Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keithktam

how to launch legacy of suffering?

hi, i am now trying to launch this wad myself. How to do that exactly? I have downloaded GZdoom and have doom2.wad ready in the same folder together with the files I got from Legacy of Suffering. I tried to drag the LOS.pk3 file to the GZdoom's icon, and it did launch, how ever, i ran in some issues, first, i can't reload my shotgun even though i did assign a key to it, the second thing is that i can't look up and down like other wads with GZdoom, don't know if it is supposed to be that way, like the good old Doom... and also the new GZdoom did not come with a .cfg, i managed to downloaded it else where made by another guy, but unsure if that config file is compatible with my GZdoom.... and i also noticed there is another .pk3 called ST-Patch, wondering how to load that at the same time.hope you can guys can help me with this.Thank you!!

OK, to load it just drag and drop los.pk3 to gzdoom and make sure you select doom 2 as the iwad (as explained in the txt, ST-patch is for loading los with Skulltag). You are right about the reloading, it doesn't work with the key I pre defined for that, but, at least in my case, pressing the secondary fire button does the trick. About looking up and down, I don't know if it's "allowed", but anyway, go to Mouse Options and select Always Mouselook (that's how I do it when a wad requires it, and works every time).

About the .cfg file, if I'm not mistaken GZDoom will create one automatically if it's not present (so you don't have to search for another one), but I'm not sure about this.

Zed said:

About the .cfg file, if I'm not mistaken GZDoom will create one automatically if it's not present (so you don't have to search for another one), but I'm not sure about this.

This is correct.

You can also run LOS from the command prompt (or batch file, or Windows shortcut) that reads: "gzdoom -iwad doom2.wad -file los.pk3" (add path names where necessary.)

thanks guy!!

EDIT: ah... still can't reload, i did set it to use mouse 2 (right click) this time and still no luck....

keithktam said:

EDIT: ah... still can't reload, i did set it to use mouse 2 (right click) this time and still no luck....

What I mean is that I used the secondary fire button (which in my case is the right mouse button, reload is 'r'), so instead of setting your right mouse button to reload, set it as secondary fire, and when you reload the shotgun, use right mouse (alt fire) instead of the key you assigned to reload (whatever key that is).

Zed said:

What I mean is that I used the secondary fire button (which in my case is the right mouse button, reload is 'r'), so instead of setting your right mouse button to reload, set it as secondary fire, and when you reload the shotgun, use right mouse (alt fire) instead of the key you assigned to reload (whatever key that is).

thanks, it works now! i must say, is rather odd though...

i think LOS is one of those older mods that used alt-fire as reload, before G/ZDoom got a global Reload key in (so you don't have to code in a reload key into your mod yourself.)