Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunrock

Help adding detail to this type of texture

Well first of all using the same texture on everything is too much of a good thing IMHO. You need to change things up. Put some pillars along the walls for example....or make a sector that follows the walls and have the higher part a diff texture. Cut some of the floor away and lower it a bit and use some blood on there or whatever you want. Experiment. Just don't make a whole room of the same texture or figure out how to break it up somehow..

When I made the first Vilecore I did a lot of that using the same texture everywhere syndrome. Don't go there man. ;)

Thanks guys! You are helping me out a lot. The map i'm making is a slight remake of the psx map 'spawning vats' As you may know most of the texture throughout the map has the same theme. I'm trying to 'break' it up a bit so it doesn't look boring. Here is what I came up with for the starting room texture based off of what you guys suggested...

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/6793/qzyb.png

Guest Unregistered account

And you can always make alcoves in the walls impassable.

Also, if you want to make tiny, intricate details in the walls and/or trimmings around the edges, you need to. I once played a CTF map that had -LOADS- of little details, and I kept zipping up the walls and getting stuck on things. :/

Structural Obstacles: Center pillars, wall pillars, windows, and fences
Height Variation: Platforms, pits, stairs, elevators
Trim: A sector inside of another sector that has a slightly lowered ceiling, different texture, or different floor texture.
Lighting Variations!
Item Obstacles!