Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

Ultimate Doom in Name Only - voting for new leadership (see page 20)

I might claim E1m3.

edit: changed my mind, I might be pushing myself because I'm making a map for NOVA 2.

As I stated on Steam; I may not be able to contribute, but if I finish the maps that I stated and provided that there's enough time, I will contribute. I have yet to play the first but I'll keep my eye on this.

I'll try 'they will repent' & 'mt. erebus' I swear my mapping style changed. Give me a chance.

Sign me up for E1M3. It's one of my favourite maps in the entire game, so to redo it from scratch will be neat!

Did we decide if we were using the slimefalls? My central hub idea that I just got relies on them a bit.

Are teleports allowed in E1? Excluding the end of E1M8, there's only one that can be used by the player in Doom's E1 on E1M5 (that wasn't even in the first release of the map), and IIRC the only other one is in E1M9 when monsters teleport in.

Yay! i'll start some little-progress on E2M3 now.

Also, if nobody taked Slough of Despair, please sign me in for that map too!

Oh yes. Oh yes, I like this. I know Roger Ritenour's Phobos mapset sort of got started on this idea, but only went so far. I've always wanted to see more literal level interpretations of Doom's map names.

Of course, good luck figuring out E4. I almost wonder if you should drop E4, since the map names are so abstract that it'd pretty much end up as an episode of random stuff. (That, and because E4 is hard-coded to borrow music from the other episodes, so anybody who wants a custom track for their E4 map is kind of screwed.)

Uh... looks like lots of people claiming e1m3! let's see who decide this claim match :evilgrin:

Ledillman said:

Uh... looks like lots of people claiming e1m3! let's see who decide this claim match :evilgrin:

As far as I can see, I called it first, and I actually have some ideas, mostly revolving around the main room and some progression stuff. I am planning on having the room start off "empty" and then fill with nukage later, and I have some pretty good ideas about how I can achieve this in vanilla. Let the other guy have E1M4.

Holy shit, at this rate the entirety of the three original episodes is going to be claimed pretty quick. I guess I better try harder with e2m8 and e3m8 so that I at least have some contribution in this one!

I think we should incorporate the allfalls, excluding brown slime and nukage falls. I think blood falls should stay.

I think the limitations on when certain things appear (such as textures, weapons and monsters) needs to be reigned in somewhat - I can understand stuff like the Cyberdemon/Mastermind/BFG being kept for special maps, but teleporters being kept out of E1? There's a point where it stops being specific limits and starts being a pointlessly strict framework of "Ultimate Doom did it this way". You're not making Ultimate Doom the Way whatever whatever Did, it's Doom In Name Only. Try and have some liberties with enemy/weapon/map theme introduction, guys.

Ragnor said:

And thus, Eris' second (third?) project begins

Heh, you have no idea my backlog of stuff I want to do.

Revilution - WIP
UDINO (lead) - WIP
Secret project (w/ springy) - Technically started
Rainbows - Concept tested
Soundtrack remaster - WIP
Eridian Twilight - Not started
WWII mod/mapset - Not started

--

1-3 goes to Onslaught, as he claimed it first. All other slots assigned. E2 and E1 are now full.

Yes, teleporters are allowed in E1, but I'd rather we didn't have the pentagram flats for them. The silver flat with the blue circle should work fine.

You know what, sorry to be such a bother Eris, but go ahead and remove the "tentative" from e2m8. I've chosen a slightly different idea that I'm fairly certain I'm capable of realizing. I'm pretty sure I'll make this map, now.

And I think I'll start work on Dis too, maybe if there's a level w/o the boss already there people will be more eager to try and make a boss setup. Heck, maybe I'll miraculously manage something. I'm gonna edit my original post about it now, too.

Please unsign me from E4M2 slot. I decided to better leave the map to be done by somebody else who can handle "Hatred" competently, I currently need to focus on other mapping too.

scifista42 said:

Please unsign me from E4M2 slot. I decided to better leave the map to be done by somebody else who can handle "Hatred" competently, I currently need to focus on other mapping too.

Man, if the author of D2INO's map07 can't handle "hatred" competently, I'm not sure anyone can. Although maybe we can go meta and make a really terrible map for that slot? With every single level design no-no we can think of? :D

Is Doomguy really far away, or is that mountain tiny?

By the way, I never really liked the large amounts of mid-high-tier monsters on HNTR in D2INO.

Sort of, it would be nice to see something a bit like this. D2INO was pretty chaotic with its difficulty.

Joe, that's not really a mountain. Mountain's are huge.

Maybe he means one of the mountains in the sky texture. And that anthill directly in front of the camera is just a random decorative feature.