Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Georgia Man Leaves Baby in Car to Die in Heat

I'm surprised no one hasn't brought this up, its been a story going for a few weeks now. A one year old was left in his father's vehicle by accident to die in the hot Georgia summer sun. His father claims that he thought he dropped his kid off. His co workers say that when he found his son in the car he had legitimate sorrow for his son being in there. He was banned from his son's funeral and now it comes out that he was sexting that day. Now the father might get the death penalty.

I could post dozens of links to stories, but here's the google overall link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=georga+man+leaves+child+in+car&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=georgia+man+leaves+child+in+car&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&safe=off&tbm=nws

While I do believe people do some pretty stupid things and overlook the blatant obvious, I can't believe that he thought he dropped off his kid off. While I do believe he should get the death penalty, the state of Georgia needs to prove his intent and that's a tough task, but it looks like the father researched child deaths in hot cars:

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/justin-ross-harris-researched-kids-dying-in-cars-before-leaving-cooper-harris-to-die-warrant-says-1.8603223

Not only that, but the mother also researched child deaths in hot cars:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/georgia-mother-researched-child-deaths-hot-cars-police-article-1.1848737

That could mean he used her computer to search it.

Let your thoughts fly!

Yeah now NBC is saying he wasn't sexting the child's mother, his wife, but he lives a double life if not several double lives. One of the sexts was a dick pic to a 16 year old.

Top ten shocking moments of the case:

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-ross-harris-cooper-toddler-hot-car-death-live-blog

Oh fuck he had 2 life insurances on his son one through work, one through private means.

The wife showed no emotion during the trial and supposedly she acted more concerned with her husband at the police station than her dead baby.

The people at work were defending him, but someone brought up the fact that he had gone to his vehicle to get something and came back at noon. I still believe people make bonehead decisions and miss the obvious, but its looking more like he's guilty.

The father is completely deaf in his right ear and well we have driver's seats on the left side, so I guess that could be a reason.... other than the whole its your child that you check on. Plus, if he thought he dropped his kid off, would that mean he was 5 or 10 minutes early to work that day? Since he didn't drop off his kid. I'd think he'd realize yeah I'm early to work today, life is good. oh shit that's because I didn't drop my kid off.

Superluigieth1 said:

Fucking hell America, at least I'm in Australia...

Though we have our share of children dying of heat stress in locked cars, usually while the parents are nearby getting drunk and/or feeding poker machines.

GreyGhost said:

Though we have our share of children dying of heat stress in locked cars, usually while the parents are nearby getting drunk and/or feeding poker machines.

Children being left in cars are a surprisingly common thing. My wife even told me she got a link shared to her on her news feed on facebook with tips like "before leaving your child or dog in the car, leave one of your shoes in your car to remind you they're still in there."

personally I'd be more likely to remember my child is baking in my vehicle like a rotisserie chicken than notice I'm only wearing one shoe.

the attempted murder follow up that this story is growing into is pretty whacky though.

if he is found guilty, he deserves the death sentence... but we have to go through the system and assume he's innocent until proven guilty.

edit: based on his research, i think he's guilty...

What the Hell!? So he leaves his kid to cook in his car just so he can show pictures of his Penis to underage kids!? Thats some pretty messed up crap right there.

Doominator2 said:

What the Hell!? So he leaves his kid to cook in his car just so he can show pictures of his Penis to underage kids!? Thats some pretty messed up crap right there.

He was at work. His employer should also be interested in what he does at work.

The leave your shoes in the car is a great idea. Some 12 year old came up with a forget me not like a bunch of hooked rubber bands going from your door to your interior so when you open the door it reminds you oh yeah I have a kid. The kid isn't even trying to make money he's got youtube videos explaining how you can make your own.

I tried googling it, but I couldn't find anything but child car deaths.

There's an article that was done by the Washington Post that explains how a person can forget a child in the car. I can't find it right now, but if I do, I'll like it here. It's actually surprising how easily someone can forget.

