Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marxr

Gtkradiant problem

I know doom forum is probably not the place to post this but i couldn't find the answer anywhere else. So I want to make a map for darkplaces using gtkradiant 1.5. Everything works great except it wont let me see any textures, can't texture my map. All it gives me is a little image with the text "shader is missing" or something. I bet someone here maps for quake or doom 3 or something. Same problem is with any other game i want to map for btw except quake 2, that works fine for some reason.

Yes i missed it, it seemed like no one answered to me so i made a thread but thanks, i'll see if that works.

What do you mean maptypes and brushtypes? I think the only thing you can change regarding brushes are detail. So a detail brush, not really something to worry about if you're just starting.

Edit: Nevermind. I know nothing about mapping for Darkplaces.

The config files are in gtkradiant\games\ folder, and are .game files. You can also make copy/paste/edit your own configs, if you don't want to edit the default configs.

Each config also have a folder with the same name as the config file in the gtkradiant folder. So you'll need to copy one of them too. These folders have stuff like map build/compile options, and .ent files for map entities.

Already did that, still not working, it also gives me an error: Unable to find default tag file C:/Program Files (x86)/GtkRadiant 1.5.0/darkplaces.game/shadertags.xml. No tag support.

That text shows up red in the console.

EDIT: got ninjaed, this is ment as a response for Archi

So i copied .game file and that folder to darkplaces/id1/textures, am i doing it right? now it gives me error Texture load failed: "textures/"

Oh, now I see, there's a Darkplaces as a game in GTKRadiant.
For original quake it works good if you place wad in id1 or quake folder, but for darkplaces you need to put textures in folders like:
"quake/id1/textures/e1m1/".
I don't know where to find original textures besides wad file I've already mentioned or compiled maps.
So I'll recommend to make maps for original Quake, not Darkplaces, and test it in Darkplaces, if you're not planning to use any of it's features (I don't know any, besides support for HD textures and models).

I recommend you try and see if NetRadiant works for you. It's basically 1.5 but with some of its annoyances fixed.

Tried in quake but still gives me Texture load failed: "textures/" really getting tired of this shit, i was looking for a solution long before i made this post. Maybe ill try netradiant.

Finally got it working, thanks for your replies everyone. It still bugs me however that doom 3 had the same problem, i don't have it installed now but it will be the same shit all over again once i decide to map for doom 3.