Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canofbacon

Favorite Drink

Well, MY personal drinking preferences are:

Out of soft drinks: It is Cola. I'm not addicted to the stuff, but i've been drinking it for long enough to actually distinguish different kinds (or sorts, or titles) of it. The Pepsi, for example, has a nice taste, but IMHO, if you eat something sweet, the taste of Pepsi just goes away, leaving you with a black-coloured version of cheap mineral water of some sort. And that's why i prefer the actual Coke, because of its stronger taste. RC Cola is not bad if you're low on cash, and anything cheaper than RC Cola is just plain horrible...
(At least from what is sold where i live)

I'm not very keen at alcohol since I only drink in celebrations, and not even all of them. I'm just not interested. From what i had was shampagne (which was nice), some strong chocolate liquor (which i'd rather drink as a dare than actually for consumption), and some cheap beer, which really sucked. Oh, and some Gin, which was nice at first but then it wasn't as good. (Maybe i should've taken the "long drink" label more seriously).

Of the energy drinks: It actually happens to be Monster, especially the red "Assault" one with the best taste in my opinion. The "Rehab" (yellow) one has some awkward lemon tea taste, but at least it does its function very well (that is giving energy. I was almost falling asleep on a bench once. And the "Rehab" worked like magic :D).

joe-ilya said:

Monster.
I wish the country I live in would sell these wonderful things. Back when I was at czech I drank two cans of monster (seperatly) and got hook up with the taste.
Instead of selling the drinks, the country I live in sells T-shirts and hats with the name.

What kind of country is that?? :D

Back about a few years ago I remember the cafeteria used to sell energy drinks to 7th grader, yes sell. I remember kids having 3 Redbulls at lunch, and whats ironic is that are school encouraged healthy life styles. Thankfully they banned them the next year, I could hardly concentrate with all the kids going ape shit.

Water for extinguishing thirst , cold milk with food, beer and whisky for entertainment purpose

I'm a gatorade guy. Lemon Lime, Orange, Rain Berry, and Blue cherry, in order of preference.

40oz said:

I'm a gatorade guy. Lemon Lime, Orange, Rain Berry, and Blue cherry, in order of preference.

I'm disappointed that your favourite drink isn't a 40oz.

Are those on plastic bottles or just clear glass? Doesn't make me drink them immediately, especially if the case is former in here.

Aoi_Shinigami said:

What kind of country is that?? :D

Israel, even though I wasn't born there and I'm not a jew. By the second name of my nick you know it's a russian name, right?

CorSair said:

Are those on plastic bottles or just clear glass? Doesn't make me drink them immediately, especially if the case is former in here.

I read somewhere that some malt liquor firms in the States are indeed moving to plastic bottles for their lower-end malt liquor. Wouldn't surprise me, actually.

Putting alcohol in plastic bottles is quite normal in Eastern Europe: in Greece we get a lot of beers from Bulgaria, Serbia, Russia etc. that come in plastic bottles. BTW, we're talking 1l minimum, with 2l and 3l bottles being common. At those sizes, when you have to sell big quantities to make a profit (and there's the demand for it...) it makes sense to use plastic just for the weight and logistics savings.

Now, locally produced Greek beers are -still- not distributed in that way, but if they prove cost-effective enough and the crisis forces manufacturers to move towards a more Eastern European model, why not.

However, while there isn't local beer in plastic bottles, some cheap wines are legally sold in plastic bottles, especially retsina "wine", which is pretty much the greek equivalent of bum wine/mad dog.

Of course, if you buy moonshine wine or spirits, those get happily distributed even in thin plastic jugs. That's particularly nasty with red wine, that stains them.

Now, I don't know if there's any specific risk of putting alcohol in plastic containers. I suppose that if you put some 50%+ moonshine in plastic, it might melt some of it away and mix with it.

Then again, Iceland's national liquor, Brennivin, comes in a plastic bottle, and I suppose the civil and orderly Icelanders aren't fuckups/jemenfoutists like e.g. Russians or Greeks? *grin*

joe-ilya said:

I bet Maes favorite drink is this:

(Disclaimer: I don't care if I'm a dumbass for quoting)

What's that, floating butt in blue gelly...something? While the sight is indeed interesting, if the drink is something like blue curacao or something sweetened...yech. Strong alcohol in sweetened drinks is the only combination I can't stand.

Maes said:

What's that, floating butt in blue gelly...something? While the sight is indeed interesting, if the drink is something like blue curacao or something sweetened...yech. Strong alcohol in sweetened drinks is the only combination I can't stand.

I don't know, I just googled 'butt drink' onto the image section and found this hilarious image because you like butts in your drinks and stuff, you know... Humor.
EDIT: you can look up the thing and go to the website it's published on and see what it is made of since I don't care as long as it's humoristic and hilarious with some of your favorite things in life.

Heh. Turns out it's some kind of meme called twerk pudding. Go figure. The "butt" is actually milk pudding shaped into some anime girl's butt, while the blue stuff is Hawaian Blue cocktail jelly.

For me, this is the first result for "butt drink":

Maes said:

For me, this is the first result for "butt drink":

[img]http://amokmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/bethenny-coco-june14.jpg[img]

Me too, but I decided the butt jelly for a reason and you know it!

