Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

Was there some James Bond design trend for main characters of FPS games in 2003?

I've been looking at older games particularly FPS games from 2003 and noticed at least a few of them have a main character which kind of looks like the Pierce Brosnan verion of James Bond.

Like for example:

And:

Around the time I only had a gamecube and have missed a lot of FPS games, I was only playing the James Bond games from during the time.

Uh typical white guys on covers sell games. Its either good hair or shaved head.

XIII I think is based off of a french comic book. Whether or not the protagonist was deliberately designed after James Bond I couldn't tell you, but from what I remember of the game, he had no similarities to Bond. While that promotional art doesn't show it, the protagonist has gray hair and is markedly older.

For Chrome, I dunno about the Pierce Brosnan similarities, because I can't stop focusing on just what a derpface the protagonist seems to have on the cover. Dear God, it's hideous.

I remember spending hours playing Night Fire and Agent under fire on Gamecube trying to get all the platinum medals.

geekmarine said:

For Chrome, I dunno about the Pierce Brosnan similarities, because I can't stop focusing on just what a derpface the protagonist seems to have on the cover. Dear God, it's hideous.

Not just him, but the girl too appears to be cross-eyed, but that could just be in favor of cross-eyed people having relatable game characters.

Also, Chrome Guy always reminded me of a mix between Brosnan and Willem Dafoe.

StevieCybernetik said:

13 was a game I honestly enjoyed...

Some people enjoy it so much they have it tattooed on them.

I believe at least Timesplitters 1 & Timesplitters 2 follow along certain gameplay mechanics as specified by the Goldeneye Series. At least in terms of the character models and gameplay mechanics (i.e. no jump).