That said, I have been following this story. I think something suspicious is going on with this guy, but at this point, I certainly don't believe that he went out of his way to kill his child and so would say he's not guilty. The police are going to have to release more information in order to get me to change my mind.

Seeker_of_Truth said:

There's an article that was done by the Washington Post that explains how a person can forget a child in the car. I can't find it right now, but if I do, I'll like it here. It's actually surprising how easily someone can forget.

That said, I have been following this story. I think something suspicious is going on with this guy, but at this point, I certainly don't believe that he went out of his way to kill his child and so would say he's not guilty. The police are going to have to release more information in order to get me to change my mind.

It is possible that anyone can forget a kid in a car. But he said that he thought he dropped the kid off. Both could be true. The whole thing about searching for child deaths in cars could be a setup. Either the cops making him look guilty or his wife making him look guilty. Maybe he did drop the kid off, maybe the wife picked up the kid, put the kid in the car and walked away.

Seeker_of_Truth said:

he did google searches on h ow long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car and how to survive prison. don't you think that looks funny? either way searching for both of those before this is very stupid.

I wish Russia would hurry up and reclaim Georgia as their territory.

Yeah I know what Georgie where talking about. My comment still stands.

Pure Hellspawn said:

he did google searches on h ow long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car and how to survive prison. don't you think that looks funny? either way searching for both of those before this is very stupid.

Strange searches are always suspect, but not damnening. Especially if you follow the Casey Anthony case. The chloroform searches and hand to hand combat techniques.

I would search for how to survive in prison, because its made me legitimately curious what they could have, but eh then somehow I'll get snagged for something and the cops will be like well you searched for Doom, child killing and how to survive prison. Clearly you're a child killer inspired by Doom.

Like I said, it is suspicious. Just because he looked that up doesn't automatically make him guilty though. Also, we don't know why or how long ago he looked this up either. With the information the the police have released to this point, I'm just not ready to throw him under the bus.

Also, as a side note, if he's looking up how to survive prison, he obviously thought he would get caught. Why then would he go and commit the crime then? For all we know, he really did want to kill the child in this way, but realized he was going to get caught only for it to happen anyway on accident. I know, I know, it's not very likely, but with all the information that we have now, who knows?

geo said:

I'm surprised no one hasn't brought this up

Not to sound cynical, but accidents like these do happen everyday all over the world, along with e.g. dog attacks on people, babies being found in the trash and so on, and they often barely make more than the local crime news.

If something is particularly heinous it may make national crime news, but don't expect it to make international crime news unless it's something that bothers Westerners particularly for some reason, like e.g. the repeated public gang-rapes in India (but the public now seems to have developed a "resistance" even to those, as soon as it became apparent that they way too frequent to shed tears over each and every one).

I'm surprised however that U.S. school shootings always make international news with a great deal of debates over gun control, American mentality etc. while e.g. terrorist attacks in Iraq or Pakistan don't seem to bother anyone, despite them having more victims.

Perhaps the explanation is that the world expected better (?) of the USA than they do from "3rd world shitholes", but somehow I don't buy that.

Maes said:

I'm surprised however that U.S. school shootings always make international news with a great deal of debates over gun control, American mentality etc. while e.g. terrorist attacks in Iraq or Pakistan don't seem to bother anyone, despite them having more victims.

Perhaps the explanation is that the world expected better (?) of the USA than they do from "3rd world shitholes", but somehow I don't buy that.

I think that's because middle East countries like the ones you've mentioned are considered permanent war zones in public eye anyway. It's sort of "predictable" that someone is going to get shot there. It's different with schools - nobody expects a shooting there. It's supposed to be a place where kids are safe and free to obtain knowledge, etc.

Dude was too busy cyber-wanking at work with underage girls to make sure his child wasn't slowly and painfully dying. Wow. I haven't been this disgusted in awhile.

No parking lot security at this guy's job?

Buddy shouldn't get the death penalty because someone else wasn't doing their job too.