Water, Liquid Yoghurt, Guarana, Pepsi, Sunquick, Ice Tea, but most of all ACE drink and juices with vitamins.
And also any natural fruit juices(even limon or lime juice).

I mostly drink water. A lot of coffee in the morning. I used to drink a lot of pop, but I very rarely drink it now. That shit makes me sick since I've stopped.

Water mostly due to ab exercises, the rare soda which would be Dr Pepper, and even rarer Full Throttle Blue.

But favoorite drink of all? Berry Smoothies. Strawberries, black berries, blue berries, you name it.

The 'Spooky Peach' Slurpeee flavour 7-Eleven had on Halloween when I was probably about eight years old. I've seen very few peach flavours of slush beverages since, and the ones I have didn't come close.

Tim Hortons used to serve their peach juice from a fountain years ago, and it was also really great.

Pepsi Blue, but that might be nostalgia goggles. I wish I could find a way to ship a fresh case from Malaysia so I could try it again.

As far as currently existing drinks go, perhaps Mountain Dew Voltage.

Maes said:

I'm disappointed that your favourite drink isn't a 40oz.

I'm really surprised by that as well. My favorite 40z of malt liquor growing up was Olde English 800. Though I stopped drinking those a while ago.

My favorite non-bum beer is Bluemoon, or yuengling.

Maes said:

I read somewhere that some malt liquor firms in the States are indeed moving to plastic bottles for their lower-end malt liquor. Wouldn't surprise me, actually.

You mean that crap they sell in American grocery stores to get around laws making it illegal to sell coolers with vodka and rum in them? Not surprising. In Canada those have real liquor in them and they've started appearing in plastic bottles too.

A friend brought me one of these from Vietnam. The liquor in them is about 25% abv. and tastes a bit sweet. The one I got looks most like the one in the left in the second image. Looks good on my shelf of liquor bottles and glasses.

I brew a tall cup of Chase and Sanford special roast every morning and consider myself to be useless without it :P I prefer it sweetened, with generous creamer, and some Torani syrup, particularly hazelnut (vanilla and chocolate are also valid options and I keep them all on hand).

In terms of alcoholic beverages, out of what I've had, I like a well-made margarita the best. If I just want to chill out at home without a bunch of mess, I make a tequila sunrise, because squeezing limes is major bullshit when you just want to make a drink.

Aliotroph? said:

You mean that crap they sell in American grocery stores to get around laws making it illegal to sell coolers with vodka and rum in them? Not surprising. In Canada those have real liquor in them and they've started appearing in plastic bottles too.

A friend brought me one of these from Vietnam. The liquor in them is about 25% abv. and tastes a bit sweet. The one I got looks most like the one in the left in the second image. Looks good on my shelf of liquor bottles and glasses.

Happy Canada Day btw

With meals, I usually drink water, but counting that out, my favorite drink is a cold, refreshing Heineken beer. Or coffee.

Non-alcoholic: Dr. Pepper, Milk, Chai Tea and sports drinks.
Alcoholic: Mead and really stout beer.

Since most people ask me what Mead is as soon as I bring it up. Mead is made with fermented honey with things like spices, fruits and grains added. It ranges between a sweet or semi-sweet taste. I will warn you though, you really need to pay attention to the alcohol content when you start trying Mead. It varies from 8% to 25% or more and a lot of the higher range Mead go down really easy. So it is the kind of drink that you can get yourself into trouble with really easily.

I'm an iced tea fanatic. Lipton, Red Rose, it's all good. I slap a few bags into this, fill up the machine's reservoir with water and then refill the pitcher with ice, push a button and wait for a few. Not to mention the other recipes that the machine comes with, like strawberry lime iced tea. Don't drink much hot tea or any hot drink for that matter.

Coopersville said:

Pepsi Blue, but that might be nostalgia goggles. I wish I could find a way to ship a fresh case from Malaysia so I could try it again.

Dude don't remind me of Pepsi Blue, I sometimes get memories of the taste and it makes me a bit sad that it's not around anymore. I mean, you could buy a bottle on Amazon for way more than the nostalgia's worth, but you'd still probably wind up like this guy.

I like coffee as well, I drink it before going out. The coffee only works when I wanna sleep. I guess I should drink it when sleepy.

I don't always drink soda, but when I do, I prefer Coke.

Usually drink milk, juice and especially water most of the time. Never could really get into coffee for some reason, I've tried it a few times and it just doesn't appeal to me. Energy drinks are stupid and are for lamers. (Okay not really.) I have no plans to drink alcohol when I turn 21 and I never will.

Patch93 said:

Never could really get into coffee for some reason, I've tried it a few times and it just doesn't appeal to me.

Same here. It is way too bitter for me, man.

Ah yes I forgot to mention also with juice I usually drink orange juice, and I do like to drink a lot of milk.

Doominator2 said:

What is Dr pepper supposed to taste like anyways?

I had a friend from Japan, who had never had Dr. Pepper before, say it tasted similar to ginger. Personally, I think it's somewhere in between that and cinnamon.

Earl Grey tea
Black tea
Vodka + cranberry juice combined with pomegranate flavor.

Water basically kicks ass. It feels great and promotes regular bowel movements. Coffee is pretty much OK.

edit: I'm really looking forward to the day I try Purple Drank. They will write tales of that experience in the appendices of future history books. Just imagine that, Purple Drank. Ahh.