this, back when Google Video was still a thing:

However, if you wanna go REALLY far back, there was a clip from The Man Show of a chubby kid selling beer at a beer stand, which I had downloaded from a site that I can't remember the name of even before streaming video was a thing. You can't find it on Youtube anymore (I tried to reupload it but got auto-pruned for copyright), but it still exists elsewhere: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3q86_4-man-show-kid-beer-stand_fun

What was yours?

Well, in my case we are talking about the mid '90s, and if we are considering any type of video, the first one I remember is maybe a "demonstration" about NetMeeting in school (and I was really dissapointed: considerable lag, shitty audio, etc.). If we are talking about youtube-like videos, I don't know, probably some music video or something.

This is probably gonna date me, but this was my first internet video, and in fact, my first exposure to the concept that the internet could be used to share videos. Of course, at the time, even the concept of something like youtube was far, far in the future - we shared videos by email, darn it, the way God intended.

Actual video, I don't know. But I certainly remember watching some Flash "videos" way back when bandwidth was still very expensive.

I never got the appeal of the dancing baby thing.

There were some clips and trailers for things, but this was the first memorable one:

This old thing.

It was 2005, I was a kid...

YouTube was this fresh, new exciting thing, and I was entertained by this type of shit.

I'm old, but the first video(s) off the internet I came in contact with was music videos using real audio play the size of post stamp. It wasn't very fulfilling.

fraggle said:

Napster bad vid

Not sure if I saw that first or one of the 'frog-in-a-blender' or other joecartoon ones.

My first internet video was some Bud Light commercial that had fighting robots in it. The first robot looked serious while the other one was a minifridge on wheels with a gigantic hammer hidden inside. That's how I remember it...

I have seen older ones too but oldest I can remember was some Tenacious D music video back in the day.

Probably Weird Al or some shit.

One memorable video though was I think one that had Thrice's 'Artist in the Ambulance' playing over footage from the 2002/2003 clone wars cartoon. Sadly the video doesn't exist anymore.

I would have no idea on what the first video I ever watched, I've been using the internet since 2003 so...bleh.

The earliest flash video I can remember, around 1998-1999 would've been stickdeath.

fraggle said:

Actual video, I don't know. But I certainly remember watching some Flash "videos" way back when bandwidth was still very expensive.

That video reminds me of King REoL and his flash site and Metallica of DooM and other disturbing things.

I have no idea what was the first video I saw on the internet back in 2000 or whatever. I have a hard time remembering what rubbish I watched last week...

Microwave Gerbil and Banana Phone are two of the earliest ones that stick out in my mind.

Oh, there was that video on the old Doom clan OFoD's site, where a lame doomer named CatfishKing attempts to BFG spam and an old guy shoots him. I hope someone out there, perhaps a Doom Connecter user, remembers this thing..

Unless my memory serves me wrong, I think it was some Angry German Kid video. Don't remember which one of out of the million, though.