Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Eternity Engine map: Furious heights *Unfinished*

I have to say that is a furious use of brown and would lead to some chaotic SP gameplay due to its overlapping nature. Why not incorporate it into your next Hexen project, Curse of the Gods or some such?

Well, texturing is a bit of a mess in it. But I don't have any use for it because it only works in EE because of the portals it's map layout is pretty much useless to incorperate into any other port.

EDIT; Also it's a "cover" of a Quake Live map of the same name.

Oh wow, I remember seeing pictures of this ages ago. One of the best uses of STARTAN2 by far. :)

That complex multiple-level 3D architecture is exactly why I want to map for EE as soon as you can engage in combat across the portals. Great work.

All I've really been waiting for is the Heretic and Hexen support. Had I had that I would've easily made my Curse projects using EE. The portals are robust enough to use for SOME things in map layouts. Just that in this map, it really pointificates the issues with the physics engine at the moment.

The big, big problem with current-gen portals is that hitscans/projectiles still can't pass between them.

Mordeth said:

The big, big problem with current-gen portals is that hitscans/projectiles still can't pass between them.

Projectiles pass just fine. Hitscans do not, yet. Now that lines of sight are working, I have a template for hitscans - they have some extra complicating factors that I must figure out first.

SoM claims also to have a new take on the clipping issues and has a prototype where you can go seamlessly up and down stairs, for example, with your collision against lines on the other side of the portal working properly.

As for Heretic, Hexen, and Strife, a ton of progress was just made this last couple of weeks in taking steps closer to all of them.

When I'm standing on some stairs I get a weird effect with the player jumping up and down very quickly and it's hard to "escape" when this happens. ???

Memfis said:

When I'm standing on some stairs I get a weird effect with the player jumping up and down very quickly and it's hard to "escape" when this happens. ???

Those are the portal clipping bugs that are being mentioned in the thread.